Black Friday 2022 will soon come bearing a number of great deals for the Nintendo Switch. Whether you're looking for the original Switch console, the OLED model, a Switch Lite, or maybe some new games or a micro SD card, we'll have all the deals you'll want to know about in this guide. But for now, we've highlighted the best Black Friday Nintendo Switch deals from last year, and shared what deals we can expect in this year's sale. You'll also be able to find out which retailers will have the best Nintendo Switch Black Friday deals and more.
Bookmark this page as it will be updated regularly with the latest Black Friday Nintendo Switch news. In the meanwhile, you can also check out our Best Nintendo Switch deals page and follow us on Twitter @jelly_deals for all the latest gaming offers.
Black Friday 2022 deals we can expect for Nintendo Switch consoles, games and accessories
Black Friday is one of the best times to snag a cheap Nintendo Switch console. There's usually plenty of Nintendo Switch bundles up for grabs, too. You can also expect discounts on lots of Switch games, as well as Switch accessories like Joy-Con pairs, charging stations and Switch Pro controllers. You can probably expect savings on third party Switch accessories as well, like wired and wireless Power A controllers.
Below you can find a breakdown of last year's deals and the deals we expect to see this Black Friday.
Black Friday Switch, OLED and Lite consoles and bundles
Nintendo Switch stock is still pretty scarce due to the ongoing chip shortage and the situation will have unlikely improved by November. We imagine that there will be fewer standard Switch or Switch Lite console deals in the Black Friday sales, however, we may see more discounts on the OLED model or Switch OLED bundles (depending on stock).
Last year's main highlight was the Nintendo Switch Mario Kart 8 Deluxe bundle. It was available for an incredible £259.99/ $299.99 and included the standard Nintendo Switch console, a digital copy of Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, and 90 days of Nintendo Switch Online. We'll update this page if a similar deal becomes available.
In the meantime, here are the best retailers to check for Nintendo Switch deals and bundles.
Black Friday Switch games:
Although Nintendo games rarely drop in price, we tend to see some slightly bigger discounts across Black Friday- making it the perfect opportunity to stock up on some new Switch games. We'd like to see some of 2022's top titles like Pokemon Legends: Arceus, Kirby and the Forgotten Land and Xenoblade Chronicles 3 included in the Black Friday sale, along with other must haves like The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Ring Fit: Adventure and Nintendo Switch Sports. The new Pokemon Scarlet and Violet games will have just released on 18th November, so we don't expect any major discounts on them.
Last year, there were lots of bargains to be had on Nintendo Switch games in the UK and the US, including some significant discounts on top Switch games like Pokemon Sword, The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD and Monster Hunter Rise. You can see more of last year's Black Friday deals below.
- Pokemon Sword - £30.00 at Tesco
- The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD- £30.00 at Tesco
- Warioware: Get it Together - £29.99 at Currys PC World (was 34.99)
- Monster Hunter Rise - Standard Edition - £28.04 at Amazon (was £29.72)
- Dark Souls Remastered - £17.49 at Nintendo Store (was £34.99)
- New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe - £33.29 at Nintendo Store (was £49.99)
- Pikmin 3 Deluxe - £33.29 at Nintendo Store (was £49.99)
- Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity - £33.29 at Nintendo Store (was £49.99)
- Dragon Quest® XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition - £24.99 at Nintendo Store (was £49.99)
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - $35 at Amazon (was $59.99)
- Hades - $19.99 at Amazon
- Ring Fit Adventure - $54 at Amazon (was $79.99)
- Zelda: Link's Awakening - $39.99 at Amazon (was $59.99)
- Super Mario Odyssey Standard Edition - $37.99 at Best Buy (was $59.99)
Black Friday Switch accessories:
Whether you're after an extra Joy-Con pair or you'd like to upgrade to a Switch Pro controller, Black Friday is a great time to bag a bargain on these Switch accessories. Other things you might like to keep an eye out for are cheap Micro SD cards so that you can store extra Switch games, or maybe even a gaming headset or power bank if you want to play your Switch console while on the move.
Below are some of the best Switch accessories deals we saw during last year's Black Friday sales.
