LA Noire's A Walk in Elysian Fields is one of many cases on the Arson desk, following on from The Gas Man.
If you're interested in help elsewhere, our LA Noire guide and walkthrough is well worth a visit. Otherwise, here's how to solve A Walk in Elysian Fields.
A Walk in Elysian Fields
First, investigate the house fire.
Location: House Fire
- Examine the bodies at evidence marker A.
- Examine the photograph at evidence marker B.
- Head into the garden and examine the water heater at evidence marker C.
- There is a newspaper on the right side of the garden.
Head to the neighbour's house to the left.
- Examine the Cigarette Butts and Boot Prints at the foot of the tree in the front right corner of his garden.
Interview Dudley Forman:
- Morelli Fire Witness Report: Bad Cop (or Doubt in the original version).
- Suspicious Activity: Bad Cop (or Doubt in the original version).
- Planned Demolitions: Bad Cop (or Doubt in the original version).
- Promotional Travel Contest: Good Cop (or Truth in the original version).
Examine the Origami to find an Elysian Fields Development flyer, then use the gamewell.
Location: Rancho Escondido
Subdue the protestors, then search for Clues:
- Examine the side of the building to your right to find Poor Cement Quality.
Location: Elysian Fields
Interview Leland Monroe:
- Elysian Linked to Arsons: Bad Cop (or Doubt in the original version).
- Promotional Travel Contest: Accuse (or Accuse (or Lie in the original version) in the original version). Evidence: Elysian Fields Flyers. (Rewards you with the Huckster trophy.)
- Local Land Acquisitions: Bad Cop (or Doubt in the original version).
- Rancho Escondido Fire: Accuse (or Accuse (or Lie in the original version) in the original version). Evidence: Poor Cement Quality.
Examine the list on the secretary's desk and point to Herbert Chapman, then use the phone downstairs.
Location: Chapman's Apartment
- Mosquito Coils, .45 calibre ammunition, and some contest flyers are all in the trunk of his car.
Need more assistance with all things LA Noire? Inspect our main LA Noire walkthrough and guide, for detailed info and solutions for every case, tackled step-by-step. For time out in the open world, we have guides on Golden Reel locations, Badge Pursuit Challenge locations, Landmark locations, an outfits list, a hidden vehicles and cars list and finally a guide to completing LA Noire Street Crime side-quests.
Next case: LA Noire - House of Sticks
Chapman will leap into a passing tram. Follow it in your car, and stick behind it until it turns a sharp corner to the right, then move to its left and let your partner disable it.
Get out of the car and unload several rounds into Chapman before he gets a chance to shoot anyone.
Will you support Eurogamer?
We want to make Eurogamer better, and that means better for our readers - not for algorithms. You can help! Become a supporter of Eurogamer and you can view the site completely ad-free, as well as gaining exclusive access to articles, podcasts and conversations that will bring you closer to the team, the stories, and the games we all love. Subscriptions start at £3.99 / $4.99 per month.