Red_Falcon_75

51 seconds ago

It would be nice that when you make corrections or change things you mention them instead of silently editing them. The tone of the header and who composed the majority of Chrono Trigger was different when I read this article earlier.

Posted in Legendary Final Fantasy composer Nobuo Uematsu ceases work due to illness

Oats

2 minutes ago

Nice website layout, I dig the box and whiskers plots.

Posted in AMD Radeon RX 570 benchmarks: a capable 1080p workhorse

Number1Laing

6 minutes ago

I really feel that, were the PS4 not such a massive success, Sony would have put a little more support into the Vita, similar to what they did with the PSP when the PS3 kind of farted out of the gate. It was a well-designed system but it wasn't powerful enough to pull off titles like Uncharted, WipeOut, Assassins Creed, etc. Almost, but not quite.

Posted in No plans for a Vita successor, Sony says

Xephon01

16 minutes ago

It's Shame really. I can see there point. I've always loved sinus hand helds

Posted in No plans for a Vita successor, Sony says

cheekyjay

25 minutes ago

@ImNotARobot I had so many graphical and performance hitches in Super Mario Bros 3 (one of the only NES games I have any interest in replaying) that I gave up as it was giving me a headache. I can't believe how dreadful the emulation is and how nobody else is commenting on this.

Posted in After an 18 month wait, Nintendo's Online service feels disappointingly flat

kxcii

26 minutes ago

the classic games aspect could be improved with an expanding library, eventually expanding into the SNES and N64 eras.

Ivattthestanier

33 minutes ago

What’s everyone’s favourite final fantasy victory fanfare?

Mines 7’s

dsmx

35 minutes ago

Free to play this weekend on Steam, Xbox and PS apparently.

Posted in Ghost Recon Wildlands free for Xbox Gold subscribers this weekend

ukuleleimport

35 minutes ago

"Best known for his work scoring the Final Fantasy series, Uematsu also composed the scores for games such as Chrono Trigger..."

No, he didn't. Yasunori Mitsuda did. Uematsu assisted with some pieces when Mitsuda fell ill.

Both of them geniuses, of course. Speedy recovery, Uematsu.

skydanko

37 minutes ago

@timewarp87

I have a Vizio P series that does 1080/120 and 4k/60. UHD/Deep Color needs to be enabled in order to add custom resolutions. I have 1440, 1620, 1728, and 1800 res setup. I did it with my screen res as 4k as doing from 1080 will upscale and blur the image.

What brand and model tv do you have?

Posted in GeForce RTX 2080 and RTX 2080 Ti review: our first glimpse of next-gen graphics?

VanillaLake

40 minutes ago

It's like Nintendo only copies the bad things and still keeps their own bad things as well.

Cinaclov

46 minutes ago

@Bander I remember when they used to do really fantastic events back in 4th gen, like you said they really felt like you'd gone the extra mile for them (often times because you *had* gone several extra miles).

My favourite event was arguably for one of the worst event pokemon; a Lv100 Regiggas for Platinum. They tied all the downloads in with events across the UK throughout the summer; festivals, air shows, etc. Me and my friends went to Weymouth where they had a massive Pokemon tent on the beach to coincide with Weymouth Carnival. Was a really good idea and a great day out.

I can understand why they don't do stuff like that anymore, but I definitely mourn it.

Posted in Zeraora, the last Pokémon coming to the 3DS, is releasing soon

Lucifart

54 minutes ago

@darrellharding because fuck you that's why

Posted in No plans for a Vita successor, Sony says

Lucifart

54 minutes ago

@erp your mom is a great game

Posted in No plans for a Vita successor, Sony says

rubenssalvador

1 hour ago

Take your time, Uematsu. We will be here anytime if you decide to come back.

rinks

1 hour ago

"Morning sir."

"Hey... you."

Posted in THQ Nordic has now acquired survival horror classic Alone In The Dark

Excelsion

1 hour ago

The vita is amazing, buy 1 if you haven't already.

Posted in No plans for a Vita successor, Sony says

Blackmarsh63

1 hour ago

@willjudd Dell maybe expensive but they pay far more attention to quality control than Acer or Asus. I've lost count the times I've returned Acer monitors due to dead pixels etc. They're cheaper for a reason.

Posted in The best gaming monitor 2018: Digital Foundry's favourites

paladinvoice

2 hours ago

I wish Uematsu-san enjoyable time off with his family, cycling and drinking good beer. His music has made a huge impact on my life -- the music of the FF series (especially IV, VI, VII) was the soundtrack of my childhood.

Those that think of him primarily as a classical composer, don't forget that some of those pieces are hard rock/metal tunes, and if you haven't checked out his metal band "The Black Mages" -- do!

