Recently-abandoned games Page 4

• Page

of 133 First / Last

• thepaddedcell 29 Sep 2008 17:06:07 913 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    dr_swin wrote:
    patapon
    I gave this a whirl on holiday. I was ensnared by the graphical style and I really loved locoroco. This is quite a large game. I really like it but I think I find it too frustrating to continue. You have to keep a rhythm going for up to 10 cycles of four beats to enter 'fever' mode. However due to some bad design sometimes the rhythm timing will alter slightly when the enter fever mode leading to you losing the fever mode. The game seems to be totally reliant on you being able to do this to progress. On too many occasions my fever has broken down through what I believe to be no fault of my own so I am benching it. Shame because I really liked the premise.

6/10

I kinda did the same thing.

I was playing every day on the train for a few weeks, then one day I just stopped and never really went back to it.

• Hunam 29 Sep 2008 17:09:44 20,674 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Megaman - Virtual Console

The yellow devil level, it asks too much with the floating platforms that don't have a set pattern so you have wait 5 mins before they decree to head in your direction. It's a fantastic game, just one feature which is fucked ruins the whole level for me (the first of the 4 Dr. Wiley stages) Fuck it off because the level isn't fun, and what's the point if its not fun eh?

7/10
  • jonsaan 29 Sep 2008 17:18:18 25,248 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I think Mercs 2 is great. For about an hour or 2 of mayhem a week. Fits in perfectly with my current gaming habits. If I played it for hours on end at a time I'd probably be ultra sick of it.

FCUTA!

• pjmaybe 29 Sep 2008 17:19:17 70,676 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    It's not too bad to go back to from time to time, but uber repetitive at its core.
  • jonsaan 29 Sep 2008 17:21:27 25,248 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Agreed. I was the same with Assassins creed though. Really great to dip into from time to time but awful for lengthy play sessions. I actually completed it.

/amazed myself

FCUTA!

• ronuds 29 Sep 2008 17:28:29 21,788 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Just the demo was enough to turn me off of Mercs 2.
  • Hunam 29 Sep 2008 17:30:59 20,674 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The pc demo of mercs is atrocious. It looks worse the an the ps2 when I have all the sliders on max, and it doesn't support widescreen or AA/AF, infact, only 2 of the sliders in the options menu did anything.
  • thepaddedcell 29 Sep 2008 17:47:43 913 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    ronuds wrote:

Agreed.

• mattigan 29 Sep 2008 18:45:29 1,429 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    To anyone bored with Oblivion's repetative combat, I've got 2 words for you:

Difficulty Slider

Move it a bit (or all the way in my case) and you can start to enjoy the story and side quests a LOT more, as grinding goes out the window. Reduces the play time to around 20-30 hours though, although I couldn't see myself commiting 200 hours to anything any more.
  • creepylizard 29 Sep 2008 18:48:10 786 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    lost odyssey for me....if thats how you spell the bloody word, which I seem to have a mental block with..
  • dgb 29 Sep 2008 19:15:17 657 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Mercs 2 - It's boring as hell imo.
    Civ Revolution (360) - also bought it on the DS and it's a much better format for the game.
    Bully - couldn't handle the loading times and GTA4 is about 675 times better.
    Super Mario Galaxy - A brilliant game but I just got to a point where I couldn't be bothered with it any more.
  • Widge Moderator 29 Sep 2008 19:19:14 12,583 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    mattigan wrote:
    To anyone bored with Oblivion's repetative combat, I've got 2 words for you:

Difficulty Slider

Move it a bit (or all the way in my case) and you can start to enjoy the story and side quests a LOT more, as grinding goes out the window. Reduces the play time to around 20-30 hours though, although I couldn't see myself commiting 200 hours to anything any more.

I don't like this though! Its like "oh the game has got hard through poor design... to compensate I will make everything easier to kill". Complete 0% of achievement satisfaction.

_ _ _

www.unpaused.co.uk - electronic noise adjective salad

• Tomo 29 Sep 2008 19:19:31 13,835 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    thepaddedcell wrote:
    ronuds wrote:

Agreed.

