The Psychic Spectacular event has returned to Pokémon Go!
This event marks the debut of Inkay and Malamar, two squid inspired Gen 6 Pokémon, into Pokémon Go. Inkay can be found through a variety of means, so make sure you catch at least one to add this Pokémon to your Kalos Pokédex.
On this page:
- Special research update for Psychic Spectacular event in Pokémon Go
- 'Psychic Spectacular' quest steps and rewards in Pokémon Go
- Field research for the Psychic Spectacular event in Pokémon Go
- Everything else you need to know about the Psychic Spectacular in Pokémon Go
- Psychic Spectacular date and time in Pokémon Go explained
Special research update for Psychic Spectacular event in Pokémon Go
Quest steps 4 to 6 are now available for completion and you can learn more about the challenges in our Misunderstood Mischief guide.
According to the official Pokémon Go blog, the next update should arrive on Tuesday, 21st September at the start of the Fashion Week event.
'Psychic Spectacular' quest steps and rewards in Pokémon Go
Below you'll find every quest step and reward for the Psychic Spectacular timed research quest in Pokémon Go. Since this is a timed research quest, you need to complete it before Monday, 13th September at 8pm (local time) to ensure you receive all of the rewards.
This section does contain spoilers, so, if you prefer to be surprised, we suggest jumping to the next section.
Thank you to mrmousepad from reddit for the help with this information!
'Psychic Spectacular' Step 1 of 5
- Catch 10 Psychic-type Pokémon - 500 XP
- Transfer 10 Pokémon - 10 Poké Balls
- Spin a PokéStop or a Gym - 500 Stardust
Rewards: 500 XP, 10 Razz Berries and an Abra encounter
'Psychic Spectacular' Step 2 of 5
- Power up Pokémon 5 times - 10 Ultra Balls
- Catch 20 Pokémon - 5 Pinap Berries
- Make 5 Great Throws - 1 Fast TM
Rewards: 500 Stardust, 10 Great Balls and a Ralts encounter
'Psychic Spectacular' Step 3 of 5
- Hatch an Egg - Bronzor encounter
- Evolve 2 Psychic-type Pokémon - Solosis encounter
- Earn a Candy walking with your Buddy - 1000 Stardust
Rewards: 500 XP, 5 Revives and a Girafarig encounter
'Psychic Spectacular' Step 4 of 5
- Send 5 Gifts to a friends - 1 Charge TM
- Use 15 Berries to help catch Pokémon - Xatu encounter
- Battle in Go Battle League 2 times - Meditite encounter
Rewards: 500 XP, 1 Incense and a Starmie encounter
'Psychic Spectacular' Step 5 of 5
- Battle in a Raid - 5 Hyper Potions
- Make 5 Nice Curveball Throws - Baltoy encounter
- Use an Incense - 1 Lure Module
Rewards: 1000 XP, 1000 Stardust and an Inkay encounter
The Season of Mischief is here! Current events include the Season 9 of Go Battle League, the addition of Raid Achievements, the Misunderstood Mischief research quest and the new Finding Your Voice Meloetta research. Shiny Ditto can also now be found in the wild and this tricky Pokémon is now appearing as new creatures! The Halloween event is now live! You can complete the What Lies Behind the Mask research, evolve Galarian Slowking and compete in the Halloween Cup! Meanwhile, the last major update saw a level cap increase - including the addition of XL Candy, boosts to some XP sources and the addition of Platinum Medals. Phantump and Pumpkaboo can now be caught in Pokémon Go!
Field research for the Psychic Spectacular event in Pokémon Go
You'll be able to collect a variety of exclusive field research tasks by spinning PokéStops during the Psychic Spectacular event in Pokémon Go. These tasks can be saved in your field research collection and completed at your leisure once the event has finished.
Here are the Psychic Spectacular field research tasks:
- Catch 10 Psychic-type Pokémon reward - Abra, Drowzee or Ralts encounter
- Evolve one Inkay reward - Inkay encounter
- Earn 3 Candies walking with your buddy reward - Woobat encounter
- Make 3 Nice Curveball Throws in a row reward - 500 Stardust
- Make 7 Nice Curveball Throws in a row reward - 1000 Stardust
- Make 7 Great Curveball Throws in a row reward - 1500 Stardust
Thank you to Amiibofan101 from reddit for the help with this information!
Everything else you need to know about the Psychic Spectacular in Pokémon Go
The main attraction of the Psychic Spectacular event is the release of Inkay and Malamar from Gen 6 into Pokémon Go. You'll be able to catch Inkay through a variety of means and, once you've gathered enough candy, you can evolve it into Malamar.
Alongside Inkay, a variety of psychic-type Pokémon will appear in the wild, including:
Finally, you'll be able to battle a number of psychic-type Pokémon in raids throughout the event. Inkay, Espurr, Staryu, Chimecho and Bronzor will appear in one-star raids, while Alolan Raichu, Wobbuffet, Medicham and Metagross are in three-star raids.
Psychic Spectacular date and time in Pokémon Go explained
The Psychic Spectacular event in Pokémon Go runs from Wednesday, 8th September to Monday, 13th September - starting at 10am (local time) and ending at 8pm (local time).
Have fun during the Psychic Spectacular event!