Modern Warfare Season 5: Reloaded is a mid-season refresh introducing new modes and features.
Headlining the update is the 'Games of Summer' event, which sees players rewarded as they participate in a series of Trials, now available to all free-to-play players.
Elsewhere, there's a new Warzone and multiplayer mode, Operator and weapon - the Finn LMG.
On this page you'll find the Modern Warfare: Warzone patch notes as part of the latest Reloaded update.
Modern Warfare and Warzone patch notes: What's been introduced in Modern Warfare's Season 5: Reloaded update
Here is a brief recap of what's been added in Season 5: Reloaded:
- Games of Summer event (free to all players, starting August 28th 10am PDT to September 7th)
- FINN LMG (available at Season 5 launch)
- King Slayer Warzone mode (available during Season 5)
- Gunfight 'Stadium' map (during Games of Summer)
- Free access for Warzone players to Gunfight tournament
- Reinforced version of Ground War for Modern Warfare owners
- New Operator, Morte
Below you can find the patch notes for the update, copied verbatim from the developer Infinity Ward:
- PS4: 10.6GB
- Xbox: 14.09GB
- PC: 11.3GB (F2P) / 17.6GB (Premium)
- Ground War
- Ground War Reinforce (32 players)
- Blueprint Gunfight
- Shoot the Ship
- Face Off Verdansk Stadium (2v2)
- BR Solos
- BR Duos
- BR Trios
- BR Quads
- Plunder: Quads
- King Slayer Trios
- Ground War: You can now spawn on APCs even while they're in combat, just as long as the vehicle isn't low on health
- You can now inspect your weapon during infil sequences!
- Fix for a bug where players could see Tracker footprints on the ground after respawning, even when they don't have the perk equipped
- Fix for an issue where the Riot Shield could appear sideways in the preview screen
- Also, fixed a bug where the Riot Shield could appear crooked in the squad walk
- Fixed a bug where using Flaming Throwing Knives would not reset Dead Silence
- Season 5 Week 1 challenge reads: "Call in the Personal UAV Killstreak 7 Times." Should be written as Personal Radar
- The Week 1 challenge reads: "Play 3 matches with Wyatt and your Coalition Operator". Using and instead of as
- Fix for an issue where the scoreboard could reflect inaccurate information when going from a multiplayer match to a Warzone match
- Fixed a bug where some users were unable to unblock players
- Fixed a bug where the 'World Eater' calling card appeared animated, although it should be a static image
- Fix for an issue where partially watching the killcam and then skipping it, can sometimes result in reduced respawn time
- Various fixes to help the Tomogunchi Turbo watch function as intended
- Fixed an issue where the Stopping Round Field Upgrade could become unlimited after using two of the same weapon
- Adjusted weapon stats graphs to better match rate of fire and post-launch weapon balancing
- Fix for a bug where tracers could lose their impact VFX when the ammunition is changed from the default 5.56 NATO ammunition on the M4
- Sniper - Thermal Scope: lowered optic resolution and reduced thermal range
- Adding 'HEI' (High Explosive Incendiary) label to cosmetic dismembering ammo types
- Fix for an issue where the gas mask could become invulnerable
- Fixed a bug where the yellow highlighting of your name in the Squad widget was missing from BR Buy Back
- Fix for a bug where the parachute could open randomly when jumping over certain areas of the map
- In BR Quads, the player's minimap icon had both the downed icon and arrow when the player started the Most Wanted contract. This has been fixed
- Fixed a bug where the loot dropped from a squadmate who died in the gulag would be available for other squad members to pick up if they enter the same gulag
- Fixed a bug where players will observe no ping audio from a spectator creating world pings
- Various fixes for issues with Self Revive:
- Players may see no UI for Self Revive after buying it at a kiosk, then see the Self Revive 'Use' UI right before the player dies when downed but too late to be able to revive themselves
- Players may see no UI for Self Revive and when downed, they are able to use a Self Revive
- Players may be unable to buy a Self Revive at a kiosk stating "The player already has this item", despite not having one in their inventory
We explain the Warzone Season 3 best weapons you need to start using, and break down new additions M1916, Nikita AVT and UGR ahead of the Godzilla vs Kong event Operation Monarch. If you want to learn more about firepower from previously, we explain the best Welgun loadout, best Cooper Carbine loadout, best Gorenko Anti-Tank Rifle loadout, best STG44 loadout, best MP40 loadout, best Automaton loadout, best BAR loadout, best Combat Shotgun loadout, best Type 100 loadout, and best Kar98k loadouts.
Call of Duty League
- Fixed a bug where barrels with integrated suppressors were still available
- Improved stability and performance
- Fixed an issue that caused screen resolution to be higher than native resolution at 100 render resolution when in fullscreen borderless mode
- Fixed an issue that could lock FOV to 60 after playing a game of Ground War
Hope you continue to enjoy Modern Warfare Season 5!
Will you support Eurogamer?