Sonic Unleashed

• Page

of 11 First / Last

Previous
  • ecureuil 22 Mar 2008 15:34:54 76,465 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Info and screens here. Real or fake? Who knows..
  • paul_haine 22 Mar 2008 15:55:22 4,205 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Looks nice, but, come on now, it'll be rubbish.
  • Psychotext 22 Mar 2008 16:05:25 53,759 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Looks like blue dragon. Very pretty... and maybe this time for Sonic there will even be a game behind it.
  • DUFFKING 22 Mar 2008 16:43:45 7,074 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I wish they'd just do a full on 2D sonic game with 3D graphics making the most of the current gen hardware. That would be awesome.
  • convercide 22 Mar 2008 16:48:03 5,902 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Charm wrote:
    Sonic unleashed.

:o

Hot interracial action.

If you can read this, you don't need glasses.

• ecureuil 23 Mar 2008 00:21:07 76,465 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Looks like it's the real deal.

Tons more screens

Wait..

While official details are non-existent at this point, we have reason to believe that Unleashed will retain the gameplay mechanics of classic Sonic titles with a combination of 2D and 3D graphics, aka 2.5D. Think Sonic Rivals, only without the racing sequences.

:o OMG OMG OMG
  • Deleted user 23 March 2008 01:17:11
    Cannot... form... words...
  • ecureuil 23 Mar 2008 03:13:00 76,465 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The bad news is piling through already actually. Current Sonic gimmick is that Sonic has a werewolf form that he will randomly transform in to, to mix up the gameplay. Also supposedly included, is another new character who'll appear and disappear with this game most likely. From TSS

You have to be sceptical about any Sonic title now. It's such a shame, but the series is now associated with being shit. You can tell by the relatively low-key reaction to this thread, just how little people care about the hedgehog now.

I still have a nostalgic attachment to him, I'm looking out for the games but I expect very little. Last one I played was Shadow, and I did a few levels of it and it was a fucking embarrassment, and I never played it again. I didn't even bother with "Sonic 06". They call the new title after the original game, and it turns out to be that abomination? (I don't feel I need to have played the game to call it that).

So with this one, we'll assume it's going to be fairly rubbish.

Legend_of_Me on GameFAQs has humorously deciphered the entire story of the game.

From those screenshots, I can tell you the whole story of the game.

Eggman wants to control this ancient monster
    Link

But he needs the Chaos Emeralds to do so. So he lures Sonic into this trap-
    Link

- uses it to de-super-form him, and takes the Chaos Emeralds
    Link

Now it's up to Sonic to get those Chaos Emeralds back, stop Eggman from ressurecting that monster thing, cause we know that if he does, it's going to screw him over and we're gonna have to fight it in a Super Sonic final battle.

Sounds spot on to me.

There was a gameplay video on Youtube, but it disappeared ultra fast, and I'm now trying to track down another version.
  • ecureuil 23 Mar 2008 03:30:11 76,465 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Right, here is the video. And here is the video, via Rapidshare, just in case the youtube version is deleted.

Not sure anyone cares about it as much as me, but there you go. :) It's clearly at a very early stage of development but it looks quite promising. For a Sonic game, anyway!

It's all very odd. Between this, and the screenshots it looks better than the Wii can handle, and worse than anything the PS3/360 should be doing. Gameplay appears to be the lovechild of Sonic and the Secret Rings and Sonic Rivals. One of the filenames is called ONM_coverart (or something), which hints at Official Nintendo Magazine.

A couple of screenshots interest me, and those are the first few, which appears to show the same area, just under different weather conditions. Is that part of the were-hog thing? Since this lot is apparently all stolen from an FTP, it clearly wasn't meant for our eyes yet. We may not even ever see a game that resembles this, it's very prototype-ish.
  • paul_haine 23 Mar 2008 10:22:29 4,205 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    ecureuil wrote:
    Right, here is the video. And here is the video, via Rapidshare, just in case the youtube version is deleted.

That looks ace. It won't be though. Let's all just accept that now so we won't be disappointed later.

I mean, we haven't even seen the Big the Cat level yet.
  • Deleted user 23 March 2008 10:51:35
    That video looks... awful. :(
  • Deleted user 23 March 2008 11:19:05
    Looks fine! It's an early version. What with all the lighting effects, smoothness and so on I'd say it's going to look rather crisp. Better that than the fucking mess of the previous ones. At least it LOOKS like Sonic.

edit - incidentally I disagree it looks "worse" than anything the PS3/360 can handle. With the effects and AA it looks very good, nicely designed and cleanly cartoon. Best put the power into something else other than shiny boots of leather. There's some lovely screenshots there, beautifully atmospheric.
  • Deleted user 23 March 2008 11:28:26
    Charm wrote:
    Yeah, looks perfectly in line with PS3/360 graphics. I was very impressed.

Most importantly: happy soundtrack! Blue skies!

+1!
  • Deleted user 23 March 2008 11:54:00
    By 'looks awful' I should say that it looks like a bad game, the graphics and whatnot are fine and dandy.
  • Deleted user 23 March 2008 11:57:21
    I have to admit you've not got a lot to go on. Bearing in mind this is pretty early... any return to old-skool Sonic is good by me!
  • Deleted user 23 March 2008 12:00:18
    I hate the way they completely overcomplicated Sonic with horrendous characters and weird intergration with more realistic elements, particularly in the last one. It's like they forgot what Sonic was all about, the beauty of it was in the simplicity... anyone else think this looks like the Sega Rally engine?
  • steoc4 23 Mar 2008 12:31:37 1,638 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Why is everyone so excited about this when it's not doing anything that they didn't already do in the very average Sonic Rivals?
  • Deleted user 23 March 2008 12:42:26
    Who's excited? Just saying it looks good. Nobody's creaming themselves over it other than it looks like it should. Trust me, at the first sign of someone jizzing over Sonic's face in a cartoon bukkake orgy, you'll be the first to know.
  • caligari 23 Mar 2008 12:43:28 16,986 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Charm wrote:

Most importantly: happy soundtrack! Blue skies!

/high fives
  • johnlenham 23 Mar 2008 12:44:46 4,000 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago

/RAWRR HULK SMASH!

How can they get it so so wrong.
    This is basicaly the Wii Version just updated for ps360 which imo was aload of shite.

Cant they just take the bloody graphics and then just flat out rip off Sonic 2 and bam theres your game.
    2d Side scrolling but looks 3Dish. None of this behind or zoomed out spazzing everywhere camera with a few enemys dotted about to piss you off.

Useless wankers >_>

Now you can see why i didnt want to look in here :p
  • Gunstars 23 Mar 2008 13:35:03 441 posts
    Seen 6 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Sega need to bring back physics/momentum and platforming in Sonic. This looks ok though, it's on par with all the other 'racing' style Sonic games I guess.
  • Psychotext 23 Mar 2008 14:37:56 53,759 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Graphically lovely... but I hope the tearing and frame rate issues were because of the encode. If not, it's the worst tearing I think I've ever seen in a game.
  • ecureuil 23 Mar 2008 15:55:46 76,465 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It's all very early footage though. This is a long way off a finished game, and we don't even know what it's really going to be like.
  • Page

of 11 First / Last

Previous