Konami has released a big update for PES 2020 that adds better faces to the game, among other things.
Players at PES 2020's partner clubs are targeted here, so a raft of Manchester United stars have been given a facelift.
Welsh speedster Daniel James and the massive-haired Tahith Chong are among the Utd players who have new faces. Arsenal's Joe Willcock and Reiss Nelson have improved looks, too. At Barcelona, Ansu Fati, Jean Clair Todibo and Carles Perez have improved faces, as does Bayern's Mickaël Cuisance and Juventus' Merih Demiral.
Here's how Daniel James looked pre-patch:
And here's how he looks post-patch:
Elsewhere, the patch updates player boots, adds new kits, such as Barcelona's third kit, and tweaks the gameplay.
On gameplay, there are a few standpoint changes. Here are my picks from the patch notes:
- An issue where certain phrases in the commentary did not match actual gameplay.
- An issue that prevented obvious fouls from being flagged as fouls by the ref.
- Improved the system that judges which player to put the cursor on in case of a loose ball.
- Adjusted player reactions to loose balls.
- Adjusted the positioning of midfield and backline players when defending.
The response to the patch from the PES community is positive. Over at the PES subreddit, players are saying gameplay feels more responsive (for more on the state of the game at launch, check out our PES 2020 review). It's early days, of course, but Konami looks like it's improving matters.
Will you support Eurogamer?