Grand Theft Auto V Page 74

• Page

of 318 First / Last

• ecureuil 24 May 2013 13:53:05 76,495 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Tryhard wrote:
    More excited about GTA V than next gen right now.Unless they announce GTA V next gen,then my pants could be in trouble.
    I wouldn't be surprised to see it appear on next gen consoles around the same time the PC version is released.
  • SomaticSense 24 May 2013 14:07:57 7,956 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    ecureuil wrote:
    Rodriguez wrote:
    @ecureuil

ecureuil wrote:
    I'll probably get the special edition. I do want that uber edition but it's so expensive. Any word on the UK pricing? The collector's edition is $149.99 in the states. $79.99 for the special edition.
    Shopto are currently listing the Collectors Edition for £119.86.
    Yeah, seems about right. Really hard to justify it at that price. It's gonna be what, £50 more expensive than the LE, and all you get is a bag, a hat, a case, and some extra DLC stuff?
    Are Shopto doing the spec ed?

Can't see it on the site.
  • Zomoniac 24 May 2013 14:12:01 7,792 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    SomaticSense wrote:
    ecureuil wrote:
    Rodriguez wrote:
    @ecureuil

ecureuil wrote:
    I'll probably get the special edition. I do want that uber edition but it's so expensive. Any word on the UK pricing? The collector's edition is $149.99 in the states. $79.99 for the special edition.
    Yeah, seems about right. Really hard to justify it at that price. It's gonna be what, £50 more expensive than the LE, and all you get is a bag, a hat, a case, and some extra DLC stuff?

Yep, £119.86, but they've already stopped taking orders.
  • romelpotter 24 May 2013 14:23:15 147 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    So if this is out in September, and New Consoles are out in...Say November/ December without backwards compatibility, then that surly is a conflict of interests to all apart from those with huge wallets.
  • SomaticSense 24 May 2013 14:28:14 7,956 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Zomoniac wrote:
    SomaticSense wrote:
    ecureuil wrote:
    Rodriguez wrote:
    @ecureuil

ecureuil wrote:

Yep, £119.86, but they've already stopped taking orders.
    That's the collectors ed isn't it?

What about the steelbook version?
  • ronuds 24 May 2013 14:29:58 21,788 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Zomoniac wrote:
    The GTA IV LE came with big metal safe box, a duffel bag and a soundtrack CD, ie more extra stuff than this, and was £69.99. The price of LEs has just gone mental. The Halo 3 LE with a giant head and two DVDs was £69.99, it would be at least £129 if it came out today.
    R* also randomly sent stuff to people before IV's launch. I got an aluminum baseball bat in the mail for doing nothing!

I doubt I'll be getting anything this time. :(
  • X201 24 May 2013 14:34:25 15,130 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    SomaticSense wrote:
    ecureuil wrote:
    Rodriguez wrote:
    @ecureuil

ecureuil wrote:

Special Edition is exclusive to Game

Collectors is at a couple of places.
  • kinky_mong 24 May 2013 14:38:18 9,958 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    romelpotter wrote:
    So if this is out in September, and New Consoles are out in...Say November/ December without backwards compatibility, then that surly is a conflict of interests to all apart from those with huge wallets.
    And those who don't feel the need to rush out buy a new console which only has two decent games at a push available for it, as with every new console release for two decades.

I'll never get my Orc looking the same again.

• SomaticSense 24 May 2013 14:39:45 7,956 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Fuck sake. Fuck all this retail exclusivity bullshit.

Are GAME still wasting valuable finances on that strategy?
  • ecureuil 24 May 2013 14:40:35 76,495 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Probably cashing in before the next gen consoles come along and destroy their business.
  • Totza 24 May 2013 14:40:35 3 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    This is coming out at a perfect time, there will be a bunch of people that will want to delay their next gen console purchase, until they see what it's like, and for new games to be released on it.

So with GTA V coming out a few months before that release, that puts them in the perfect window for people to rush out and buy the game, especially with it so close to Christmas.
  • ronuds 24 May 2013 14:42:20 21,788 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    They could release GTA on the moon in the middle of July and it would be the perfect time.
  • Load_2.0 24 May 2013 14:43:31 18,884 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Lunar launch is the new midnight release.
  • Lyserberg 24 May 2013 16:03:00 349 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    GTA SA only made its way to PS3 and 360 via backwards compatibility, that's the huge problem that Rockstar will be dealing with, which is that GTA V is most likely developped with only current-gen consoles in mind, if they have a team working on the PC version in parallel, they could pretty much bring the next-gen versions + the PC one close to the launch of PS4/XOne, while these consoles do have less in common with last gen ones (which explains the lack of backwards compat'), they surely do have many similarities (especially the XBOX One using, "practically" the same DX11.1 API) with the PC.

