the_thot

5 seconds ago

@Ivattthestanier I've been firmly PlayStation for this gen, was equally firmly Xbox 360 for previous.

Next time around I'm planning purchases of the top end Xbox and PS5. Less stress!

DaTooth

3 minutes ago

@UberNoodle I still say we should just be rid of all these pesky laws and let anarchy take over so natural selection and chaos will reign supreme but that's just my political take on it.

Posted in Nintendo is deleting what it deems inappropriate Super Smash Bros. Ultimate stages

Kiliko

8 minutes ago

Fucking gamers acting like the only way anyone will ever see the Notre Dame again is through Unity. Give it a rest.

It's a nice gesture, a good representation, but not the historical achievement that people are suddenly pretending it is.

Posted in Assassin's Creed Unity players review-bomb Steam page with positivity

ChromeMud

9 minutes ago

I always like to read about next gen consoles.
They've come along way and thanks to pc gaming they've evolved and in some way surpassed them in areas such as HDR for example.

Nice to have both though ;-)

riceNpea

10 minutes ago

Not particularly surprising, it's expected if anything. It's not even thousands but hundreds, 1163 in fact, which I suppose doesn't sound as dramatic, but it is interesting because it's a prime number. Not as good as 73 though; that's a really interesting prime number.

Posted in Epic has already banned thousands of Fortnite World Cup participants for cheating

jps0227

11 minutes ago

@ProTw33ks both PS4 and Xbox one share quite a lot architecture wise. I'd assume that the difference between both next gen machines will come down to numbers rather than silicon.

DaTooth

12 minutes ago

@riceNpea I would be offended by you being offended by that.

Vehelits

15 minutes ago

I remember the user generated penis monsters from Spore.

DaTooth

16 minutes ago

@Maltivoo Idk man I don't go around telling everyone I'm bi and making it an issue for people like why you gotta display it to the world and make it an issue ok your whatever good for you woohoo you want a cookie?

ultra-Babayaga

20 minutes ago

@Pitcher-T see that doesn't work trans are already removed from reality. Gender identity doesn't exist. It's a mental disorder along with schizophrenia and dissociative identity disorder. Sexuality is fluid. Gender is not.

siddyhubble

20 minutes ago

What's the game/demo being shown in this video? Looks interesting.

DaTooth

21 minutes ago

@the_ewan Just because it's cool to you doesn't mean it will be to everyone your statement is the same statement as me walking into a school and telling all the kids santa and the tooth fairy and the easter bunny is all fake like I'd have no problem letting them know that but some parents don't want that.

Radiohedgefund

21 minutes ago

@Maltivoo people might filter their views through it, but if you got rid of religion people would still be xenophobic and frightened of things they didn't understand. A delusion would be thinking that getting rid of religion's mainly focussed on promoting peace and forgiveness would suddenly improve the world.

mostro

21 minutes ago

Glorious article, Rich. At your very best. And the only thing that would have dragged me away from the sunshine.

Hot damn the next wave of onsoles are going to be good.

Happy Easter.

45709

23 minutes ago

@_TheDarkSide_ 😂what a world, imagine if mining was still going now, fuck me!

As a ďnorthernerĒ Iím a miserable bastard and tight anyway. You can take tíman out of Yorkshire but canít take Yorkshire out of tíman.

I feel Loganís Run should happen but these days instead of 40 when youíre 18

BigOrkWaaagh

27 minutes ago

He... he's using the analog stick.

Posted in Warner Bros. is trying to plug Mortal Kombat 11 leaks after street date is broken

wyp100

28 minutes ago

@Orr_Man sure, but it was Unity that caused the year break.

Posted in Assassin's Creed Unity players review-bomb Steam page with positivity

Ivattthestanier

32 minutes ago

Looking forward to the next gen quite a bit .

Probably get the ps5 but Iím also excited about the nextbox.

45709

32 minutes ago

@smelltheglove I understand ďwriting something deemed a jokeĒ is up to people to find funny. My point is your username is a reference to abusing women really from a spoof... so me talking about bodily functions which doesnít choose gender, orientation, colour(English spelling and correct spelling...) etc... is what Iím getting at. No one should be oppressed, discriminated against but at the same time canít I just have fun (not at the expense of others) just fun.

Iíve suffered discrimination, my 3 year old daughter does cause sheís disabled, so does that mean we need to burn all human history? You ever seen Eddie Murphy or Richard prior stand up?

