The Isle of Armor expansion DLC is the first of two coming the Pokémon Sword and Shield, and brings with it a cluster of new areas to explore and tasks to complete.
You'll find our Isle of Armor walkthrough below, which details the handful of steps required to finish the short but enjoyable story, including its handful of quests that pop up along the way.
Pokémon Sword and Shield Isle of Armor walkthrough
There are a handful of quests you'll need to complete in order to beat Isle of Armor's relaxing little story. Here's our walkthrough, running you through each step of the storyline until you finish it, with links out to our dedicated guides along the way.
Pokémon Sword and Shield: Isle of Armor walkthrough
- Arrive on the Isle of Armor itself - here's how to start the Isle of Armor DLC if you're unsure.
- Start the story - on arrival, you'll get your Isle of Armor Pokédex and be faced with a quick battle. In the Sword version, that's against your rival Klara. In Shield, your rival's Avery. After you beat them, head to the Dojo up ahead to start the story itself. Here's their Pokémon for this fight:
- Klara - Venipede Lv. 58; Galarian Slowpoke Lv. 60. (If you haven't beaten the Champion Cup yet, they'll be Lv. 10 and 12.)
- Avery - Abra Lv. 58; Galarian Slowpoke Lv.60. (Levels 10 and 12 if before beating the Champion Cup.)
- At the Dojo, you'll meet Honey and Mustard, the owners. Battle Mustard, and then you'll be given your first of three challenges.
- Mustard - Mienfoo Lv. 13/61; Shinx Lv. 13/61
- Your first challenge: how to find the three Slowpoke and Dojo outfit
- Your second challenge: Max Mushroom locations
- Your third challenge: defeat your rival Klara/Avery in battle!
- Next, you'll need to get friendly with Kubfu: how to become best friends with Kubfu
- After that, you'll need to defeat either the Tower of Water or Tower of Darkness, which is how to evolve Kubfu into Urshifu.
- Then, you need to get the Sticky Honey by finding Lilligant, Applin and Vespiquen.
- Finally, Urshifu can Gigantamax, and you can battle Mustard again, for some more rewards and to unlock restricted battling!
With it finally in the wild, here's how to start the Crown Tundra DLC and our full Pokémon Crown Tundra walkthrough. Plus, here's how to catch Calyrex, Glastrier and Spectrier, the Regieleki and Regidrago puzzle solution and Regirock, Regice, Registeel locations, details on how to catch Legendary Birds Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres in the Crown Tundra, the Ultra Beasts and Necrozma adventure, Dynamax Adventures, including the legendries you can catch on these adventures, and the new Crown Tundra Pokédex and returning Pokémon explained. For Isle of Armor players, here's how to find the Slowpoke, where to find Max Mushroom locations, and how to get Kubfu, become best friends and evolve it, plus all Diglett locations too! For the base game, here's info on the ability to transfer Pokémon to Pokémon Home, the Wild Area, lists of all TM locations and TRs, all Galarian forms and finally our main Pokémon Sword and Shield walkthrough for the whole game.
Other Isle of Armor guides to help with the first expansion
There are several other tasks you can complete here on the Isle of Armor!
We've put together some more guides on a few of them, with more to come over the next few days. For now, here's what we have.
Other Pokémon Isle of Armor guides
- How to start the Pokémon Isle of Armor DLC
- Pokémon Isle of Armor Diglett locations: how to find all Alolan Diglett
- Pokémon Isle of Armor Pokédex and returning Pokémon list
Be sure to check back - there's more coming soon!