*Official* XBLA thread Page 562

• Page

of 634 First / Last

• CharlieStCloud 6 Jan 2013 18:30:30 5,510 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Blerk wrote:
    Holy shit! The end of The Walking Dead is just... holy shit!

SO FUCKING AWESOME! Series 2? I am right there on day one!
    I am sssoooooo going to blame you for raising my hopes up because all I blooming hear about the fifth episode of 'The Walking Dead' is that it's the weakest and ends in a slight disappointment ... hope you are right Mr. Blerk!

Think I am on episode four just after bumping into Molly. I'm dreading the sewers, but I cannot play the rest tonight as the TV is taken over ... boo-hoo.
  • SFD 6 Jan 2013 19:29:19 512 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    The last episode is very, very good. Just finished it myself.

Mark of the ninja or Dust ET next.
  • Blerk Moderator 6 Jan 2013 22:39:34 48,225 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    CharlieStCloud wrote:
    Blerk wrote:
    Holy shit! The end of The Walking Dead is just... holy shit!

SO FUCKING AWESOME! Series 2? I am right there on day one!
    I am sssoooooo going to blame you for raising my hopes up because all I blooming hear about the fifth episode of 'The Walking Dead' is that it's the weakest and ends in a slight disappointment ... hope you are right Mr. Blerk!

Think I am on episode four just after bumping into Molly. I'm dreading the sewers, but I cannot play the rest tonight as the TV is taken over ... boo-hoo.
    There is one quite serious 'what the fuck?!' moment in that final episode that almost derails the whole thing it's so far out of the leftfield.

But I've never had such a profound reaction to the events of a game like I had with the final 20 minutes or so. Superb!
  • RelaxedMikki 6 Jan 2013 22:48:48 941 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    The Walking Dead is setting me back to the start of the game when I load a save.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?
  • SFD 6 Jan 2013 23:19:04 512 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    RelaxedMikki wrote:
    The Walking Dead is setting me back to the start of the game when I load a save.

Chances are you hit a button too early and it started a new game overwriting your save. I had the same problem when episode 3 got released and had to start again. It really could do with a prompt to prevent it from happening.
  • TheSaint 6 Jan 2013 23:29:04 14,826 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It's a great game but it's full of bugs on all formats. I still haven't started episode 5 as I was hoping they would release a fix for the issues with the Steam version.
  • Kay 6 Jan 2013 23:38:34 17,965 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Hmm, I'm on Episode 3 now and it hasn't been as good as 2 so far.

And yes, it does have a few issues that could do with ironing out in Season 2. You should be able to save anywhere, for starters (certainly during the puzzle-solving bits).
  • kdsh7 7 Jan 2013 00:11:14 1,177 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    It's been a while since a story has grabbed me as much as The Walking Dead's did (probably one of the Phoenix Wrights on DS), and none have had me deliberating my decisions as much as I've been doing between episodes. Funny how a game with zombies has gripped me more than a supposed deep drama like Heavy Rain (which I did really enjoy at the time).
  • siro 7 Jan 2013 08:02:09 1,829 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    RelaxedMikki wrote:

I ran into the same issue near the end of Ep3, have been extremely annoyed. I surely wouldn't have restarted from the very beginning. I checked the TellTale forums to find the advise of a user that explained how to fix.

Your save is not actually lost, even if it now shows Ep1. I'm not sure if it works if you already played into Ep1 again, but if you act right away, it should be alright.

Try this to solve the Walking Dead save issue:
    1. Load that Ep1 save game (that actually is your real save), select Ep1
    2. Quit back to main menu (not quitting the game)
    3. Load that Ep1 save game, select Ep3
    4. If it didn't load at the previous spot, again quit back to main menu
    5. You should now be able to continue from where you were in Ep3

Worked for me and others seemed to have succeeded as well.
    This bug seems to occur on widespread basis, and is the reason for me, why I think this shouldn't be considered GOTY by anyone. So frustrating.
  • dancingrob 7 Jan 2013 11:05:12 1,191 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    the problem seems to be linked to a licences issue in some way.

I know I found the game kept thinking there were no saves at all on my machine, so I had to keep reloading until it found them.

The important thing is never to click on 'new game' and make sure you copy your save onto at least one other slot on the mains screen.

Bloody annoying though, especially as the game isn't quite as enjoyable without the 'what's going to happen next / quick must make a decision..Oh God not that one!' aspect.
  • Vortex808 7 Jan 2013 11:12:52 7,575 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    siro wrote:
    RelaxedMikki wrote:

I ran into the same issue near the end of Ep3, have been extremely annoyed. I surely wouldn't have restarted from the very beginning. I checked the TellTale forums to find the advise of a user that explained how to fix.

Your save is not actually lost, even if it now shows Ep1. I'm not sure if it works if you already played into Ep1 again, but if you act right away, it should be alright.

Try this to solve the Walking Dead save issue:
    1. Load that Ep1 save game (that actually is your real save), select Ep1
    2. Quit back to main menu (not quitting the game)
    3. Load that Ep1 save game, select Ep3
    4. If it didn't load at the previous spot, again quit back to main menu
    5. You should now be able to continue from where you were in Ep3

Worked for me and others seemed to have succeeded as well.
    This bug seems to occur on widespread basis, and is the reason for me, why I think this shouldn't be considered GOTY by anyone. So frustrating.

