Forza Horizon 5 Barn Finds is one of the open world racer's many activities, where rumours of rare cars can be found across the map.
There are 14 in total, and once discovered, can be restored and driven around the map.
Though Barn Find locations are fixed, unlocking them in the first place isn't a clear process - but there are ways to get started thanks to early story missions.
On this page:
Forza Horizon 5 Barn Finds: How do you unlock Barn Finds in Forza Horizon 5?
Unlike collectables in most games, you cannot simply drive up to a Barn Find and get the spoils, even if you have their locations.
Instead, you must wait until the game tells you about them - by simply playing other activities in Forza Horizon 5 - where it will then give you a vague pointer of their location on the map.
From there, you have to find the specific position, which is where our Forza Horizon 5 Barn Finds locations map later in this article comes in handy.
The exception to this are three Barn Finds which are tied to completing side-objectives in three early-game Apex, Wilds and Baja Expeditions. This means if you want to get a leg up on some secret cars, then there's a good place to start.
Forza Horizon 5 Barn Find locations map
All 14 Forza Horizon 5 Barn Finds locations are located below, including those locked behind certain Expeditions:
The Barn Find cars you'll find in the above locations are as follows:
|Map location||Barn Find car||How to unlock|
|1||Toyota #1 T100 Baja Truck||Location unlocks at random during gameplay|
|2||Jaguar Sport XJR-15||Wilds Expedition objective find the lost notes|
|3||GMC Jimmy||Apex Expedition objective reach the top of the central ruin|
|4||Dodge Dart Hemi Super Stock||Location unlocks at random during gameplay|
|5||Dodge Viper GTS ACR||Location unlocks at random during gameplay|
|6||Ferrari F40 Competizione||Location unlocks at random during gameplay|
|7||Ferrari 250 GTO||Location unlocks at random during gameplay|
|8||Chevrolet Corvette||Location unlocks at random during gameplay|
|9||Ford F100||Location unlocks at random during gameplay|
|10||Ford Mustang GT2+2 Fastback||Location unlocks at random during gameplay|
|11||BMW 2002 Turbo||Location unlocks at random during gameplay|
|12||Porsche 911 Carrera RS||Location unlocks at random during gameplay|
|13||Ford Racing Escort MK1||Baja Expedition objective hot spring lake sample|
|14||Renault 4L Export||Location unlocks at random during gameplay|
The good news is several of these are the best cars in Forza Horizon 5 - with the Jaguar XJR-15, Dodge Dart Hemi Super Stock and GMC Jimmy among the top in their respective classes.
Remember - aside from the Expedition-tied Barn Finds, you will unlock the rumours to access the above in a random order through regular play. It's a case of continuing to play naturally until the desired location is available to you!
Other things to know about Barn Finds in Forza Horizon 5
To summarise, and clarify other points about Barn Finds:
- Barn Finds aren't available at the start of the game - keep playing until the rumours start and their vague locations appear on your map. It's not until you have the rumour that you can interact with a Barn Find, even if you know where it is.
- Three Barn Finds are tied to completing side-objectives in the Apex, Wilds and Baja Expeditions.
- Unlike Forza Horizon 4, there are no Barn Finds locked behind specific seasons.
- If you prefer not to wait to unlock Barn Finds naturally, you can buy the 'Treasure Map' DLC which not only shows their locations, but also allows for immediate access.
- You can see the vehicles unlocked through Barn Finds in the Garage tab at one of your houses - though remember after each find you must wait a period of time before they are restored. If you want them faster, then you will have to pay up!
- If you're struggling to find certain Barn Finds within the radius on the map, you can pull out your drone and search nearby.
- Additionally, something new for Forza Horizon 5 is the ability to use the Barn Find locations to gift cars to other players online. You will lose your gifted car in the process, and though it's entirely optional, you'll receive an Achievement for your first giveaway - so for completions is worth doing at least once.
- If you decided to use the Gift Drop feature from a found Barn Find location, note that not every car can be gifted. Those that can, however, can be gifted to a specific player base (new players, returning players etc) as well as the ability to customise with a message and whether you want the gift to be anonymous.
Best of luck with finding Barn Finds in Forza Horizon 5!