Oggdo Bogdo is one of four Legendary Beasts you can find in Jedi: Fallen Order.
The mini-boss is found very early in the game, and though is optional and can be escaped upon discovering, is a challenge most players will be up for.
This page explains where to find Oggdo Bogdo and how to beat it.
Oggdo Bogdo location
The Oggdo Bogdo can be found very early in the game, as soon as you land on Bogano for the first time.
Make your way to the Abandoned Workshop save point, then cross the pipes heading into the Bogdo Sinkholes. Jump to the pipe heading right, then cross over the metal beam. From there, head right into the dark tunnel filled with metal poles.
On the other side awaits Oggdo Bogdo, the first legendary beast.
How to beat Oggdo Bogdo
The Oggdo Bogdo is slow and has a selection of moves that are all relatively simple to defend against. The main thing to worry about when fighting the Oggdo Bogdo is recognising the moves it has, which vary from close range attacks that deal a decent amount of damage to long range gap closers that punish you for running too far away.
The Oggdo Bogdo has two blockable attacks. They are:
- A single bite. This attack comes out when you are standing close to the Oggdo Bogdo. It will open its mouth and take a single bite at you, dealing decent damage to your health and heavy damage to your block bar. This move is slow and only hits directly in front of it, so you can either parry it if you're feeling confident or dodge in any direction to avoid it.
- A double bite. When the Oggdo Bogdo leans its head to the side before taking a bit, that means it's going to take two bites at you instead of one. Blocking both of these hits will certainly break your guard, and if they both hit you're gonna be taking a bunch of damage. Again, these attacks are both quite slow. If you feel you can parry them go for it, but you can always dodge the attack and swing while the Oggdo Bogdo's back is turned.
As for unblockable attacks, the Oggdo Bogdo has three of them. These attacks are as follows:
- The first is a forward charge that travels a decent distance towards you. The Oggdo Bogdo will puff out his cheeks and begin to croak as it glows red, before pouncing in your direction. This move takes a long time to actually come towards you, all the while it'll be tracking you in preparation for its jump. When dodging this move, wait until the Oggdo Bogdo's cheeks stop being puffed out to signal that it's about to charge at you. Then, dodge to either your left or right to get out of its way.
- The second unblockable attack is a tongue grab, which will hit you from a long distance away and drag you into the mouth of the Oggdo Bogdo. You'll know this move is coming when it stands up on its hind legs with its tongue flailing around outside of its mouth. When you see this happening, treat it the same way as the charge. Wait until the last minute to dodge, otherwise the tongue get you and you'll take a lot of damage.
- Lastly, the Oggdo Bogdo has a ground pound move which it does when you are close to them. You'll know it's happening when the Oggdo Bogdo jumps high up in the air whilst glowing red. When this happens, back away from where it's about to land. You don't need to move that far away either - just make sure you're not under it when it lands.
The trick to the Oggdo Bogdo fight is to take your time. Every single attack he does is punishable with a few swings of your own. Not only that, but parrying any of his normal attacks will stagger him for a decent chunk of time, allowing you to get some free hits in.
No matter what's going on, don't freak out. If you see him glow red, wait a second, then dodge to the side. Not sure you can parry his attacks? Block one, then roll away to safety.
While the front of the Oggdo Bogdo takes little damage, its back is susceptible to attacks. Try to dodge around it when you can, as attacking the Oggdo Bogdo's back makes you safe from any of its bite attacks.
As for force powers, they are all very useful in this fight. Force slow provides time for a heal without having to worry about Oggdo Bogdo's unblockables, and can also grant you an opportunity to attack safety.
If you fight the Oggdo Bogdo with force push or pull, then fight is far more easier for it. You can even pull its tongue out and cut it off to remove the threat of one of his unblockables entirely, making the fight a cakewalk.
All done? There are more Legendary Beasts to fight if you haven't already tracked them down, including:
Will you support Eurogamer?
We want to make Eurogamer better, and that means better for our readers - not for algorithms. You can help! Become a supporter of Eurogamer and you can view the site completely ad-free, as well as gaining exclusive access to articles, podcasts and conversations that will bring you closer to the team, the stories, and the games we all love. Subscriptions start at £3.99 / $4.99 per month.