Weather Week focuses around Pokémon which appear more frequently during rainy or windy weather conditions in Pokémon Go.
Throughout this event, you'll be able to complete the Weather Week research quest and a number of exclusive field research tasks. Both of these will only be available during the event, so, if you want to complete them, make sure you do it before the deadline.
On this page:
'Weather Week' quest steps in Pokémon Go
Below you'll find all of the challenges and rewards for the Weather Week research quest. Since this page contains spoilers, we recommend skipping this section if you want to remain surprised.
It's important to remember this is a timed research quest, so it will only be available during the Weather Week event itself. Once the event ends, you'll no longer be able to access the quest or its rewards.
Thank you to Amiibofan101 from reddit for the help with this information!
'Weather Week' Step 1 of 4
- Catch 10 water, electric or bug-type Pokémon - Rainy Form Castform encounter
- Take a snapshot of a water-type Pokémon - 200 Stardust
- Send 3 Gifts to friends - Psyduck encounter
Rewards: 500 XP, 5 PokéBalls and a Wailmer encounter
'Weather Week' Step 2 of 4
- Catch 15 water, electric or bug-type Pokémon - Rainy Form Castform encounter
- Power up Pokémon 7 times - 3 Pinap Berries
- Defeat 2 Team Go Rocket Grunts - Buizel encounter
Rewards: 500 XP, 7 PokéBalls and a Rainy Form Castform encounter
'Weather Week' Step 3 of 4
- Catch 15 flying, psychic or dragon-type Pokémon - Rainy Form Castform encounter
- Make 5 Nice Curveball Throws - 600 Stardust
- Earn 5 hearts with your buddy - Woobat encounter
Rewards: 800 XP, 10 PokéBalls and a Swellow encounter
'Weather Week' Step 4 of 4
- Catch 20 flying, psychic or dragon-type Pokémon - Rainy Form Castform encounter
- Make 9 Curveball Throws in a row - 1200 Stardust
- Evolve 3 Pokémon - Swablu encounter
Rewards: 1200 XP, 12 PokéBalls and a Togetic encounter
Field researched tasks and everything you need to know about the Weather Week event in Pokémon Go
During Weather Week in Pokémon Go, you'll be able to collect a number of exclusive field research tasks by spinning PokéStops. These tasks can be saved and completed after the event ends, but you can only collect them while it's running.
Here are the Weather Week field research tasks and their rewards:
- Catch 5 flying-type Pokémon reward - Swablu encounter
- Catch 7 water-type Pokémon reward - Tympole encounter
- Catch 7 water, electric or bug-type Pokémon reward - Rainy Form Castform encounter
- Catch 7 flying, psychic or dragon-type Pokémon reward - Rainy Form Castform encounter
- Win 2 Raids reward - Emolga encounter
- Power up Pokémon 7 times reward - 3 Pinap Berries
Thank you to SilphScience from reddit for the help with this information!
Unlike previous in-game Pokémon Go events, the Pokémon which will appear more frequently in the wild as part of Weather Week will actually change during the event itself.
From Wednesday, 24th March at 10am (local time) to Saturday, 27th March at 10am, you'll be able to find Pokémon which prefer rainy conditions more frequently in the wild, such as Vaporeon, Lotad and Stunfisk.
Past 10am (local time) on Saturday, 27th March till the end of the event on Monday, 29th March at 8pm (local time), Pokémon which enjoy windy weather conditions, like Skarmory, Taillow and Pidove, will then start appearing more frequently instead.
A number of Pokémon have also been added to the 5km egg pool as part of the event, which are:
If you're able to see the hatch rates for your eggs, you'll be able to see these Pokémon, along with the chance of you hatching them, added to the 5km egg pool list.
Finally, you'll be able to find Pokémon which prefer rainy or windy weather conditions in raids too, such as Slowpoke and Tynamo in one-star raids or Swallow and Pelipper in three-star raids.
Don't forget - thanks to Remote Raid passes, you can invite a friend to a raid even if they're miles away.
The Season of Legends is here! The latest events include the Great League Remix and Rivals' Week, the latter seeing the debut of Skrelp and Clauncher. With it comes a level cap increase - including the addition of XL Candy, the Legacy 40 Challenge quest and boosts to some XP sources - Platinum Medals, the arrival of Gen 6 Pokémon such as Espurr and changes to the Go Battle League We've recently seen the addition of 'Strange' red eggs and new Arlo, Cliff, Sierra and Giovanni line-ups.
Weather Week event dates and times in Pokémon Go
Weather Week is an in-game event for Pokémon Go which is focusing around Pokémon which appear more frequently during rainy or windy weather conditions.
Both the Weather Week timed research and field research tasks are only available during the event, which runs from Wednesday, 24th March at 10am (local time) to Monday, 29th March at 8pm (local time).
The Weather Week research quest consists of four steps and you'll be rewarded for each individual challenge and overall step you complete. If you want to earn all of these rewards, you need to ensure you complete the Weather Week research quest before the end of the event itself, because, like all timed research, the questline will evaporate.
Enjoy catching lots of Rainy Form Castforms!