- PowerA Carrying Bag - £14.99 at Amazon UK (was £29.99)
- PowerA Charging Station - £14.89 at Amazon UK (was £19.99)
- DMH Switch Pro Controller - £25.49 at Amazon UK (was £34.99)
- SN30Pro+ 2 Wireless Controller for Nintendo Switch - £47.99 at Amazon UK (was £59.99)
- PowerA Wireless Officially Licensed GameCube Style Controller -£22.72 (was £39.99)
- Hori Nintendo Switch Split Pad - £34.99 at Argos (was £44.99)
- 128GB Samsung Evo Plus MicroSDXC UHS-1 - £13.99 at Amazon UK
- 256GB SanDisk Ultra MicroSDXC UHS-1 - £20.89 at Amazon UK
- 512GB SanDisk Ultra MicroSDXC - £48.99 at Amazon UK
- 1TB SanDisk Ultra MicroSDXC - £142.10 at Amazon UK
- Orzly Gaming Headset with Mic - $29.99 at Amazon US (was $49.99)
- PowerA Joy Con Comfort Grips for Nintendo Switch - $9.88 at Amazon US(was $14.98)
- Voler Carrying Storage Case for Nintendo Switch and Nintendo Switch OLED - $29.99 at Amazon US (was $35.99)
- Officially licensed PDP Gaming Faceoff Deluxe+ Wired Switch Pro Controller - $21.24 at Amazon US (was $27.99)
- PowerA Nano Enhanced Wireless Controller - $39.99 at Amazon US (was $54.99)
- PowerA Animal Crossing Nintendo Switch Protective Case - $13.99 at Amazon US (was $19.99)
- Hori Nintendo Switch Split Pad Pro - $44.88 at Amazon US (was $49.88)
- PowerA Fusion Pro Wireless Controller - $69.99 at Amazon US (was $99.99)
- 8BitDo Pro 2 Bluetooth Game Pad (gray) - $44.99 at BestBuy (was $49.99)
- 8BitDo SN30 Pro USB Game Pad - $22.39 at Amazon US (was $27.99)
- 128GB SanDisk Ultra MicroSDXC UHS-1 - $15.99 at Amazon US
- 256GB Samsung Evo MicroSDXC UHS-1 - for $34.49 at Amazon US
- 512GB SanDisk Ultra MicroSDXC UHS-1 - $54.99 at Amazon US
- 1TB SanDisk Ultra MicroSDXC UHS-1 - $130 at Amazon US
That's it for now, but keep checking back as we'll be updating this page regularly with the latest and greatest Switch deals in the run-up to Black Friday. You can also follow our Jelly Deals Twitter page for more Switch console and games deals.
Will there be any Switch OLED Black Friday Deals?
The Switch OLED is the latest instalment in Nintendo's multi-way family. Since its release in 2021, we've seen some surprisingly generous discounts, with the console's price dropping as low as £285. It seems Nintendo are focusing on Switch OLED stock over its other Switch models at present, so we may see more deals for it in the Black Friday sales, like we did during Amazon Prime Day. Very already has a range of current Switch OLED bundles with Mario titles and Pokémon, which could become cheaper over Black Friday. Be sure to check Nintendo's official store and the likes of Amazon, Currys and Game, too.
What sort of Switch bundles can we expect?
Bundles are the bread and butter of Black Friday and Black Friday sales for a lot of retailers. UK retailer Currys has a track record of a good variety of bundle deals, last year even including a couple of OLED Switch packages (with either Mario Kart 8 Deluxe or Animal Crossing: New Horizons). Amazon and Game also had a few, very worthwhile, bundle deals live, including consoles with The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword or Pokémon: Let's Go Pikachu retailing for a steal at £295.99.
What sort of Switch game deals can we expect?
Nintendo's titles don't usually see any major discounts - but Nintendo's Switch eShop itself is often a good place to find at least some triple A titles for a better price - Hyrule Warriors and New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe both had a whopping 33 per cent off RRP during last year's sale. Amazon, and Very consistently refresh deals, too, so are worth having a look at for any games you're after.
How to find the best Black Friday Switch deals?
Due to ongoing shortages, it is likely that some retailers won't be as liberal with their sale prices this year. However, the best places to look are Amazon, John Lewis, Currys and Very. Console bundles are likely to sell out very quickly, so keep those pages refreshed. Over in the US, giants like Walmart and Best Buy consistently produce good deals, along with Newegg and Amazon.
If you're more into other consoles, we'll also be gathering the best PS5 Black Friday deals and Xbox Black Friday deals. Either way, make sure you're keeping an eye on the Jelly Deals Twitter, where we continue posting new offers all year round.