This does work. I got this starting ep5. Found how to get chapter select. Even though it said chapter 1 on my save I could play 5 with my choices remembered.

I quit as soon as I realised it had loaded ep1, but it still overwrote the save.

I was really glad it was recoverable.

Edited by Vortex808 at 11:13:10 07-01-2013
  • RelaxedMikki 7 Jan 2013 11:28:18 941 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @save problems in Walking Dead

Cheers for all the advice. Thankfully, it seems to remember previous actions in the save slot even after it has kicked you back to the beginning, so I didn't lose anything. What I do now is select my save, go back, select my save again, go forwards. Seems to get it at the second attempt.

One consequence of the faffing around was that I realised that you can actually change quite a lot in the game. I started a fresh game from the default position for Ch3 whilst trying to fix my save and it was in quite a different position to where my game was. (It was at the point I found myself thinking 'who the heck is this guy?' that I realised I really needed to recover my own save!)
  • SFD 7 Jan 2013 11:46:49 512 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Man If only I had known this... Lol
  • Blerk Moderator 8 Jan 2013 08:45:02 48,225 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Mark of the Ninja, then. I'm liking this a lot too!

Good haul this Christmas! \o/
  • Deleted user 8 January 2013 09:50:19
    I bought Black Knight Sword last night on basis of liking the demo. Unfortunately it gets a lot harder and frustrating soon after the demo ends so I am experiencing some mild buyers remorse...

But anyhow Ive lost track a bit - are we due new deals today or do we know what they are already????
  • Blerk Moderator 8 Jan 2013 09:51:15 48,225 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    We are due new deals today, yes. And unless I'm very much mistaken they're going to be a surprise. Hopefully a better surprise than last week's.
  • andytheadequate 8 Jan 2013 09:53:08 8,350 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Blerk wrote:
    Mark of the Ninja, then. I'm liking this a lot too!

Good haul this Christmas! \o/
    I agree, MotN is utterly brilliant, especially when you start unlocking abilities
  • Blerk Moderator 8 Jan 2013 10:10:13 48,225 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I just unlocked my first couple last night so now I've got two more options for stabby-stabby-kill. :)
  • Deleted user 8 January 2013 10:12:49
    I picked up MotN as well - havent played it yet but judging from everyones comments looks like I should.

Got loads of XBLA backlog but loads of points as well so in the mood for another good sale.

Might have to buy the new COD maps otherwise when they come out. Forgive me father...
  • L_Franko Moderator 8 Jan 2013 10:59:51 9,697 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Mark of the Ninja is awesome! Third best game I have played on xlba with both Trials games being the top two.
  • Deleted user 8 January 2013 11:04:11
    That reminds me I picked up the Trials DLC at Christmas as well - that was an absolute steal for 200 points.

Forgot what a great game that is - may well pick up the other pack as well.
  • Deleted user 8 January 2013 11:49:40
    Reductions coming through...

Axel & Pixel : 800 > 200
    Winterbottom : 800 > 200
    Leedmees : 800 > 400
    Various Bioshock 2: Half Price.

Any of those any good?
  • andytheadequate 8 Jan 2013 11:51:36 8,350 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Winterbottom is good if you like Braid, well worth 200.
  • kinky_mong 8 Jan 2013 12:08:29 10,853 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    So if it's a Bioshock 2 sale this week that means Lara Croft: GoL will be on sale next week.

All the eurogamers who actually play with each other on xbl rather than just post pseudointellectual pc handwringing bollocks on the forums, love the shit out of biggy.

• imamazed 8 Jan 2013 12:11:20 5,948 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Not heard of winterbottom before, but after looking it up I'll probably bite at 200 points. Sounds a reet bargain.
  • dancingrob 8 Jan 2013 12:29:10 1,191 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I really enjoyed Winterbottom as well, thoroughly recommend it for fans of Braid / Limbo etc.
  • Deleted user 8 January 2013 12:38:09
    Good discounts - hopefully that will be a trend in 2013 as the 360 edges towards the sidelines....
  • SomaticSense 8 Jan 2013 12:50:10 9,132 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    kinky_mong wrote:
    So if it's a Bioshock 2 sale this week that means Lara Croft: GoL will be on sale next week.
    Ah, good. Another opportunity to beg people who haven't done so already to pick up Bioshock 2 and play the Minerva's Den DLC.

Seriously, it's like Bioshock 1 with not-shit combat and one of the best endings of the generation. In fact the plot in general is up there with the best. Brilliantly emotional.

Best DLC released so far by light years, and yet never gets recognised as such. It should be a criminal offence worth 45 years in a Turkish prison.
  • L_Franko Moderator 8 Jan 2013 12:51:41 9,697 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I currently have 190 ms points on my account. I f***ing hate this price system.
  • SomaticSense 8 Jan 2013 13:07:26 9,132 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    L_Franko wrote:
    I currently have 190 ms points on my account. I f***ing hate this price system.
    To be honest I prefer it to Sony's much more brazen 'minimum 5' system. I know it's no different to MS where the minimum option is 500 points, but it feels far more obvious a profiteering exercise when you see it in actual pound sterling and they only do it to tiny cost purchases.

The system allows you to spend precisely 9.99 on that expansion, but that microtransaction listed as 2.19 will actually mean you get billed a fiver. Why?
  • Page

of 634 First / Last