Birdosbae

2 hours ago

@nobloodyname Yeah. Laughing at Trump is pretty much a standard thing by this point (That or go insane). But, I highly doubt that a site like eurogamer would ever publish an article like this mocking a woman's private parts. eurogamer has become the equivalent of the daily mail, except staffed by ridiculous hipster cliches instead of overinflated old men. The weirdest part of it all is, that you can tell from the tone of eg's articles that the bloggers who write the shit really do think they are morally superior. Sad.

Posted in Mario Kart trending worldwide after President Trump Toad penis comparison

Tylahhh

2 hours ago

Nintendo’s fumbling of the Virtual Console throughout the years is one my biggest gaming disappointments. This article calls their recent offering of NES games “generous and varied” which I find laughable. Nothing generous about it.

Nintendo is making a killing off of their mini retro consoles, let’s not pretend the absence of a Virtual Console on Switch isn’t directly related to that. There won’t be any N64 or Gameboy games on Switch until Nintendo has made their coin off of those consoles’ mini iterations. I find it hilarious that Nintendo signed off on the use of their Wii games for a Chinese tablet but not their own. My dream of being able to play Mario 64, Sunshine and the Galaxy games all on one portable device are feeling more like a delusion with each passing day.

srankin16

2 hours ago

The lack of integrated voice chat is criminal for a paid (or free) online service. It's 2018.

mecha-blargh

2 hours ago

@taorhtpeeD Well you can in the UK. Standard price is in fact around £80/€90 for a used one (which is all there is to buy). Seriously, you can even get half a dozen games with it if you bid around.

No point talking about new ones because they haven't been in general availability for some time without importing/paying inflated prices for Japanese units. Also why discredit Vita prices for second hand while quoting €99 for a PSP?

Posted in Sony takes on the NES mini with the PlayStation Classic

mecha-blargh

2 hours ago

@ecco side note: Porsche Challenge was possibly the first Dual Shock compatible game in the UK. It didn't advertise it but the code is certainly in there.

Posted in Sony takes on the NES mini with the PlayStation Classic

Megaknight

2 hours ago

@saxxonde The amibos are actually physical things you can hold in your hand and some amibos can be used on more than one game. Can you buy DLC for a game and use it in a different game?

Posted in 15 European gambling regulators unite to tackle loot box threat

mecha-blargh

2 hours ago

Actually, your original post is nonsense anyway, since it came out two days before xmas in Japan 97 but it was May 98 before it was released in the west. Dual Shock was made the default controller in August 98 replacing the previous "Value Pack".

Posted in Sony takes on the NES mini with the PlayStation Classic

Paul1979UK

2 hours ago

Out of the two, ray tracing and DLSS, DLSS is the more interesting one to watch for, ray tracing can be a great tech but I don't see it getting adopted on mass only consoles can do it effectivelly and for that to happen, AMD hardware will have to do it before the next gen of consoles hit the market, otherwise we could be waiting years before ray tracing really gets any real use.

I also suspect AMD is already working on it's own DLSS for the next gen of consoles and PC gpu's.

In any case, we'll have to wait and see how well all this works, but at the price they are asking for, ray tracing is kind of pointless with this gen of cards because of the adoption rate whereas DLSS could get supported much easier.

So if we really want ray tracing any time soon then AMD really need it's own amswer to it and in time for the next gen of consoles otherwise very few games will use it whereas if consoles support it, most games will take advantage of it.

The real problem I'm finding with a lot of this tech is that it's too tied down to Nvidia hardware and higher end hardware at that, we've seen from the past how adoption rate even after years is very slow because of that so I wouldn't get our hopes up on any of this tech unless AMD can deliver something like it for the next gen of consoles.

Posted in Nvidia DLSS analysis: how AI tech can make PC games run 40 per cent faster

mecha-blargh

2 hours ago

@Rosseh IIRC Ape Escape came with a green translucent controller, so it wasn't a launch game for it.

Posted in Sony takes on the NES mini with the PlayStation Classic

agent88

2 hours ago

Here's my wish-list. I pre-ordered a unit in hopes that Sony listens to their customers and releases the best possible collection of games. I'm a little worried since the 5 they announced included Jumping Flash and Wild Arms... I could care less about those. Let's hope the console is compatible with the PS4 Dual Shock as well since using USB. I will be canceling my pre-order if the collection stinks.

Here's my wish list for the remaining spots:

Metal Gear Solid
Silent Hill
Street Fighter Alpha 3
Tomb Raider
Twisted Metal
Mega Man Legends

Honorable mention: Wipeout, Lunar, Legacy of Kain, Rayman, and Spyro the Dragon

Posted in PlayStation Classic games list, size difference, specs and everything else we know

Killerbee

2 hours ago

Great machine and I definitely got my money’s worth out of it, even with having bought a 32GB memory card on top of the price of the console.

