Thanks to the Finding Your Voice special research quest, Meloetta can now be caught by every trainer in Pokémon Go.
On this page:
'Finding Your Voice' quest steps in Pokémon Go
Below you can find every quest step and reward for Finding Your Voice in Pokémon Go. Finding Your Voice doesn't have a deadline, due to it being a special research quest, so feel free to complete it at your leisure.
It's important to note, however, that Go Fest 2021 ticket purchases will receive Meloetta candy, rather than a second Meloetta, for completing this research. If you were a Go Fest 2021 ticket holder, but are yet to catch Meloetta, we recommend visiting our The Melody Pokémon guide.
This section contains spoilers, so read at your own risk!
Thank you to Amiibofan101 from reddit for the help with this information!
'Finding Your Voice' Step 1 of 6
- Take a snapshot of your buddy - 1000 XP
- Catch 30 Normal-type Pokémon - Glameow
- Evolve 15 Pokémon - 30 Poké Balls
'Finding Your Voice' Step 2 of 6
- Use 30 Berries to help catch Pokémon - 20 Pinap Berries
- Earn 5 Candies walking with your buddy - 1 Poffin
- Give your buddy 3 treats - Chansey
Rewards: 1000 XP, 1000 Stardust and a Slugma encounter
'Finding Your Voice' Step 3 of 6
- Win 3 Gym battles - Monferno
- Battle in 3 raids - 3 Max Potions
- Defeat 3 Team Go Rocket Grunts - 2 Premium Battles Passes
Rewards: 1000 XP, 1000 Stardust and a Hariyama encounter
'Finding Your Voice' Step 4 of 6
- Earn 20,000 Stardust - Chimecho encounter
- Catch 30 different species of Pokémon - Loudred
- Spin 3 PokéStops - Kricketune
'Finding Your Voice' Step 5 of 6
- Take a snapshot of Meloetta - 20 Meloetta Candy
- Make a new friend - 1 Lucky Egg
- Send 3 Gifts to friends - 3 Revives
Rewards: 2500 XP, 2500 Stardust and 5 Meloetta Stickers
'Finding Your Voice' Step 6 of 6
- Claim reward - 3000 XP
- Claim reward - 3000 XP
- Claim reward - 3000 XP
Tips for completing 'Finding Your Voice' in Pokémon Go
Here are a selection of tips which will help you complete Finding Your Voice in Pokémon Go:
- The 'Evolve 15 Pokémon' challenge is the perfect time to use a Lucky Egg for some extra XP!
- If you want to quickly earn candies from walking your buddy, switch to a Pokémon who will earn a candy for every 1km you walk, such as Pikachu or Skwovet.
- A great way to find new friends in Pokémon Go is to visit The Silph Road subreddit and search for friend codes.
- Keep an eye out for Team Go Rocket balloons for a quick battle against one of the organisation's grunts.
- Don't forget - you can use Remote Raid passes to compete in any raid from the comfort of your own home and your friends can invite you to raids too!
- If you're having trouble finding 30 different species of Pokémon, try using a Lure Module at a PokéStop to attract different creatures to your location.
How Meloetta quest 'Finding Your Voice' works in Pokémon Go
Research quests, which are tasks players can complete for a variety of rewards, were released in March 2018 and are divided into a number of categories, such as field and timed.
Finding Your Voice is a special research quest released on Tuesday, 21st September 2021 and, since it has no deadline, can be completed at your own pace. It's also the seventh in Pokémon Go's series of mythical Pokémon special research questlines, with the others being for Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Victini, Hoopa and Meltan.
Finding Your Voice is divided into six steps and, for each step, three separate challenges that need completing for progression. You'll be rewarded for every individual challenge and overall quest step you complete, with the main reward being the mythical Meloetta.
Players who purchased a Go Fest 2021 ticket, however, will receive Meloetta candy, because they will have access to, or already completed, Meloetta's first special research quest - The Melody Pokémon.
The Season of Mischief is here! Current events include the Season 9 of Go Battle League, the addition of Raid Achievements, the Misunderstood Mischief research quest and the new Finding Your Voice Meloetta research. Shiny Ditto can also now be found in the wild and this tricky Pokémon is now appearing as new creatures! The Halloween event is now live! You can complete the What Lies Behind the Mask research, evolve Galarian Slowking and compete in the Halloween Cup! Meanwhile, the last major update saw a level cap increase - including the addition of XL Candy, boosts to some XP sources and the addition of Platinum Medals. Inkay and Malamar are now in Pokémon Go!
How Meloetta first debuted in Pokémon Go
Meloetta was originally released as part of the Go Fest 2021 celebrations and ticket could catch the mythical Pokémon by completing The Melody Pokémon special research quest, which was released on Saturday, 17th July - Day One of the event.
To obtain Meloetta players had to complete Stage Ten of the quest and, along the way, they were given the choice between Pikachu Rock Star or Pikachu Pop Star, a Meloetta-hatted Galarian Ponyta or Galarian Zigzagoon and a Meloetta-hatted Flygon or Gardevoir.
In keeping with the musical theme of Go Fest 2021, the quest concluded with the player's chosen Pokémon and Meloetta performing as a band.
Instead of receiving a second Meloetta by completing Finding Your Voice, Go Fest 2021 ticket holders will earn additional candy for this Pokémon. If you bought a Go Fest 2021 ticket and haven't caught Meloetta yet, then we recommend visiting our page on The Melody Pokémon research quest.
Good luck catching Meloetta in Pokémon Go!