The Valentine's Day Collection Challenge will be available throughout the Valentine's Day event in Pokémon Go.
To complete a Collection Challenge you need to catch a specific list of Pokémon during the event the challenge is associated with. The Valentine's Day Collection Challenge contains Pokémon from multiple generations and two legendries.
These Pokémon can be caught by defeating them in raids, finding them in the wild and by completing the Valentine's Day field research tasks. This event also marks the release of the Gen 6 Pokémon Munna and Musharna into Pokémon Go!
On this page:
List of Pokémon and rewards for the Valentine's Day Collection Challenge in Pokémon Go explained
The Valentine's Day Collection Challenge in Pokémon Go tasks you with catching twelve Pokémon across Gen 1, Gen 2, Gen 3 and Gen 5. It's by far the hardest Collection Challenge we've seen so far, because many of the Pokémon can only be caught after you've defeated them in a raid.
Here are the Pokémon you need to catch for the Valentine's Day Collection Challenge:
- Nidoran - Female (in the wild)
- Nidoran - Male (in the wild)
- Espeon (three-star raids)
- Umbreon (three-star raids)
- Plusle (in the wild)
- Minum (in the wild)
- Volbeat (in the wild, one-star raids and field research tasks)
- Illumise (in the wild, one-star raids and field research tasks)
- Luvdisc (in the wild and 5km eggs)
- Latias (five-star raids)
- Latios (five-star raids)
- Alomomola (three-star raids and field research tasks)
Remember - these Pokémon must be caught for them to count towards the Valentine's Day Collection Challenge. This means that evolving an Eevee into either Espeon or Umbreon will not count towards the Collection Challenge.
Completing the Valentine's Day Collection Challenge will reward you with five Silver Pinap Berries, a Lucky Egg and an Egg Incubator.
The Season of Mischief is here! Current events include the Season 9 of Go Battle League, the addition of Raid Achievements, the Misunderstood Mischief research quest and the new Finding Your Voice Meloetta research. Shiny Ditto can also now be found in the wild and this tricky Pokémon is now appearing as new creatures! The Halloween event is now live! You can complete the What Lies Behind the Mask research, evolve Galarian Slowking and compete in the Halloween Cup! Meanwhile, the last major update saw a level cap increase - including the addition of XL Candy, boosts to some XP sources and the addition of Platinum Medals. Inkay and Malamar are now in Pokémon Go!
Tips for completing the Valentine's Day Collection Challenge in Pokémon Go
Here are some tips which will help you catch every day for the Valentine's Day Collection Challenge:
- Since the majority of the Pokémon for the Valentine's Day Collection Challenge can be found in the wild, it's a good idea to use Incense to increase your chances of finding these creatures.
- You can also use a Lure Module to attract Pokémon to a specific PokéStops; using the Magnetic Lure will increase your chances of encountering Minum or Plusle, while the Mossy Lure will attract both the poison and bug-type Pokémon.
- There are a number of Pokémon which you can only catch by defeating them in raids, so, if you have any spare Remote Raid Passes, this is the time to use them.
- To add both Latias and Latios to your Collection Challenge, you'll want to build dedicated teams which will help you defeat them in raids. Try to avoid having any of your Pokémon faint during these raid battles, as this will lower the amount of Premier Balls you receive.
- If you've having trouble finding Luvdisc in the wild, try hatching some of the 5km eggs which you collect throughout the Valentine's Day event.
- Throughout the Valentine's Day event there will be a number of field research tasks, which will reward you with some of the Pokémon from the Collection Challenge list. You may, however, need to visit a number of PokéStops to find the research task you need.
Field research for the Valentine's Day event in Pokémon Go
You'll be able to collect a variety of field research tasks throughout the Valentine's Day event in Pokémon Go. These tasks can be saved and completed once the event ends, but, since their rewards include Pokémon you'll need for the Collection Challenge, we recommend completing these tasks during the Valentine's Day event.
Here are the Valentine's Day event field research challenges and their rewards:
- Send 3 Gifts to friends reward - Illumise or Volbeat encounter
- Use 5 Berries to help catch Pokémon reward - Ralts encounter
- Win 2 raids reward - Alomomola encounter
- Catch 20 Luvdiscs reward - Alomomola encounter
Thank you to SilphSciene from reddit for the help with this information!
How the Valentine's Day Collection Challenge works in Pokémon Go
Collection Challenges in Pokémon Go were released in January 2021 and run alongside certain in-game events. Each Collection Challenge will see you catching a number of Pokémon that, thanks to the event, are appearing more frequently in the wild.
Once you've completed the Collection Challenge by catching all of these, you'll be rewarded with a number of items and progress for your Elite Collector medal.
The Valentine's Day Collection Challenge is running alongside the Valentine's Day event and will be available from Sunday, 14th February at 1pm (local time) to Thursday, 18th February at 8pm (local time).
Collection Challenges can be found on the 'Today View,' which is accessed by pressing the field research button (the little binoculars) in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen. Depending on whether you've been looking at your current field or special research tasks, you may have to scroll to your left.
After accessing 'Today View,' you'll find a list of the Pokémon you need to catch to complete the Collection Challenge. Catching a Pokémon in the Collection Challenge rooster will tick it off the list to keep track of which ones you've caught and which you haven't.
It's important to note that evolving a Pokémon won't count towards the Collection Challenge, which means you can't evolve Eevee into either Espeon or Umbreon. Instead, you'll have to catch them.
Remember - the Collection Challenge must be completed before its associated event ends and it vanishes.
Good luck completing the Valentine's Day Collection Challenge!