Thirded. For one, they threw you straight in without even telling you what you had to do. But the gameplay was just lame anyway.
  • Deleted user 29 September 2008 19:25:43
    Yeah, I've canned Mercs 2. Much like Just Cause, you just seemed to be doing exactly the same thing over and over again.
  • WillyWanka 29 Sep 2008 19:36:20 802 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Mass Effect. I'm usually really into games with deep stories, but for some reason I can't get into this. Had all summer to play this, now uni's starting so there's no fucking way I'm going to get into it for about a year
  • ronuds 29 Sep 2008 19:48:42 21,788 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Tomo wrote:
    thepaddedcell wrote:
    ronuds wrote:

Agreed.

Thirded. For one, they threw you straight in without even telling you what you had to do. But the gameplay was just lame anyway.

So it wasn't just me who had no idea how to make any progress in the demo?

Good thing for that! ;)
  • dgb 29 Sep 2008 19:48:51 657 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    WillyWanka wrote:
    Mass Effect. I'm usually really into games with deep stories, but for some reason I can't get into this. Had all summer to play this, now uni's starting so there's no fucking way I'm going to get into it for about a year

Oh yeah! that too. I love sci-fi but I just couldn't get into this at all.
  • ElNino9 29 Sep 2008 20:05:28 13,134 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Last game I bought (apart from Wipeout HD and PJ Eden) was Battlefield: Bad Company. Played it for about 2 hours and never went back to it. I just couldn't get into it. :/

Hated, adored, never ignored.

• Deleted user 29 September 2008 20:13:41
    Bully also, found it very childish and the story line didnt engage me at all. The loading times on the wii were horrible and the graphics offended my eyes.
  • ronuds 29 Sep 2008 20:18:33 21,788 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    ElNino9 wrote:
    Last game I bought (apart from Wipeout HD and PJ Eden) was Battlefield: Bad Company. Played it for about 2 hours and never went back to it. I just couldn't get into it. :/

Same here. Just my opinion, but once you've played games lik COD4 or Halo 3, BF:BC seems like a real piece of trash in comparison - from graphics to gameplay.
  • Hunam 29 Sep 2008 20:21:15 20,674 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    WillyWanka wrote:

It's not that long, fuck the shitty sidequests off and it can be done in 15 hours easy.
  • Petrarch 29 Sep 2008 20:23:48 3,424 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Spore got kicked to the curb for me last week, but otherwise I'm still going with the rest of the pile.

I'd really love to try out Battlefield: Bad Company online (and play a bit more Vegas 2 as well) but the amount of morons on Live is making me relucant to just go ahead and do it.
  • Chopsen 29 Sep 2008 20:32:21 15,129 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    creepylizard wrote:
    lost odyssey for me....if thats how you spell the bloody word, which I seem to have a mental block with..

Agree on both counts.

I was actually really enjoying it, but I took an extended break because better stuff came along....and....never went back. But actually I do this to every single JRPG I've ever played.
  • Deleted user 29 September 2008 20:54:26
    jonsaan wrote:
    That sounds like fun?!
    if you hate the combat, its a great work round. =)
  • PhoenixFlames 29 Sep 2008 21:01:38 8,781 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I've started to dip back in to games in an attempt to complete them all, bit by bit.

I have Conan, Stranglehold, Motorstorm, GTA4, GT5 Prologue - all of which are far from complete. I think the only way to do it is to play one level/bit, then swap discs and play a level of something else. Stops me getting bored and evevtually I should complete them.

I drive an automatic 'cause I'm too cool to change gears.

PSN - phoenix1flames

• ronuds 29 Sep 2008 21:06:55 21,788 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm surprised to be hearing so much about the demise of Spore. Apart from the DRM, is it really that much of a letdown?
  • Ged42 29 Sep 2008 21:32:34 7,641 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    GTA 4

I just can't get in to it, the car handling is just so awful that driving is too much of a chore to be make me interested in the story.

Neverwinter Nights

The plot and characters are so boring compared to stuff like Planescape Torment and even KOTOR, that I can't be bothered with the level grinding.
  • repairmanjack 29 Sep 2008 23:36:00 5,954 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ace Combat 6 - two missions... and fuck off. Devil May Cry 4, Soul Calibur IV, most Wii games...
  • Doomspoon 30 Sep 2008 00:35:08 2,353 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    ronuds wrote:

The poxy advert with that crap 'song' was enough to put me off. It was so close to inspiring Travis Bickle foot through screen moments every time it aired. I hope all responsible for every aspect of this game die a slow and painful death.
  • Page

of 133 First / Last