There is a shiny Turtwig in Pokémon Go, but that's not the only reason you should partake in this week's Spotlight Hour.
On this page we cover why you should spend some time catching Gen 4's Turtwig during the hour-long window - including the chance to find a 100% perfect IV Turtwig - and a preview of shiny Turtwig that's up for grabs in Pokémon Go.
If you're interested in the other events currently occurring in Pokémon Go, the BD and SP event debuted today - and catching Turtwig can help you progress towards its goals. Elsewhere recently, we've seen the conclusion of the Misunderstood Mischief research, which has you track down leaders Arlo, Cliff and Sierra, as well as Giovanni.
On this page:
Turtwig's 100% perfect IV in Pokémon Go explained
A good reason to partake in this week's Spotlight Hour is the chance to catch a perfect Turtwig in Pokémon Go.
The CP values - which correspond to perfect 15/15/15 stats are as follows:
- Level 30 (wild CP maximum) - 1017
- Level 35 (weather boosted CP maximum) - 1102
Remember - wild CP value aligns with your trainer level until you reach Level 30. If you're currently below 30, then the maximum CP value will be different. Since the majority of the player base is now above Level 30, we kept to the values above to keep things simple.
Is there a shiny Turtwig in Pokémon Go?
There is a shiny version of Turtwig in Pokémon Go.
If you participated in this event, chances are you already have a handful of shiny Turtwig available.>
Remember, unlike Community Day, the shiny odds during Spotlight Hour increased - making it difficult you'll find a shiny during the hour window. It's through the increased spawn numbers, not odds, which will make it more likely you'll find a shiny during a given Spotlight Hour - so attempt to see as many Pokémon as possible to increase your chances!
What does shiny Turtwig look like?
Shiny Turtwig offers a typical 'shiny' colour palette compared to the original - going from light green and beige to a light blue and yellow appearance:
The Season of Adventures Abound is here! Currently the Out to Play event is running. You can also work on the Timed Investigation: Master Ball quest and compete in the Go Battle League. Be sure to compete in Shadow Raids, complete Routes, use Daily Adventure Incense for the chance of encountering Galarian Articuno, Galarian Zapdos and Galarian Moltres. This incense may also give you encounters with other rare Pokémon in Pokémon Go.
Other reasons to catch as many Turtwig as possible
Even if you already have a shiny Turtwig , there are still some good reasons to catch as many Pokémon as possible during this Spotlight Hour, including:
- If you haven't had the chance to add Turtwig or it's evolutions Grotle and Torterra to your Pokédex yet, then this Spotlight Hour is the perfect time to do so.
- Every Pokémon you catch during Spotlight Hour will give you double Stardust. If you want to maximise the Stardust gained during this hour, then using a Star Piece - which boosts your gains by 50% further - is a great idea.
- The ongoing BD and SP event also has a half hatch distance on Eggs active - useful if you are walking and catching throughout the Spotlight Hour.
- Turtwig is a grass type Pokémon, so you can use this hour to make some good progress on the grass catch bonus medal.
Spotlight Hour only lasts for an hour - 6pm to 7pm (local time) - but don't worry if you can't partake this week. Next week sees Chimchar take the spotlight with a double catch XP bonus!