Grand Theft Auto V Page 69

• Page

of 357 First / Last

• Deleted user 4 May 2013 11:37:56
    Giant Bomb have a 20min video up today of them discussing their thoughts from watching a demo at Rockstar. Nothing too ground-breaking revealed but it has a few snippets that some folk might find of interest :)

http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/yappin-about-grand-theft-auto-v/2300-7326/

Edited by Ironlungs76 at 11:38:19 04-05-2013
  • X201 4 May 2013 13:19:16 15,697 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    JiveHound wrote:
    Read the CVG preview. Sounds frikkin' amazing to me.

Now, do I rebuy an xbox, try out a ps3 or hope that it comes out for either the nextbox or ps4?

Hmm.
    Seeing as you've had an Xbox, get a PS3 and play a couple of the system exclusives while you wait.
  • JiveHound 4 May 2013 13:25:17 2,670 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Yup, think that's what it's going to be. Just looking for the best deal on the superslim now.

Live: Jive Hands
    PSN: Jive_Hands

• unicorn69 4 May 2013 16:07:17 83 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    After watching the 3 GTA V trailers I was wondering maybe the 3 characters are representing Walter whites phases in his life ?

Or maybe I am just over-analyzing....sigh....the is one of the few games that actually got me hyped.

Notice: If you notice this notice you will notice that this notice is not worth noticing.

• gooner77 5 May 2013 10:27:57 868 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    unicorn69 wrote:
    After watching the 3 GTA V trailers I was wondering maybe the 3 characters are representing Walter whites phases in his life ?

Or maybe I am just over-analyzing....sigh....the is one of the few games that actually got me hyped.
    so in order that would be Trevor franklin then Michael ?
  • JiveHound 5 May 2013 10:33:56 2,670 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Reaching a little I think but I think Breaking Bad has definitely been a sizeable influence.

Michael's relationship with his son reminds me of Walter and Jesse.

• unicorn69 5 May 2013 17:16:10 83 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    gooner77 wrote:
    unicorn69 wrote:

so in order that would be Trevor franklin then Michael ?
    No more like Franklin ( gangster that want to do something bigger) and then Michael ( achieved his goals but ripped his family apart) and then Trevor.

Notice: If you notice this notice you will notice that this notice is not worth noticing.

• spamdangled 5 May 2013 17:58:20 27,426 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Well someone obviously failed to notice the big sarcastic wink in that post...

Edited by darkmorgado at 17:58:37 05-05-2013

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• Ron_Justice 5 May 2013 19:11:32 2,483 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Pretty interesting impressions here. Specifically, about the character switch mechanic, customisation and scale / variation in the world.

Steam/Origin - Ron_Justice
    PSN - hyper_808

• Madder-Max 5 May 2013 21:27:48 11,680 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    So outside of the main story, as one character, can you come across or meet up with the other characters as it looks like they are doing stuff even when u r not playing as them?

99 problems and being ginger is one

• Deleted user 5 May 2013 22:36:31
    I think I might go media and forum GTA 5 blackout now, if I kept looking at stuff will know way too much about it by the time I play it.
  • SomaticSense 6 May 2013 10:01:57 8,982 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Ron_Justice wrote:
    Pretty interesting impressions here. Specifically, about the character switch mechanic, customisation and scale / variation in the world.
    Right. The blackout starts now. Because that sounds incredible!
  • JiveHound 6 May 2013 10:08:48 2,670 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I'm shit at blackouts, I suck from the teet of the games media like a thirsty badger.

• Ron_Justice 6 May 2013 11:06:38 2,483 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    SomaticSense wrote:
    Ron_Justice wrote:
    Right. The blackout starts now. Because that sounds incredible!
    It does doesn't it! I'm with you though, I don't want to know any more.

The main thing I've taken from their impressions is that it sounds like R* have managed to introduce a mechanic, that while superficially seems quite simple will actually make playing the game SOOOOOOOO much more than it sounds.

Basically, being the director to the movie of your playthough, in real time, with endless replayability. Yes please!

PSN - hyper_808

• JiveHound 6 May 2013 11:20:58 2,670 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I know full well I'm going to spend as much time flitting between characters as shooting people. Such a simple conceit that has the potential to inform every cool thing in the game.

In terms of a cohesive narrative, this could solve that disconnect problem prevalent in previous Rockstar open world games.

• SomaticSense 6 May 2013 13:09:01 8,982 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    After all this time, R* still keep finding ways to innovate within the open-world genre. Still finding ways to increase the immersion and sense of life within their environments that already no other dev had really come close to in other open-world games.

Just when other devs start to catch up, R* blows everyone away again.

Edited by SomaticSense at 13:09:43 06-05-2013
  • mikew1985 6 May 2013 13:19:36 12,984 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Well Red Dead is one of the best games of the generation and that was made by the "B" team of Rockstar. If they've learned from Red Dead, improved the combat and made the world as interesting here, it will be my GOTY for sure.

I promised myself I'd not bother even looking at the trailers or reading any previews for this as I know I want it but I couldn't resist. Nothing else out there compares to a proper open worl Rockstar game imo.

I bloody love them.
  • DigitalDelay 6 May 2013 13:32:59 226 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Hmm, think I too am going to refrain from thirsty badger like behaviour. I started watching that Impressions vid but swiftly turned it off! It's going to be hard to ignore the gossip, but I really want this to be full of suprises. :eek:
  • X201 8 May 2013 06:52:00 15,697 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The media onslaught continues...

Transport pics.
    http://rockstargames.com/newswire/article/49811/new-gtav-screens-motorbike-action-heists-highspeed-chases-and-mo.html

• bad09 8 May 2013 09:23:19 6,206 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Graveland

Rockstar and some press say it is. Kotaku questioned the claims of it being current gen based on the actual gameplay they saw (which did look this gen and not like the trailers/screenies) but the official word is those bullshots are current gen.

Edited by bad09 at 09:23:44 08-05-2013
  • RedSparrows 8 May 2013 10:18:52 23,882 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    JiveHound wrote:
    Yup, think that's what it's going to be. Just looking for the best deal on the superslim now.
    Why you no love us anymore Jive :(:(:(:(
  • JiveHound 8 May 2013 10:30:17 2,670 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    RedSparrows wrote:
    JiveHound wrote:
    Why you no love us anymore Jive :(:(:(:(
    Ah man, I was thinking the other day that I miss you guys. : (

Might have to pick up a cheap xbox for Halols as I underestimated the social element of years of Microsoft servitude!

• Baihu1983 8 May 2013 13:36:37 3,579 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    http://imgur.com/gallery/ZeVTP
  • Ron_Justice 8 May 2013 15:19:34 2,483 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Baihu1983 wrote:
    Wow, that's really impressive - I never really had any issue with how GTA4 looked (I've not gone back recently) but seeing those comparison shots, you can see how ropey some of the stuff was / is.

I know we've had reassurance that the footage / screens we've seen are all current gen, but shit. Those are like night and day. I guess budget and time can make all the difference. If this is what R* are capable of on the PS360, then the next gen version of GTA5 (There has to be one right? especially when you consider the recent PC version rumors) or GTA6 is going to look incredible.

PSN - hyper_808

• Armoured_Bear 8 May 2013 15:33:12 11,698 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Baihu1983 wrote:
    Err, is it the same game with a lick of paint?

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• Page

of 357 First / Last