The official Xbox website will be relaunched tomorrow with a host of new features, Microsoft has announced.
The console's online hub is being made-over to incorporate the nine new countries recently welcomed into the Xbox Live family. The new additions include:
- Browser based Avatar editor: Edit your avatar and preview avatar items before purchase
- Combined views for messages, friend and game requests
- Improved notification of your account subscription
- Leverage Family Reports to understand what your family is doing and how they are using Live
- Play web games with your Xbox Live friends on the web or on Windows Phone 7
- Marketplace: More powerful search and more intuitive ways to browse and filter
In order to get all this new content off the ground, the site will be offline for a short time from 9.00am GMT.
Don't confuse this with the impending Xbox dashboard update – that goes live next month, bringing with it all manner of new Kinect and Zune functionality.
Will you support Eurogamer?
We want to make Eurogamer better, and that means better for our readers - not for algorithms. You can help! Become a supporter of Eurogamer and you can view the site completely ad-free, as well as gaining exclusive access to articles, podcasts and conversations that will bring you closer to the team, the stories, and the games we all love. Subscriptions start at £3.99 / $4.99 per month.