Put simply if someone calls me a cu*t in a hilarious way, or a racial slur and I laugh I donít need anyone sticking their fucking oar in on my behalf. Cause if I get 70 years before dying Iíd like a good time without been told a 1000 years ago something terrible happened so Iím a shit.

Itís Easter gonna get pissed (halfway there) and probably watch Frankie Boyle

davepowell1

37 minutes ago

@danbert2000 I got a 1050 Ti over two years ago and it's still plenty good enough for me for gaming @ 1080p, so the competition being a bit faster is moot. What the 1050 Ti offers is a complete hassle-free reliable experience, backed up by nvidia's better reputation, without the potential driver issues or bloated interface I've both experienced with ATI / AMD in the past. Also, the 1050 Ti uses a lot less power and doesn't require an external PCI-E cable so is suitable for a lot more PCs with modest power supplies, as well as costing a bit less to run.

Posted in New video shows the rise and fall of AMD, Intel and Nvidia graphics cards

Rumteldat

38 minutes ago

@ProTw33ks I guess it'll depend in part on how their yeilds are.

peterfll

38 minutes ago

@markytonline83 well thatís not an excuse to label gay pride, or any other march ineffective. Your friends may have tired of it, but theyíll be a whole load of fresh LGBTQ people growing up with their own life experiences of homophobia, transphobia and the like, thanking that there is a place they can take to the streets and march. The fight isnít over my friend. Not bu a long shot.

Mr_Writer85

39 minutes ago

I didn't understand all of it. But Richards enthusiasm is clear, so fingers crossed that next gen delivers.

Not that it bothers me I'm leaning very much towards a day one buy of PS5 anyway.

TinyKaiju

40 minutes ago

With AMD engineers uploading 3D Mark profiles for their top secret unannounced APUs would it be too much to ask they include scores?

_TheDarkSide_

40 minutes ago

@Ivattthestanier Closest we got to anything like that back then was making our calculators say, '80085'.

riceNpea

40 minutes ago

I miss the old days when I understood the differences between gaming generations.

'Dad, please buy me a Spectrum 128k +3!! It has a floppy disk drive! I won't have to wait 15 minutes to load a game!!!'

Tiramitsu

42 minutes ago

😫 it's reasons like this is why we can't have nice things!

George-Roper

43 minutes ago

@Maltivoo

Most of the content currently being hauled offline is as you'd expect - soon after the stage creator feature went live, many stages featuring Swastikas and other racist and offensive imagery were uploaded.
Of course I read the article. Did you?

The point I'm making is, ban accounts that are involved in this shit. Nobody wants children exposed to genitalia and swastikas in a video game.

So yes, it WAS hate and in those instances the accounts shouldn't get a warning they should get an outright ban. Done. All purchases lost. Lesson potentially learned.

And my comments don't just apply to Nintendo. I'd just as readily impose a zero tolerance policy on all platforms. Online gaming is an absolute swamp of hatred and homophobia. As soon as Nintendo did this, the sort of cunts who find it amusing just jumped straight in because there's no deterrent.

Ivattthestanier

43 minutes ago

Back in my day we wouldnít of dreamed of drawing big bulging willies in our Nintendo games.

In fact on my game and watch all you could do was play one game with two modes .

Better then it was .

Rumteldat

49 minutes ago

@Jonamok I guess now we'll be asking if it can run Metro Exodus at max with ray tracing.

_TheDarkSide_

49 minutes ago

@45709
But hey letís never have comedy, jokes..
I agree.
No more shits'n'giggles for anyone, EVER!
See, I identify as a dour, miserable, humourless twat, so...

This thread is a good place to learn how to do it right. 😂😂

-MrFlibble-

50 minutes ago

If I read a review of a game I want to know if it's worth playing not wether the dev/pub has had negative or positive publicity at some point.

Posted in Assassin's Creed Unity players review-bomb Steam page with positivity

smelltheglove

50 minutes ago

@45709 You write something you deem to be a joke, and other people decide whether it's funny. It's an old system. Works fine. In this case people found your joke to be so unfunny as to downvote it to the point where nobody has to see it.
Don't mistake that for PC gone mad, or offence taken, just that the analogy in your joke doesn't work and none of the sentences you used to write it with, or the reply for that matter, make any sense.