After all that's only my assumption, we'll see in the future where things are headed for a next-gen release...

La cerise sur le gāteau!

• dooey1904 25 May 2013 20:20:22 1 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    not funny
  • BillMurray 25 May 2013 20:22:32 7,607 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    dooey1904 wrote:
    not funny
    Pardon?
  • dunny 25 May 2013 22:03:12 427 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    DarkSpaceDS wrote:
    PS3 is my last console it seems so GTA V will be my last big AAA game before I become a full retro gamer.

Out of interest, how come? And what are your plans for going retro?
  • OptimusPube 25 May 2013 23:37:38 2,907 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    GTA V listed for PC on Amazon

You better watch out.
    You better beware.
    Albert said E=MC²

• Benno 25 May 2013 23:48:57 9,781 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I hope a version is released for next gen consoles which runs at above 30fps

EG Hearthstone Tournament

• dsmx 26 May 2013 01:16:53 7,555 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'm still thinking that the next gen versions and the PC versions will be out at the same time.

"If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

• Lyserberg 26 May 2013 15:36:02 349 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Benno wrote:
    I hope a version is released for next gen consoles which runs at above 30fps
    I doubt it, 1080p being the news standard they'll most likely aim for a steady 30FPS but totally maxed out graphics.

I'm almost sure that PS3/360 will suffer from heavy tearing (or at least heavy drops in framerate even with V-Sync sustained), if that's ever the case next-gen will be a strong proposition if you're patient enough...

Edited by Lyserberg at 15:38:14 26-05-2013

La cerise sur le gāteau!

• bad09 27 May 2013 09:51:12 5,623 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    If special powers weren't enough to kill the real world feel of GTA the Russian publisher of GTA5 is now telling us there is now background music in the game. Hope you can turn it off.

http://www.game-debate.com/news/?news=5955&game=Grand%20Theft%20Auto%20V&title=More%20Details%20On%20GTA%20V

Less annoying is damage will now leave scars and there is a military base and motocross track.

Edited by bad09 at 09:52:17 27-05-2013
  • mikew1985 27 May 2013 09:55:20 12,589 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Motocross track, awesome, hopefully it works better on the bikes than the skate park did on the BMX in SA :D

I love fucking about with things like that, great fun.
  • ElNino9 30 May 2013 00:17:08 13,286 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Of course Vice City didn't 'revolutionise' the genre like GTA 3 did.

Doesn't mean it's not a better game, though.

Hated, adored, never ignored.

• Stockings 30 May 2013 07:25:05 1,026 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    lol you have to buy the collectors edition to have the pleasure of having custom characters online?
    Hardly seems like a bonus, more a restriction imposed on het the lesser editions.
    Seems a bit of a shameless moneygrab for something you's expect to be the same across the board.
  • mcmothercruncher 30 May 2013 07:38:55 6,444 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Well, it is 11 years old.
    Anyway, murderising someone and then hopping into a car and cruising off into a flaming pink sunset whilst listening to Toto is one of gaming a finest moments ever.
  • bad09 30 May 2013 08:16:02 5,623 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It's not overrated anyway the article is a bit moronic "I've replayed a 10 year old game and I don't feel it's that good anymore" :rolleyes:

It's simply just many peoples favourite GTA. It's easy to forget but while 3 was a groundbreaking and amazing game it was actually VC that transcended the series into popular culture, for many it was their first GTA to.

3 does actually play better than it but VC has so much more character. The plot, characters, time period, best soundtrack and radio of all of them (although I personally missed the classical one), more varied missions. Also at the time all the Hollywood actors involved was amazing and people really liked that.

I would say it was down to the 80s setting but people grew an actual bond with VC far more than with 3 and that's why so many consider it their favourite when strictly speaking it's not the best gameplay wise. Sure SA improved on it in almost every way but that was still a game that came after that lightening bolt of sheer joy that was VC.

Edited by bad09 at 08:16:44 30-05-2013
  • Page

of 318 First / Last