Kartana, one of the 11 Ultra Beasts, can now be battled in Pokémon Go.
The first Ultra Beast to make an appearance in Pokémon Go was Nihilego as part of the first Go Fest event in 2022; Kartana, meanwhile, was originally released during Season of Light alongside Celesteela in September 2022 as a regional exclusive.
Ready to battle? Here's Kartana’s weaknesses and counters in Pokémon Go - and when caught, the best Kartana moveset.
On this page:
Kartana weaknesses and counters in Pokémon Go
Below you’ll find Kartana’s weaknesses and counters which will help you defeat it in Pokémon Go:
- Kartana type - Grass / Steel
- Kartana is weak against - Fire (x2) and Fighting-types
- Best Kartana counters - Entei, Shadow Ho-Oh, Moltres and Reshiram for fire-types, and Machamp, Lucario and Conkeldurr for fighting-types.
- Other Celesteela notes - Fire types do double damage due to the duel grass and steel typing, so opt for those if you can - especially if you have a Shadow Ho-Oh in store.
Kartana CP levels in Pokémon Go
Here are the CP levels for fighting and catching Kartana in Pokémon Go:
- Kartana Raid CP - 58,102 CP
- CP range for catching Kartana - 2010 to 2101 CP
- Weather (Cloudy or Rain) when being caught - 2512 to 2626 CP
- Max Kartana CP (at level 40) - 4156 CP
The Season of Timeless Travels has arrived in Pokémon Go! During it, take the time to try out Routes and Party Play while you're hunting down rare Pokémon, fighting in the Go Battle League or competing in PokéStop Showcases.
Kartana best moveset in Pokémon Go
Our recommendation for Kartana’s moveset is Razor Leaf (Fast) and Leaf Blade (Charged), which are both grass moves.
Despite its dual grass and steel typing, it doesn't have a steel move in its roster on debut - otherwise you can opt for Aerial Ace (flying) as a second move if you have the Candy and Stardust to spare.
Below you can find the complete Fast and Charged moveset for Kartana in Pokémon Go:
- Air Slash (Flying)
- Razor Leaf (Grass)
- Aerial Ace (Flying)
- Leaf Blade (Grass)
- Night Slash (Dark)
- X-Scissor (Bug)
Everything else we know about Kartana
On debut, Kartana is only available in gyms in the Northern Hemisphere - meaning if it doesn't appear locally for you, you must receive a remote raid invite to battle and attempt to catch.
As part of Gen 7, Kartana debuted in Pokémon Sun and Moon where it could be encountered during the postgame of Sun.
According to the offical Pokédex entry, Kartana's body is "thin as paper" and "like a sharpened sword". You know what's more worrying? "Although it’s alien to this world and a danger here, it’s apparently a common organism in the world where it normally lives." Let's hope just the one gets through the Ultra Wormhole, then.
Good luck catching Kartana in Pokémon Go!