But... I just don’t play it as often as I used to, mainly down to not really playing games on the go like I used to a decade ago. Now, I’m on my iPhone instead (And most likely not actually playing games) and the Vita actually gets more use as an alternative to the PS4 when the main tv is in use by my wife or kids.

Sad to see it reach the end of its life, but I’m also comforted by the fact I’ve got a load of great PS+ games in my backlog of shame to keep me playing for a few more years at least.

Posted in No plans for a Vita successor, Sony says

TaffmanG

@Hackers76 you’re right. Pre ordering FIFA does seem a bit crazy. 😜

Posted in FIFA 19 in-game message warns FUT players against coin distribution

Jimbohay

2 hours ago

I'd have to agree that comparatively, it's not the best online service out there. But then comparatively it's considerably cheaper. From a business point of view, Nintendo have been quite upfront that the online service will be free until the have a more solid platform in place. I know from playing splatoon in the past few months that there are a fair few disconnections that kick you out while waiting for a game to start. So at the least I'd hope to see that fixed.

I don't have a problem with them charging for an online service as they are a business providing the backend for said online service at their expense so it's perfectly fair for them to charge for that facility. That's why the other consoles do it. But my biggest issue with it is the crappy voice comms facilities. Using a separate mobile or tablet to talk to people is just clunky and nasty. Make something that plugs into the pro controller. I get that the joy cons are not good for a Microsoft like headset bit the pro controller is. Or even better, just my a cordless Bluetooth headset that works with it when docked and can be connected to the USB-c port when in handheld that also recharges it at the same time or just powers it like a regular plug in headset.

Moaning aside, hopefully the "bonus content" and the NES library will grow quickly and I seriously hope the online play will be solid and stable.

TwinsUltra64

2 hours ago

I love his work for Final Fantasy, get well soon.

Brainflowers

@Blackmarsh63

I'm 33 alas, but thanks!

My post was tongue in cheek. But in seriousness I do love my Vita.

Posted in No plans for a Vita successor, Sony says

liveswired

2 hours ago

It's amazing how much Switch online has been downgraded since Wii U.

In many ways Wii U online featured service as good as Xbox Live, Miiverse added additional fun, throw in Web calling people if you could be bothered and it was excellently executed - No doubt due to its Origin core.

Nintendo will regret choosing weaker Tegra X1 hardware than Wii U. The fact is the Wii U wasn't even breaking a sweat and could handle VOIP unlike Switch that doesn't have the power to do it.

Blackmarsh63

2 hours ago

@Brainflowers You don't sound old enough to drink.

Posted in No plans for a Vita successor, Sony says

Magog14

2 hours ago

Having to use a phone for voice chat is absolutely unforgivable and should automatically disqualify any switch online game from an Essential rating.

seasidebaz

2 hours ago

This must be Ritaora’s fizzy sibling

Posted in Zeraora, the last Pokémon coming to the 3DS, is releasing soon

Bickle2

2 hours ago

@Skyclad because they know their cult will buy whatever they put out

Hackers76

2 hours ago

Completely off topic but need some help. I have FIFA pre ordered and 40gb downloaded onto my hdd. Am I right if I want to play it now via EA Access I need to download it again? Seems a bit crazy, am I missing something?

Posted in FIFA 19 in-game message warns FUT players against coin distribution

01011001

3 hours ago

might download bomberman and play through the campaign in coop

Posted in Ghost Recon Wildlands free for Xbox Gold subscribers this weekend

Gizmopop

3 hours ago

@jabberwocky The system was aimed at mobile gaming. It, like the PSP before it, the DS and the 3DS had the suspend feature which let you pause your game and instantly return to the spot you left off. The only game modes that didn't support this were online PVP for obvious reasons.
That's how I tackled Uncharted:Golden Abyss, Killzone Mercenary, AC:Liberation...

Posted in No plans for a Vita successor, Sony says

Bickle2

3 hours ago

@sremick Because they’re incompetent. They and the third parties do t want to spend the money to patch the games and servers. Plus it’s hard, and deals with the internet

Xeall

3 hours ago

@darrenskinner swish. Thanks for that. Pre-order done.

Posted in Devil May Cry 5's third playable character is V

Eaton_Corvinus

3 hours ago

@Return-of-Jafar

Ye, free to play this weekend. And it‘s also free to play on PS.

Posted in Ghost Recon Wildlands free for Xbox Gold subscribers this weekend

Mandroid80

3 hours ago

It's $20? I dont know what kind of service your expecting for that price. People here are bitching like they're charging what competitors do. As of now we get a nes library that will see more releases in the coming months and obviously theyre back catalog of games from other past consoles by next year.

spookyxelectric

3 hours ago

I hope he fully recovers. While I’ve enjoyed other game soundtracks, his was the first that I thought transcended the genre and deserved to be heard in concert halls. And it has been!
Even if he never scores another video game, I hope the rest does his body well.