Terrakion, known as the cavern Pokémon, has made its debut in Pokémon Go.
A member of the Swords of Justice quartet, alongside Cobalion, Terrakion is a rock and fighting-type Pokémon.
Like all legendary Pokémon in Pokémon Go, Terrakion is available in five-star raids, so, if you want to add this Gen 5 legendary Pokémon to your Pokédex, you'll want to gather a couple of other trainers.
On this page:
Terrakion counters and weaknesses in Pokémon Go
Here's a list of Terrakion counters that will help you defeat it in raids:
- Terrakion type: Rock and fighting-type
- Terrakion is weak against: Fighting, ground, water, grass, psychic and fairy-type
- Terrakion counters: Machamp, Gyarados, Mewtwo, Swampert, Groudon, Kyogre, Latios, Lucario, Rhyperior, Roserade, Tangrowth, Togekiss, Garchomp and Conkledurr
- Other Terrakion notes: Since Terrakion has a variety of Pokémon it's weak against you can easily create a strong team to fight it. Though it's a good idea to start with either a grass-type Pokémon or a powerful psychic-type, such as Mewtwo.
Terrakion CP in Pokémon Go
Terrakion should have the following CP ranges:
- Raid Boss CP - 48,457 CP
- Normal CP for catching Terrakion - 2113 CP
- Weather Boost CP (Cloudy and Partly Cloudy) for catching Terrakion - 2641 CP
Terrakion Moveset in Pokémon Go
Terrakion can use a variety of moves, both fast and charged, in Pokémon Go, including:
Possible Fast Moves:
- Smack Down (Rock)
- Zen Headbutt (Psychic)
Possible Charged Moves:
- Close Combat (Fighting)
- Earthquake (Ground)
- Rock Slide (Rock)
The Season of Mischief is here! Current events include the Season 9 of Go Battle League, the addition of Raid Achievements, the Misunderstood Mischief research quest and the new Finding Your Voice Meloetta research. Shiny Ditto can also now be found in the wild and this tricky Pokémon is now appearing as new creatures! Fashion Week is back! You can now add Furfrou to your Pokédex and battle Fashion Challengers. Meanwhile, the last major update saw a level cap increase - including the addition of XL Candy, boosts to some XP sources and the addition of Platinum Medals. Inkay and Malamar are now in Pokémon Go!
Everything we know about Terrakion
The Swords of Justice work to protect Pokémon from the humans who threaten to destroy their natural habitat.
When a war between humans and Pokémon caused the forest fire in the Moor of Icirrus, the Swords of Justice appeared to protect the wild Pokémon. Together they managed to help all the wild Pokémon escape, with Terrakion manipulating the earth to create safe pathways for them to use.
The Swords of Justice were inspired by the The Three Musketeers, written by Alexandre Dumas, pére. Each member of this legendary quartet represents a different musketeer, with Terrakion being inspired by Porthos. Terrakion resembles an oxen for this reason, as Porthos was the strongest, and largest, musketeer.