Japan chart: Asura's Wrath, Vita struggle
Strong debuts for Tales of the Heroes, new Harvest Moon.
New Capcom action IP Asura's Wrath has got off to a sluggish start in its native Japan, entering the weekly software chart at five.
The eccentric CyberConnect2-developed title sold 30,308 copies in its debut week. It arrives in the UK on 9th March.
Namco's PSP RPG Tales of the Heroes: Twin Brave took the top spot, selling 85,309, followed by 3DS farming sim Harvest Moon: The Land of Origin with 81,131.
A new PS3 Naruto tie-in followed at three, with Namco's only-in-Japan curio I Don't Have Many Friends Portable at four.
Last week's number one, Konami's 3DS dating sim New Love Plus, plummeted to 17th in its second week.
Here's the full countdown, as seen on Andriasang:
- Tales of the Heroes Twin Brave (Namco Bandai, PSP): 85,309 - NEW
- Harvest Moon: The Land of Origin (Marvelous AQL, 3DS): 81,131 - NEW
- Naruto Ultimate Storm Generation (Namco Bandai, PS3): 65,758 - NEW
- I Don't Have Many Friends Portable (Namco Bandai, PSP): 56,969 - NEW
- Asura's Wrath (Capcom, PS3): 30,308 - NEW
- Nendoroid Generation (Namco Bandai, PSP): 21,991 - NEW
- Super Mario 3D Land (Nintendo, 3DS): 21,400 (Life to date: 1,370,176)
- Mario Kart 7 (Nintendo, 3DS): 20,744 (1,527,266)
- Monster Hunter 3G (Capcom, 3DS): 17,841 (1,267,675)
- Idolmaster G4U Pack Vol.5 (Namco Bandai, PS3): 17,038 - NEW
- Binary Domain (Sega, PS3): 14,905 (88,589)
- Harukanaru Toki no Naka de 5 Kazahanaki (Tecmo Koei, PSP): 12,630 - NEW
- Resident Evil Revelations (Capcom, 3DS): 12,210 (244,116)
- Touch Shot! Love Application (Compile Heart, 12.02.23): 11,077 - NEW
- Theatrhytym Final Fantasy (Square Enix, 3DS): 10,786 (77,993)
- Gal Gun (Alchemist, PS3): 9002 - NEW
- New Love Plus (Konami, 3DS): 8644 (113,613)
- Samurai Warriors 3 Z Special (Tecmo Koei, PSP): 8178 (25,303)
- Moujuuzukai to Oujisama Snow Bride Portable (Idea Factory, PSP): 8044 - NEW
- Suikoden: Tsumugareshi Hyakunen no Toki (Konami, PSP): 7607 (83,086)
It was business as usual over on the hardware chart: 3DS dominates, home console sales are largely flat and Vita continues to flounder.
It looks like Sony's new portable will have to wait a while for its next obvious software-led sales bump - the release of Persona 4 in mid June.
- 3DS: 76,322 (Last week: 94,667)
- PlayStation 3: 27,111 (21,993)
- PSP: 15,928 (14,824)
- Vita: 11,186 (12,309)
- Wii: 7,878 (7,874)
- Xbox 360: 1,508 (983)
- PlayStation 2: 1,269 (1,433)
- DSi XL: 977 (901)
- DSi: 662 (656)