Registeel, one of the three legendary titans of Hoenn, has returned to Pokémon Go.
Even if you’re an experienced trainer, however, you still need to know Registeel counters and weaknesses to get the edge.
And if you were wondering, Registeel can be shiny in Pokémon Go – in case you needed another incentive to get a few battles in before it cycles out of rotation.
On this page:
Registeel counters and weaknesses in Pokémon Go
Here's a list of Registeel counters to help you add it to your Pokédex:
- Registeel type: Steel
- Registeel is weak against: Fire, fighting and ground-type Pokémon
- Registeel counters: Machamp (Shadow), Reshiram, Entei (Shadow) and, Groudon (Primal) are your go-to Fire picks here, whileTerrakion. and Marchamp (Shadow) can handle things on the Fighting side. Bring some Mega Pokémon of a Fire type here for an added bonus, Mega Blaziken is a great choice.
- Registeel resitances: Poison-type Pokémon
- Other Registeel notes: Focus on using fire-type moves at the beginning of the battle, before switching to a dual fire and fighting-type or pure fighting-type Pokémon, so that you can quickly finish the battle.
Registeel CP in Pokémon Go
Here you can find the CP levels for battling and attempting to catch Registeel in Pokémon Go:
- Raid Boss CP - 33,516
- Normal CP range for catching Registeel - 1,326 - 1,398
- Weather Boosted CP (Snow) for catching Registeel - 1,748
- Max Registeel CP - 2766
The Season of Timeless Travels has arrived in Pokémon Go! During it, take the time to try out Routes and Party Play while you're hunting down rare Pokémon, fighting in the Go Battle League or competing in PokéStop Showcases.
Registeel Moveset in Pokémon Go
Our Registeel best moveset recommendation is Lock-On (Normal) with Hyper Beam (Normal, Charged) and Focus Charge (Fighting, Charged). if you can afford a second Charged slot.
- Lock-On (Normal)
- Metal Claw (Steel)
- Rock Smash (Fighting)
- Flash Cannon (Steel)
- Focus Blast (Fighting)
- Hyper Beam (Normal)
- Zap Cannon (Elite TM)
Everything we know about Registeel
Registeel is one of the legendary titans from the Hoenn region, alongside Regice and Regirock. These three Pokémon were created by Regigigas, another legendary Pokémon, after pulled the continents of the world into place.
Regigigas formed Registeel from magma, leading people to call it the iron Pokémon.
For a while Registeel was worshipped alongside Regigigas and the other titans, until one day a group of humans sealed Regigigas beneath the Snowpoint Temple. Registeel, and the other titans, was then sent to the Hoenn region, where they were sealed in their chambers.
In Pokémon Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald, including the remakes, you must find the Sealed Chamber if you wish to catch Registeel. Here you will decode a series of messages written in braille that retell the story of Regigigas and its titans.
After solving the puzzle in the Sealed Chamber, you will be able to enter the other chambers hidden around Hoenn that contain Registeel and its companions.