Gamer Network Ltd (the owner and operator of Eurogamer) is a subsidiary of Reed Exhibitions Ltd.
How Gamer Network Ltd collects and uses your data
Gamer Network Ltd may ask you for certain information and you may submit personal data to Gamer Network Ltd (such as your name, email address and contact details) when you subscribe or sign up to Eurogamer.net.
Gamer Network Ltd may also record which parts of Eurogamer.net and services you are interested in as well as user traffic patterns and site use. This information will be kept securely in accordance with an internal security policy and may be used to:
- process your User Content and your subscription to Eurogamer.net and to enable your use of Eurogamer.net and associated services;
- open and run your account and provide you with an up to date, efficient and reliable service;
- administer prize draws;
- generally run Eurogamer.net;
- send you newsletters and alerts when you sign up for or subscribe to them.
By subscribing and submitting your data you consent to this use. Please see Your Rights to learn how you may change this consent.
Gamer Network Ltd will never collect sensitive information about you without your explicit consent.
If you believe Gamer Network Ltd has information about you that you do not want Gamer Network Ltd to have or that is incorrect, please contact Gamer Network Ltd as described below and Gamer Network Ltd shall correct or remove the data as you request as soon as is reasonably practicable.
Gamer Network Ltd gives you a choice whether or not you want Gamer Network Ltd or other reputable companies to contact you about future offers, events and new services or related activities that you may find useful. Gamer Network Ltd won't sell or trade personal information to other companies but Gamer Network Ltd would like to keep you informed of the developments on Eurogamer.net and certain Content and Gamer Network Ltd would like to share data with other reputable companies who may have interesting offers and information for you (inside or outside the EU).
Gamer Network Ltd will not send you any marketing emails or pass your information on to third parties unless you give your consent or you have given it already.
Gamer Network Ltd uses 'cookies' on Eurogamer.net. Cookies are a way that information such as whether you have visited Eurogamer.net before is recorded on your computer and used by Gamer Network Ltd to improve Eurogamer.net and the services available to you.
If you don't disable "cookies" Eurogamer.net will ask for and store details including name and email address and may automatically insert certain information on the Content submission forms so that you can use Eurogamer.net with less form filling.
Information We Collect
We collect information about you in three ways:
- from your input through our web forms, badge scanners, app forms and other mechanisms,
- from third-party sources, and
- through automated technologies.
Data You Provide To Us
The types of personal information that we collect directly from you depends on how you interact with us and the Service and may include:
- Contact details, such as your name, email address, postal address, social media handle and phone number;
- Account login credentials, such as usernames and passwords, password hints and similar security information;
- Other account or event registration and profile information, such as educational, employment and professional background, dietary and accessibility requirements, and photo;
- Payment information, such as credit or debit card number;
- Comments, feedback and other information you provide to us, including information that you send to customer support and messages, appointment inquiries and other information that you wish us to share with our exhibitors, visitors, partners and others; and/or
- Interests and communication preferences, including My Show/My Event matchmaking and event planning and networking choices and preferred language.
Data From Other Sources
We also may obtain personal information about you from our group companies and from other third parties, including:
- Service providers that help us determine a location based on your IP address in order to customize certain products to your location;
- Partners with which we offer co-branded services or engage in joint marketing activities; and/or
- Publicly-available sources and data suppliers from which we obtain data to validate or supplement the information we hold.
Data From Service Use
Our Service may automatically collect information about how you and your device interact with the Service, including:
- Computer, device and connection information, such as IP address, browser type and version, operating system, platform and other software installed on your device, unique device identifier and other technical identifiers, error reports and performance data;
- Usage data, such as the features you used, the settings you selected, your URL click stream data, including date and time stamp and referring and exit pages, and pages you visited on the Service; and/or
- For location-aware Services, your location, such as where you are located on the event floor.
