Season 5 Reloaded in Black Ops - Cold War: Warzone is just around the corner - and with it a new mid season update with game modes, a limited-time event and additions to Zombies as well.
Packed with new playlists, weapons and a resolution to the elusive numbers with a set of challenges, there is bound to be something for everybody, whether you're a Black Ops: Cold War or Warzone player.
This page outlines the Black Ops - Cold War and Warzone Season 5 Reloaded release date and time and everything you have to look forward to during this mid-season update.
On this page:
- When does Black Ops - Cold War, Warzone Season 5 Reloaded start? Season 5 Reloaded release date in UK / BST, CEST, EDT and PDT explained
- Warzone Season 5 Reloaded preload times in UK / BST, CEST, EDT and PDT explained
- What's new in the Season 5 Reloaded update in Black Ops: Cold War and Warzone?
- Judge Dredd bundle and skin in Warzone and Black Ops: Cold War explained?
When does Black Ops - Cold War, Warzone Season 5 Reloaded start? Season 5 Reloaded release date in UK / BST, CEST, EDT and PDT explained
The Black Ops - Cold War: Warzone Season 5 Reloaded release date is Thursday, September 9th, with the update going live at the following release times:
- UK: 5am (BST)
- Europe: 6am (CEST)
- East Coast US: 12am (EDT)
- West Coast US: 9pm on Wednesday, September 8th (PDT)
Warzone Season 5 Reloaded preload times in UK / BST, CEST, EDT and PDT explained
The early download for the mid-Season 5 update goes live at the following times:
- Black Ops Cold War: Wednesday, 8th at 5am BST / 6am CEST / 12am EDT, arriving early on Tuesday, 7th at 9pm PDT for Pacific players
- Warzone: Thursday, 9th at 5am BST / 6am CEST / 12am EDT, arriving early on Wednesday, 8th at 9pm PDT for Pacific players
If you're wondering about download sizes per platform, those are the following:.
- PS4/PS5: 5 GB
- Xbox One and Xbox Series X/S: 5.9 GB
- PC: 6.4 GB (Warzone only) / 7.6 GB (Warzone and Modern Warfare)
As per usual, be prepared for the above times to change in case there's any last minute changes or setbacks from the developer.
What's new in the Season 5 Reloaded update in Black Ops: Cold War and Warzone?
In terms on the overall theme, this is a fairly straightforward mid-season update. Season 5 Reloaded is primarily focusing on the Numbers, which have been an enigma for players during the past weeks. Resolution may be right around the corner.
This limited-time event will present a total of nine challenges, rewarding you with a unique melee-weapon if you complete them all.
Elsewhere, you can expect new Warzone modes, Black Ops: Cold War playlists and a few additions to Zombies.
Here's what awaits you as part of Season 5 Reloaded at a glance:
- New operator - Hudson: NATO (in season)
- New weapon for Black Ops Cold War and Warzone - The Sai melee weapon (unlocked through the Numbers Event)
- New seasonal event for Black Ops Cold War and Warzone - The Numbers Event (begins Tuesday, September 21st)
- New Warzone Team Deathmatch mode - Clash
- New Warzone mode - Iron Trials '84
- New limited-time Outbreak mode - Survival (in season)
- New Outbreak region - Armada
- New Outbreak world event - Black Chest
- New round-based map item - Rampage Inducer
- New Onslaught map, limited-time mode Diminishing Light and legendary assault rifle blueprint (PlayStation only)
- New map for Black Ops: Cold War - Zoo (a 6v6 returning map from Black Ops' Escalation DLC, launch week)
- New mode for Black Ops: Cold War - Demolition
- New playlists for Black Ops: Cold War - Rush 24/7 (launch week), Cranked Moshpit (launch week)
- New Judge Dredd, Oktoberfest, Motocross and Ghost Ship Mastercraft bundles
- New blueprint and cosmetics in the Prestige Shop
We explain the Warzone Season 3 best weapons you need to start using, and break down new additions M1916, Nikita AVT and UGR ahead of the Godzilla vs Kong event Operation Monarch. If you want to learn more about firepower from previously, we explain the best Welgun loadout, best Cooper Carbine loadout, best Gorenko Anti-Tank Rifle loadout, best STG44 loadout, best MP40 loadout, best Automaton loadout, best BAR loadout, best Combat Shotgun loadout, best Type 100 loadout, and best Kar98k loadouts.
Judge Dredd bundle and skin in Warzone and Black Ops: Cold War explained?
Judge Dredd, known for the long-running comic book series as well as two films, is now part of Warzone and Black Ops Cold War.
Unlike Rambo or John McClane, Dredd isn't its own operator. Instead, there are two operator skins for Beck.
As with those skins, these aren't tied to a challenge but a purchasable bundle, detailed below:
Tracer Pack: Judge Dredd bundle (in season)
- Two legendary operator skins for Beck: Judge Dredd and Comic Strip
- Three weapon blueprints: Quick Judgement (SMG), Arbitrator Rifle (Assault Rifle) and Lawgiver (Pistol)
- Finishing move: Incendiary
- Weapon charm: Judge's Watch
- Wrist accessory: Book of Law
- Animated calling card and emblem
Make the most out of your time during the second half of this fifth season!
Will you support Eurogamer?
We want to make Eurogamer better, and that means better for our readers - not for algorithms. You can help! Become a supporter of Eurogamer and you can view the site completely ad-free, as well as gaining exclusive access to articles, podcasts and conversations that will bring you closer to the team, the stories, and the games we all love. Subscriptions start at £3.99 / $4.99 per month.