Legion - World of Warcraft's sixth expansion - came out just a couple of weeks ago, and it brought with it all of the usual bells and whistles you'd expect from a WOW expansion in 2016: loads more dungeons, a new continent to level your characters up in, and a brand-new Demon Hunter class to mess around with. There's quite a lot to catch up on if you're returning from a break, and so we're gradually growing a collection of guides for Legion in partnership with our all-things-Blizzard sister-site Metabomb.
Over the next few weeks, we'll be gradually fleshing out the contents of this Legion guide with more and more content, as and when new articles are added to the site. As you can see from this index page we're planning to cover quite a lot of ground, and we'll be taking in some of the more traditional aspects of the game, alongside all of the new shiny stuff. If you need to get your Professions levelled up, for example, we'll have the help you need in due course.
For now, we've got all of the class guides updated with everything you'll need to know about hitting the new level cap of 110 as quickly as possible, using the recommended spec and talent build. Over time we'll be expanding on these core guides with advice on playing the other specialisations, as well as making use of the best addons and macros in each case.
We reckon there'll be at least one new article added to the site each day for the foreseeable future, so make sure you check back regularly for all the latest updates!
WOW Legion Class guides
Not only is there a new class to play in Legion, all of the old favourites have been significantly overhauled for the new expansion too. These guides should help you get up to speed with everything in pretty short order, and see you powering your way to the new level cap.
- Death Knight - WOW Legion: Death Knight
- Demon Hunter - WOW Legion: Demon Hunter guide
- Druid - WOW Legion: Druid guide
- Hunter - WOW Legion: Hunter guide
- Mage- WOW Legion: Mage guide
- Monk - WOW Legion: Monk guide
- Paladin - WOW Legion: Paladin guide
- Priest - WOW Legion: Priest guide
- Rogue - WOW Legion: Rogue guide
- Shaman - WOW Legion: Shaman guide
- Warlock - WOW Legion: Warlock guide
- Warrior - WOW Legion: Warrior guide
Dungeon and raid guides
There's a pretty generous selection of dungeons for launch this time around, and we're only a matter of weeks away from getting stuck into Legion's first crop of raid content too. We'll be fleshing out this section of our guide as quickly as we can.
- Black Rook Hold - WOW Legion: Black Rook Hold guide
- Court of Stars - WOW Legion: Court of Stars guide coming soon!
- Darkheart Thicket - WOW Legion: Darkheart Thicket guide
- Eye of Azshara - WOW Legion: Eye of Azshara guide
- Halls of Valor - WOW Legion: Halls of Valor guide
- Maw of Souls - WOW Legion: Maw of Souls guide
- Neltharion's Lair - WOW Legion: Neltharion's Lair guide
- Return to Karazhan - WOW Legion: Return to Karazhan guide
- The Arcway - WOW Legion: The Arcway guide coming soon!
- Vault of the Wardens - WOW Legion: Vault of the Wardens guide
- Violet Hold - WOW Legion: Violet Hold guide
- The Emerald Nightmare - WOW Legion: The Emerald Nightmare guide coming soon!
- Nighthold - WOW Legion: Nighthold guide coming soon!
- Suramar Palace - WOW Legion: Suramar Palace guide coming soon!
There are no entirely new Professions to play around with in Legion, but each of the existing ones has of course been given a new maximum level and a few new tweaks to how they function.
- Alchemy- WOW Legion: Alchemy guide coming soon!
- Blacksmithing - WOW Legion: Blacksmithing guide coming soon!
- Enchanting - WOW Legion: Enchanting guide coming soon!
- Engineering - WOW Legion: Engineering guide coming soon!
- Inscription - WOW Legion: Inscription guide coming soon!
- Jewelcrafting - WOW Legion: Jewelcrafting guide coming soon!
- Leatherworking - WOW Legion: Leatherworking guide coming soon!
- Tailoring - WOW Legion: Tailoring guide coming soon!
- Herbalism - WOW Legion: Herbalism guide coming soon!
- Mining - WOW Legion: Mining guide coming soon!
- Skinning - WOW Legion: Skinning guide coming soon!
- Archaeology - WOW Legion: Archaeology guide coming soon!
- First Aid - WOW Legion: First Aid guide coming soon!
- Cooking - WOW Legion: Cooking guide coming soon!
- Fishing - WOW Legion: Fishing guide coming soon!
New feature guides
Struggling to wrap your head around what's completely new about Legion? Here's where you'll find guides to some of the flagship features of the new expansion.
- Class Orders - WOW Legion: Class Orders guide coming soon!
- Order Halls - WOW Legion: Order Halls guide coming soon!
- Champions - WOW Legion: Champions guide coming soon!
- World Bosses - WOW Legion: World Bosses guide coming soon!
- Transmogrification - WOW Legion: Transmogrification guide coming soon!
- Artifact Weapons - WOW Legion: Artifact Weapons guide coming soon!
- Levelling guide - WOW Legion: Levelling guide guide coming soon!
- PVP guide - WOW Legion: PVP guide guide coming soon!
New feature overview
As you progress through Legion, you'll gain access to a powerful Artifact weapon for each of your specs. As you play the game, you'll accrue Artifact Points which can then be spent on your weapons to either unlock new abilities or enhance existing ones for your chosen spec. Think of them like a separate talent tree for your chosen spec.
The Demon Hunter is new with Legion and is the second Hero class to join the game following Wrath of the Lich King's Death Knights. Demon Hunters are capable of fulfilling the role of either tank or DPS, and only have access to two specialisations as a result: Vengeance for tanking and Havoc for damage. Roll a Demon Hunter and you'll start off at Level 98 in the game.
There's a new maximum level cap of 110 in Legion, but the way you'll hit it is a little different this time around. Rather than working your way through a series of level-bracketed regions, in Legion you have freer choice over the order in which you tackle each area of the Broken Isles continent.
Order Halls are another new feature with Legion, and represent a class-specific space in the world for you to congregate with all other characters of a given type. From you'll be able to manage your Champions as they go about their business in a manner not unlike the Followers from the last expansion's Garrison system.
Will you support Eurogamer?