Both PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions of L.A. Noire have been reported to crash and freeze.
Here's what Rockstar suggests doing should this happen to you.
- Delete L.A. Noire Game Data (not save data) from the PS3 Game Data Utility. On Xbox 360, clear the cache (My Xbox, System Settings, Device Options, Clear System Cache).
- Create a temporary PS3 profile to ensure new save files are created. On Xbox 360, create a Silver Xbox Live Gamertag.
- Launch L.A. Noire and try again. Try playing while signed out of PSN.
- Check L.A. Noire disc for scratches, dust, dirt or other damage. Clean if necessary.
- Check other game-discs on your PS3 or Xbox 360 to test whether it's L.A. Noire or the console playing up.
- Try your L.A. Noire disc in a different console
If you're still not convinced, Rockstar suggests you "try a different L.A. Noire disc in your console to determine with certainty whether the issue could be with the disc or console" and not the game.
Then, if all else fails, submit a support request to Rockstar with as much information about your game and console as you can: where you bought it, how much it cost, did Billy put you up to it, etc.
Those of you with L.A. Noire on PS3 can send your saved game to Rockstar by saving the file on to a USB stick and transferring it to a PC.