Shadow of the Colossus Shrine locations - Where to find all 26 shrines for the Seeking Salvation Trophy
Where to find all 26 healing shrines in Shadow of the Colossus.
Shadow of the Colossus Shrines are one of the few objects you can interact with as you're exploring the forbidden lands between hunting Colossi.
Though you are free to ignore them, finding and praying at each one all rewards you with a Trophy.
If you're after more help, our Shadow of the Colossus walkthrough, guide and tips provides strategies for every Colossus.
How do Shadow of the Colossus Shrines work?
Shrines are free-standing structures dotted throughout the map. Some you'll find very deliberately on the way to a Colossus, while others are off the beaten path, rewarding you for exploring the world.
Their purpose is that they act as a 'save point' of sorts once you pray at the shining tablet housed in the front.
Though you can manual save at any time, you'll next start your session at your last visited Shrine. Praying at a Shrine will regenerate your health.
Before you ask, you cannot fast travel from one shrine to the next - so if you see one, pray there to tick it off the list.
Each Shrine will also have a least one Lizard nearby. Listen carefully and you should hear one running around. If you spot one climbing on the structure, remember you can climb up the 'back' of the Shrine to get that all important tail.
Furthermore, using all 26 across the world (including the central temple) will unlock the 'Seeking Salvation' Trophy. Note that you must pray at each one for this to activate, so don't forget to kneel down (hold R2) and see your health bar appear on screen before moving on.
Shadow of the Colossus Shrines locations
You'll find a handful of Shrines simply by travelling from one Colossus to the next, though there are a number you might miss, simply by not taking particular routes, while one or two are intentionally hidden away.
Though the world is open for you to explore from the get-go, the south-most one is only available once you are about to face the 16th and final Colossus. It might be easier to wait this end gate is open, then do a final lap of the world, to ensure you get the Trophy.
If you have prayed at this 'final' Shrine and haven't got the Trophy, remember to have prayed at the one directly in front of the temple - it's easy to miss.
The following list is done in a 'clockwise' order, from the temple going east, then north east, north and so on, in a path we found easiest to roam in an approximate order.
1. Segment F4 - The easiest shrine is in front of the Temple in the middle of the map.
2. Segment G4 - Head east from the starting temple, and it's on the way to the fifth Colossus.
3. Segment G3 - Head north-east from the starting temple and cross the bridge. Hug the right cliff edge until you see it.
4. Segment G2 - Head to where you'll find the twelfth Colossus, and it's on the winding path before you have to climb up towards the boss. If you're struggling, head into the forest in G2, then back out south at the next exit, and follow the path going east.
5. Segment G1 - In the far north-east corner of the map is a set of ruins at the edge of the desert. The shrine is just before that.
6. Segment F2 - If you follow the base of the long bridge that runs from the starting temple to the north, the temple is on the left side.
7. Segment E1 - At the very north of the map, just to the east of where you'll face the seventh Colossus at the lake.
8. Segment E3 - This is in the north-west corner of segment E3 on the map, in front of a valley left of where you face Colossus 3.
9. Segment E3 - This is in the south-west corner of segment E3 on the map. It stands on an elevated part in the middle of a wide field, so should be easy to spot.
10. Segment E4 - This is more-or-less west of the starting temple - on the other side of the crevasse, obviously.
11. Segment C3/C4 - This is on the C3 / C4 border on the map, in the south of a particularly rocky area of the green expanse.
12. Segment D2 - This is in the middle of a series of high cliffs in the north-west part of the map. Though it looks like it's hard to reach, there are numerous routes leading there. If stuck, head to where the seventh Colossus is, then take two lefts and a right.
13. Segment C1 - This is in the far north-west corner of the map. The easiest way to get there is to head to where the seventh Colossus is, then go south-west, and continue going west. The area will then open up, and it'll be to your left.
14, 15. Segment B4 x2 - In the far west side of the map is a cave where you face the tenth Colossus. There are tunnels leading into it from the north-east and south-west, with a Shrine at either end.
16. Segment B5 - This is right on the edge of the cliff, overlooking the ocean and a beach. If you are coming from the north, it be surprisingly well hidden - look out to the right as you emerge and will soon come into view.
17. Segment C5 - This is on a cliff edge at the far end of the south-west field, not far from the thin and winding rock path over the crevasse in the far west.
18. Segment E5 - You'll find this at the entrance to the forest just south west of the central temple. If you look to your left as soon as you enter the forest from that direction, you'll see the ruins through the trees.
19. Segment D5 - Head to the expanse in the south-west, just before it turns to desert in the south. If you look on the map, this segment has a squiggly line in the middle (representing rugged rocks) - it's at the right edge of that.
For more tips, guides and detailed, step-by-step advice, be sure to try out our main Shadow of the Colossus walkthrough and guide can help you hunt down and kill every colossus, including the tricky Colossus 3, Colossus 8, Colossus 9 and Colossus 11. We also have explainers on all Agro tricks, how to find and use lizards and fruit and Enlightenments, and where to find a The Last Guardian Easter egg and all Shrine locations.
20. Segment D7 - Go to the south-west corner of the map, south of where you face the sixth Colossus and it's right on a cliff edge, but you'll need to work up a winding path to get there and first see it.
21. Segment F7 - You'll find this on top of a rocky outcrop in the middle of the southern-most expanse - shouldn't be hard to find.
22. Segment F8 - This is behind a locked gate at the south-most point of the map, which opens up when you need to take on the 16th and final Colossus.
23. Segment G8 - Follow the tall rock face at the very south of the map east, and you'll see the shrine in the distance near the cliff edge. There isn't a lot else around, so should be easy to spot.
24. Segment H6 - This is the very eastern end of the southern cliff. Follow it round until you find it - there's much else around so it should stick out.
26. Segment F6 - Slotted in-between a bunch of tall cliffs, it's easy to overlook this as you might not pass it. If you go from the starting temple, however, head south, taking the valley to the left of the starting Colossus, then hug the right wall.
That's it! Again, if you miss any, then be certain you have prayed at each one, and that you visit the central temple and pray at the shrine stone out the front.