ProTw33ks

53 minutes ago

@Magog14 Depending how quickly they can mass produce the SOC for PS5 it could be out as early as Q2 2020. The fact there are seemingly already near-final qualification samples being tested likely means mass production could happen any time now.

markytonline83

55 minutes ago

@mouse-clicker Thanks for taking the time to miss the point completely.
My point is that you donít have to constantly protest, it loses its effectiveness and people become blind to it. Example, my gay friends canít stand Gay Pride for that very reason

ProTw33ks

55 minutes ago

@JAK620 I would assume it's limited to PS5 because Sony are the only ones that have laid out any substantive information. All Microsoft have said thus far is they have two new "next-gen" consoles in the works, but no idea of specs, architecture or anything. Sony have actually come out saying their new console is Ryzen and Navi based meaning there is something to go off of. This chip could be for Xbox Anaconda for sure, but they are focusing on PS5 here because it's the only one with a confirmed albeit vague spec.

the_ewan

56 minutes ago

@RawShark Is your existence political? And can we be free of it please?

Rodimus-Prime

56 minutes ago

I'm just going to put this out there - i prefer Unity to Origins and Odyssey.

The two most recent Assassin's Creed games are objectively better games, but they went off in an entirely new direction, and i preferred when Assassin's Creed felt like Assassin's Creed as opposed to The Witcher III Lite.

Don't get me wrong, Origins is worth it for how amazing its depiction of Egypt is, but Unity felt like the next step in the series - advancing the gameplay without losing its feel. It would have been interesting to see how the series would look now if they continued on that path, instead of resetting things with (the admittedly brilliant) Syndicate and then reworking it.

Posted in Assassin's Creed Unity players review-bomb Steam page with positivity

Maltivoo

58 minutes ago

@George-Roper It wasn't hate or homophobia, Nintendo banned accounts for *promoting* equality. Read the article mate, it helps a lot.

bananaraincoat

58 minutes ago

A 1080p console and a 4k console makes sense for the MS rumours. Would make sense for Sony to follow. It allows them to cover a larger worldwide range of incomes and demographics with a cheaper console. I suspect VRS will help here with making each TFLOP go further and will help hide the fact the "X" version won't be 4x more powerful.

the_ewan

59 minutes ago

@Blueteeth There's nothing un-family-friendly about a trans rights flag. Some families have trans people in them. If anything's not being friendly here, it's Nintendo.

Rumteldat

60 minutes ago

I'm so glad digital foundry has a brainiac like Richard working for them. This was a really interesting analysis, Keep'em coming. I want to temper my expectations about the next gen consoles so I'm not disappointed but I have to admit I'm starting to get on the hype train.

Maltivoo

1 hour ago

@RawShark "Iím as pro trans rights as the next guy, BUT......."

Maltivoo

1 hour ago

@froggydarren No, you're 0% right. You can't shove a random word into a sentence and say you used it "half-right". Only Trump could get away with that.

markytonline83

1 hour ago

@Maltivoo well done, youíve missed the point. Hyperbole much?

JAK620

1 hour ago

The investigative work is remarkable. But why is the speculation limited to PS5? This could be a customized Ryzen variant for Microsoft as well, right? Secondly I cannot help thinking about the base frequency vs the boost frequency in this discovery. I understand that this is standard. But what if this is a design like the Nintendo Switch, which has the mobile mode and the dock mode. Lastly despite very unlikely, the code name ďGonzaloĒ reminds me of Marioís code name, ďthe Great GonzalesĒ, in Paper Mario the Thousand Year Door.

the_ewan

1 hour ago

@TestosteRohne It doesn't actually matter though, does it? It never makes sense to pre-order big games, and it's often better to wait for a while post-launch too.

At which point there'll be plenty of reviews, lets-plays and anything else you could want. Probably some bug fixes, and maybe a discount too.

Posted in Leaked Days Gone gameplay doesn't reveal much, but does give us a good idea of what to expect

Bad-body-double

1 hour ago

Maybe this will entice them to bring their games back to Steam. I know they use uPlay but I like the Steam feature of tracking my playtime, allowing me to upload screenshots and videos to the feed and then reviewing the game, which I cannot do if I go the uPlay store route or god forbid Epic (which will never happen).

Posted in Assassin's Creed Unity players review-bomb Steam page with positivity