The top hatted Galarian Weezing was the first Galar regional form to appear in Pokémon Go.
Like the Alolan Pokémon, Galarian Pokémon are new versions of old favourites, which hail from the Galar region in Pokémon Sword and Shield. Each one has a new appearance and, more importantly, a new type.
Galarian Weezing is a three-star raid boss and, thanks to its dual fairy and poison-type, you may need a couple of fellow trainers to help you defeat it.
On this page:
Galarian Weezing counters and weaknesses in Pokémon Go
Here's a list of Galarian Weezing counters to help you add this new Galar form to your Pokémon collection:
- Galarian Weezing type: Fairy and poison-type
- Galarian Weezing is weak against: Ground, psychic and steel-type Pokémon
- Galarian Weezing counters: Mewtwo, Espeon, Metagross, Latios, Latias, Goundon, Garchomp, Rhyperior, Dialga and Exadrill
- Other Galarian Weezing notes: Try to start the battle using your most powerful psychic Pokémon to ensure that Galarian Weezing loses a lot of health quickly, before switching to a heavy hitting steel Pokémon.
Galarian Weezing CP in Pokémon Go
Galarian Weezing has the following CP ranges:
- Raid Boss CP - 16,511 CP
- Normal CP for catching Galarian Weezing - 1310 CP
- Weather Boost CP (Cloudy) for catching Galarian Weezing - 1637 CP
Galarian Weezing Moveset in Pokémon Go
Galarian Weezing has a variety of moves, which, thanks to its type change, are quite different to a typical Weezing:
- Tackle (Normal)
Possible Charged Moves:
- Hyper Beam (Normal)
- Play Rough (Fairy)
- Overheat (Fire)
- Sludge (Poison)
The Season of Discovery is here! Current events, include Season 8 of the Go Battle League, the addition of Raid Achievements. Meanwhile, the last major update saw a level cap increase - including the addition of XL Candy, boosts to some XP sources and the addition of Platinum Medals.
Everything you need to know about Galarian Weezing
Since Galar is inspired by Britain, each Galarian Pokémon relates somewhat to the country. Be it the new form for Zigzagoon, which resembles a badger, or Galarian Ponyta, which looks like unicorn - the national animal of Scotland.
Galarian Weezing takes its inspiration from the British Industrial Revolution. It's top hats not just a symbol of the industrial elite, but resembling the chimneys that came to cover much of the British countryside.