Mega Battle Challenge is a timed research quest that is part of the Mega Battle event and the celebration around the introduction of Mega Evolutions into Pokémon Go.
This challenge will see you battling in raids and performing a Mega Evolution, probably on Mega Beedrill, around a number of other Pokémon battle themed tasks.
Since this research quest is only available for a limited amount of time, it's a good idea to know everything about Mega Evolution and the Mega Battle event to ensure that you can complete 'Mega Battle Challenge' before it vanishes.
On this page:
'Mega Battle Challenge' dates and times in Pokémon Go explained
'Mega Battle Challenge' is only available between Friday, 11th September to Thursday, 17th September, beginning at 8am (local time) and ending at 10pm (local time).
It's important to note that this timed research is completely separate from the 'A Mega Discovery' special research, which will always be available to players.
The Mega Battle Challenge is constructed out of four quest steps, with each task and overall step giving you a variety of rewards once you've completed them. The short length of this research quest is due to it being a timed research questline - if you don't complete this quest before its deadline, you'll never be able to earn all of the rewards!
'Mega Battle Challenge' quest steps in Pokémon Go
Below you'll find all the steps and confirmed rewards for the Mega Battle Challenge timed research quest. Be careful though, this information contains spoilers for the entire Special Research quest.
Thank you to redwineandbeer from reddit with the help of this information.
'Mega Battle Challenge' Step 1 of 4
- Battle in a raid - x3 Revives
- Catch 7 Bug-type Pokémon - x5 Poké Balls
- Power up Pokémon 7 times - x1 Up-Grade
Rewards: 500 Stardust, 1000 XP and x35 Mega Beedrill Energy
'Mega Battle Challenge' Step 2 of 4
- Battle in a raid - x3 Revives
- Battle in a Mega Raid - x3 Golden Razz Berries
- Battle another Trainer - x1 Sinnoh Stone
Rewards: 1000 Stardust, 2000 XP and x40 Mega Beedrill Energy
'Mega Battle Challenge' Step 3 of 4
- Battle in 3 raids - Pinsir encounter
- Battle 3 Team Go Rocket Grunts - x5 Revives
- Mega Evolve a Pokémon - x3 Silver Pinap Berries
Rewards: 1000 Stardust, 2000 XP and 60 Mega Beedrill Energy
'Mega Battle Challenge' Step 4 of 4
- Claim reward - x10 Poké Balls
- Claim reward - x3 Max Revives
- Claim reward - x3 Hyper Potions
Rewards: 2500 Stardust, 5000 XP and Roserade encounter
The Season of Mischief is here! Current events include the Season 9 of Go Battle League, the addition of Raid Achievements, the Misunderstood Mischief research quest and the new Finding Your Voice Meloetta research. Shiny Ditto can also now be found in the wild and this tricky Pokémon is now appearing as new creatures! Fashion Week is back! You can now add Furfrou to your Pokédex and battle Fashion Challengers. Meanwhile, the last major update saw a level cap increase - including the addition of XL Candy, boosts to some XP sources and the addition of Platinum Medals. Inkay and Malamar are now in Pokémon Go!
Tips for completing 'Mega Battle Challenge' in Pokémon Go
Here are some tips to help you complete the Mega Battle Challenge timed research quest in Pokémon Go:
- If you're having trouble finding bug-type Pokémon, try using some Incense to draw the Pokémon to you.
- Using a Mossy Lure at a PokéStop will also help attract more bug-type Pokémon to your location.
- Don't forget that Remote Raid passes work on both normal raids and Mega Raids, which means that you can partake in both events from the comfort of your own home.
- Watch for the skies for Team Go Rocket balloons; battling a Team Go Rocket Grunt flying a balloon is the same as battling one at a PokéStop.
- If you need more Mega Beedrill Energy, then complete the 'A Mega Discovery' research quest!
Good luck completing the Mega Battle Challenge before it leaves Pokémon Go forever!