Nintendo will launch its WiiWare service across the US today.
It goes live with six titles, including LostWinds from Frontier Developments, and is set to receive one fresh game a week.
WiiWare behaves just like Xbox Live Arcade and PlayStation Network, and offers independent developers a source of distribution for their smaller-scale and usually arcade-style games.
The titles are bought in the Wii Shop Channel, and range from 500 Wii Points up to 1500 Wii Points.
After an hour of playing any of the games you will get your chance to score the game. These scores will be totalled up and the results published on an ongoing basis.
WiiWare is called Wii Software in Europe and will launch here on 20th May.
Those available today are:
- Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King (Square Enix) - 1500 Wii Points (GBP 10.50 / EUR 15)
- LostWinds (Frontier Developments) - 1000 Wii Points (GBP 7 / EUR 10 approx)
- Defend your Castle (XGen Studios) - 500 Wii Points (GBP 3.50 / EUR 5 approx)
- Pop (Nnooo) - 700 Wii Points (GBP 5 / EUR 7 approx)
- V.I.P. Casino: Blackjack (High Voltage Software) - 700 Wii Points (GBP 5 / EUR 7 approx)
- TV Show King (Gameloft) - 1000 Wii Points (GBP 7 / EUR 10 approx)
Look out for hands-on coverage and reviews very soon.
Become a Eurogamer subscriber and get your first month for £1
Get your first month for £1 (normally £3.99) when you buy a Standard Eurogamer subscription. Enjoy ad-free browsing, merch discounts, our monthly letter from the editor, and show your support with a supporter-exclusive comment flair!