Gears of War: Ultimate Edition has just been released on the Windows 10 Store. It costs £22.79.
The PC version runs in DirectX 12 so you'll need a DX12 graphics card in order to run it. It also supports 4K resolutions and comes with a bit of extra content: a Deluxe Weapon Skin Pack and 11 additional multiplayer characters, but they're not specified.
You'll need 60GB hard-drive space free and a hefty old gaming rig if you're hoping to play in 4K.
4K recommended specs
- CPU: Intel Core i7 @ 4Ghz / AMD FX 6-core
- Memory: 16GB RAM (6GB VRAM)
- Graphics: Nvidia Geforce GTX 980 Ti / AMD Radeon R9 390X
1080p recommended specs
- CPU: Intel Core i5 @3.5Ghz / AMD FX 6-core
- Memory: 8GB RAM (4GB VRAM)
- Graphics: Nvidia Geforce GTX 970 / AMD Radeon R9 290X
- CPU: Intel Core i5 @ 2.7Ghz / AMD FX 6-core
- Memory: 8GB RAM (2 GB VRAM)
- Graphics: Nvidia Geforce GTX 650 Ti / AMD Radeon R7 260X
The Ultimate Edition is a technical remake of the original Xbox 360 Gears of War, and it's already available on Xbox One. As well as making it all look better, developer The Coalition upped the frame-rate to 60, which made a big difference. The frame-rate is obviously uncapped on PC. Digital Foundry had a much deeper look last year.
Will you support Eurogamer?