How We Use Your Information
Depending on how you interact with us and the Service, we use your personal information to:
- Provide, activate and manage your access to and use of the Service;
- Process and fulfill a request, order, download or other transaction;
- Provide technical, product and other support and to help keep the Service working, safe and secure;
- Enhance and improve the Service and our other products and services and to develop new products, services and benefits;
- Offer you customized content and other personalization to make the Service more relevant to your interests and geography;
- Respond to your requests, inquiries, comments and concerns;
- Notify you about changes, updates and other announcements related to the Service and our other products and services;
- Deliver targeted advertisements, promotional messages, notices and other information related to the Service and your interests;
- Provide you with promotional messages and other information about products, events and services of ours, our affiliates and third parties, such as exhibitors, sponsors and media partners;
- Invite you to participate in user testing and surveys as well as sweepstakes, competitions and similar promotions;
- Identify usage trends and develop data analysis, including for purposes of research, audit, reporting and other business operations, including determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and evaluating our business performance; and/or
- Comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Sharing of Your Information
Our Service Providers
Depending on the Service provided, we share personal information with:
- Our affiliates, trading names and divisions within the Reed Exhibitions group of companies worldwide (for a list, click here) and certain RELX Group companies that provide technology, customer service and other shared services functions; and/or
- Our service providers, suppliers, agents and representatives, including but not limited to, payment processors, venue providers, onsite event contractors, customer support, email service providers, IT service providers, mailing houses and shipping agents,
We share your personal information with our affiliates and with exhibitors, sponsors, media partners, joint venture partners and other third parties, including entities for which we are acting as an agent, licensee or event manager, that wish to send you information about their products and services that may be of interest to you, as determined by your choices in managing your communications preferences and other settings.
The Service may let you post and share personal information, comments, materials and other content. Any such contributions you disclose publicly may be collected and used by others, may be indexed by search engines, and might not be able to be removed. Please be careful when disclosing personal information in these public areas.
We will disclose your personal information if we have a good faith belief that such disclosure is necessary to:
- meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or other legal obligation;
- detect, investigate and help prevent security, fraud or technical issues; and/or
- protect the rights, property or safety of Reed Exhibitions, our users, employees or others; and as part of a corporate transaction, such as a transfer of assets or an acquisition by or merger with another company.
Your Communications Preferences
You can customize and manage your communications preferences and other settings when you register with the Service, by updating your account features and preferences, by using the 'opt-out' or unsubscribe mechanism or other means provided within the communications that you receive, or by contacting us. We reserve the right to notify you of changes or updates to the Service whenever necessary.
Accessing and Updating Your Information
The Service may allow registered users to directly access and review their account information and make corrections or updates at any time. Keeping such information up to date is solely the responsibility of the user. Registered users may also close their account directly through the Service or by contacting the Service's customer support.
You may have the right under European and certain other privacy and data protection laws, as applicable, to request free of charge:
- access to and correction or deletion of your personal information;
- restriction of our processing of your personal information, or to object to our processing; and
- portability of your personal information.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us through the contact address provided below. We will respond to your request consistent with applicable laws. To protect your privacy and security, we may require you to verify your identity.
We retain your personal information for as long as necessary to provide the Service and fulfill the transactions you have requested, or for other essential purposes such as complying with our legal obligations, maintaining business and financial records, resolving disputes, maintaining security, detecting and preventing fraud and abuse, and enforcing our agreements.
We do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13 or target the Service to children under 13.
We take precautions to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft and misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction through the use of appropriate technical and organizational measures.
Locations of Processing
Your personal information may be stored and processed in your region or another country where Reed Exhibitions affiliates and their service providers maintain servers and facilities, including Australia, Austria, France, Germany, India, Italy, Japan, Korea, the Philippines, Singapore, the United Kingdom and the United States. We take steps, including through contracts, intended to ensure that the information continues to be protected wherever it is located in a manner consistent with the standards of protection required under applicable law.
Where personal information is transferred from the European Economic Area ("EEA") or Switzerland to a country that has not received an adequacy decision by the European Commission, we rely on appropriate safeguards, such as the European Commission-approved Standard Contractual Clauses and EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Frameworks, to transfer the data.
Grounds for Processing
When we collect from you any personal information within the scope of European data protection laws, we do so:
- where necessary to provide the Service, fulfill a transaction or otherwise perform a contract with you or at your request prior to entering into a contract;
- where necessary for our compliance with applicable law or other legal obligation;
- where applicable, with your consent; and/or
- as necessary to operate our business, protect the security of our systems, customers and users, detect or prevent fraud, enable our customers to comply with legal obligations, or fulfill our other legitimate interests as described in the "Information We Collect","How We Use Your Information" and "Sharing of Your Information" clauses above, except where our interests are overridden by your privacy rights.
Where we rely on your consent to process personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, and where we rely on legitimate interests, you may have the right to object to our processing.
The data protection representative for our businesses that are processing personal data within the scope of European data protection laws and located outside of the EEA and Switzerland is Reed Exhibitions Limited. You can contact the data protection officer of Reed Exhibitions Limited through the contact details provided above.
Last updated: May 2018