Virizion, the grassland Pokémon, has arrived in Pokémon Go.
Like all Legendary Pokémon in Pokémon Go, Virizion is available in five-star raids, so, if you want to add this Gen 5 legendary to your Pokédex, you'll need at least one other trainer to help you take it down.
On this page:
Virizion counters and weaknesses in Pokémon Go
Here's a list of everything you need to know about Virizion's counters and weaknesses in Pokémon Go:
- Virizion type: Grass and fighting-type
- Virizion is weak against: Fairy, fire, flying, ice, psychic and poison-type
- Virizion counters: Moltres, Mewtwo, Entei, Latios, Rayquaza, Togekiss, Roserade, Weavile, Honchkrow, Darmanitan
- Other Virizion notes: Due to partly being a fighting-type, Virizion is weakest against flying-type Pokémon. This means that you should start off any raid with your strongest flying-type Pokémon
Virizion CP in Pokémon Go
Virizion should have the following CP ranges:
- Raid Boss CP - 39,601 CP
- Max normal CP for catching Virizion - 1727 CP
- Max weather Boost CP (Sunny) for catching Virizion - 2159 CP
Thank you to JaceMasood from reddit for the help with this information.
Virizion Moveset in Pokémon Go
Virizion can know a variety of fast and charged moves in Pokémon Go, such as:
Possible Fast Moves:
- Quick Attack (Normal)
- Zen Headbutt (Psychic)
Possible Charged Moves:
- Close Combat (Fighting)
- Leaf Blade (Grass)
- Stone Edge (Rock)
The Season of Discovery is here! Current events, include Season 8 of the Go Battle League, the addition of Raid Achievements. Meanwhile, the last major update saw a level cap increase - including the addition of XL Candy, boosts to some XP sources and the addition of Platinum Medals.
Everything we know about Virizion
Just like the other members of the Swords of Justice, Virizion is inspired by a character from The Three Musketeers, written by Alexandre Dumas, pére. Virizion's particular inspiration is the character Aramis, who is depicted as being the most romantic, yet vain, member of the musketeers.
Virizion's head also resembles a tricorne hat, which were worn by French musketeers throughout the 17th and 18th centuries.
In the Pokémon mythos, the Swords of Justice are known for protecting wild Pokémon during a forest fire in the Moor of Icirrus. As part of this rescue , Virizion used its impressive speed to act as a shield between the wild Pokémon and the fire itself.