Suma Sahma is one of the many Shrines located throughout Zelda: Breath of the Wild. It's connected to the Secret of the Snowy Peaks Shrine Quest, which involves you getting inventive with a snowball and shadows.
Where to find Suma Sahma
This Shrine is in the south west Wasteland region, specifically on the range of mountains that divide it and the neighboring Lake region more towards the centre of the map.
It's specifically on Daval Peak, and located directly east of the Maze you can see just at the foot of the mountains.
When you head there, you'll notice a glowing Shrine pedestal on a cliff close to a ruined wooden hut. You'll need both of these to help solve the mystery.
Suma Sahma shrine and Secret of the Snowy Peaks solution
If you read the Mountain Peak Log, you'll learn the following clue to help open the way to the Shrine: "When the snowy mountain pedestal glows, cast a cold shadow onto its core".
What this means if you'll need to create a snowball, pick it up and use the shadow it casts as the sun sets on the pedestal.
First, locate a small snowball near the ledge, run up the hill and throw it down. As it gains speed it'll increase in size.
Thanks to a new update, it's now possible to play Zelda Breath of the Wild in VR. Want help with the main game? Our Zelda: Breath of the Wild walkthrough can help complete Divine Beasts Vah Ruta, Vah Rudiana, Vah Medoh and Vah Naboris and more. There's also how to get the Master Sword, Hylian Shield and all Zelda Captured Memories and Great Fairy Fountain locations, while our Shrines locations and Shrine maps hub explains where to find and solve every puzzle room, including dragon locations and Labyrinth solutions. We also have a DLC 1 guide and DLC 2 guide, including all Tingle, Majora's Mask, Phantom, Midna outfit locations.
Second, light the stack of wood inside the hut (using a fire arrow, or striking a piece of dropped Flint from your inventory with a metal weapon) then rest until noon.
Third, stand with the snowball above your head in front of the pedestal, until the sun sets and casts a shadow at just the right position over it. If done correctly, a nearby Shrine entrance will emerge closeby.
Now simply enter, grab the treasure and claim your Spirit Orb.
While you're here, here are other Shrines within this region:
Wasteland region (12 Shrines)
- Dako Tah and Electric Path trial solution
- Daqo Chisay Shrine and The Whole Picture trial solution
- Dila Maag (South Lomei Labyrinth)
- Hawa Koth and The Current Solution trial solution
- Jee Noh Shrine and One the Move trial solution
- Kay Noh and Power of Electricity trial solution
- Kema Zoos, The Silent Swordswomen quest, and A Delayed Puzzle trial solution
- Korsh O'hu and The Sevel Heroines quest solution
- Misae Suma and The Perfect Drink quest solution
- Raqa Zunzo, beating The Undefeated Champ at the Sand-Seal Rally
- Suma Sahma shrine and Secret of the Snowy Peaks quest
- Tho Kayu and how to defeat the Molduga
If you're after other trials, then our Zelda: Breath of the Wild Shrine locations and maps hub page can help with other regions.