The Evolve Collection Challenge is one of the Collection Challenges for the Pokémon Go Tour: Kanto event.
Unlike the other Collection Challenges, this one can only be completed by evolving specific Pokémon. This means you need to hunt down their previous evolutions and ensure you have enough candy to perform the evolution.
There are a total of 10 Collection Challenges for you to complete as part of Pokémon Go Tour: Kanto - Pallet Town, Pewter City, Cerulean City, Fuchsia City, Pokémon League, Raid, Research, Trade and Incense. The latter two are different depending on whether you're playing the Red or Green version of the event.
Below you can find every Pokémon in the Evolve Collection Challenge and, it's important to know, you'll have until Sunday, 28th February at 7:59pm (local time) to complete this challenge.
On this page:
List of Pokémon and rewards for the Evolve Collection Challenge in Pokémon Go
The Evolve Collection Challenge is part of the Pokémon Go Tour: Kanto event, though it will be available till Sunday, 28th February at 7:59pm (local time). This Collection Challenge will only be available if you've brought a ticket for the event.
You can only complete the Evolve Collection Challenge if you obtain the Pokémon on the list through evolution, which means you'll have to acquire either their first or second stage evolution first and the correct amount of candy for activating the evolution process.
Here are the 72 Pokémon on the Evolve Collection Challenge list:
- Ivysaur (Bulbasaur and 25 Bulbasaur Candy)
- Venusaur (Ivysaur and 100 Bulbasaur Candy)
- Charmeleon (Charmander and 25 Charmander Candy)
- Charizard (Charmeleon and 100 Charmander Candy)
- Wartortle (Squirtle and 25 Squirtle Candy)
- Blastoise (Wartortle and 100 Squirtle Candy)
- Metapod (Caterpie and 12 Caterpie Candy)
- Butterfree (Metapod and 50 Caterpie Candy)
- Kakuna (Weedle and 12 Weedle Candy)
- Beedrill (Kakuna and 50 Weedle Candy)
- Pidgeotto (Pidgey and 12 Pidgey Candy)
- Pidgeot (Pidgeotto and 50 Pidgey Candy)
- Raticate (Rattata and 25 Rattata Candy)
- Fearow (Spearow and 50 Spearow Candy)
- Arbok (Ekans and 50 Ekans Candy)
- Raichu (Pikachu and 50 Pikachu Candy)
- Sandslash (Sandshrew and 50 Sandshrew Candy)
- Nidorina (Nidoran Female and 25 Nidoran Female Candy)
- Nidoqueen (Nidorina and 100 Nidoran Male Candy)
- Nidorino (Nidoran Male and 25 Nidoran Male Candy)
- Nidoking (Nidorino and 100 Nidoran Male Candy)
- Clefable (Clefairy and 50 Clefairy Candy)
- Ninetails (Vulpix and 50 Vulpix Candy)
- Wigglytuff (Jigglypuff and 50 Jigglypuff Candy)
- Golbat (Zubat and 25 Zubat Candy)
- Gloom (Oddish and 25 Oddish Candy)
- Vileplume (Gloom and 100 Oddish Candy)
- Parasect (Paras and 50 Paras Candy)
- Venomoth (Venonat and 50 Venonat Candy)
- Dugtrio (Diglett and 50 Diglett Candy)
- Persian (Meowth and 50 Meowth Candy)
- Golduck (Psyduck and 50 Psyduck Candy)
- Primeape (Mankey and 50 Mankey Candy)
- Arcanine (Growlithe and 50 Growlithe Candy)
- Poliwhirl (Poliwag and 25 Poliwag Candy)
- Poliwrath (Poliwhirl and 100 Poliwag Candy)
- Kadabra (Abra and 25 Abra Candy)
- Alakazam (Kadabra and 100 Abra Candy)
- Machoke (Machop and 25 Machop Candy)
- Machamp (Machoke and 100 Machop Candy)
- Weepinbell (Bellsprout and 25 Bellsprout Candy)
- Victreebel (Weepinbell and 100 Bellsprout Candy)
- Tentacruel (Tentacool and 50 Tentacool Candy)
- Graveler (Geodude and 25 Geodude Candy)
- Golem (Graveler and 100 Geodude Candy)
- Rapidash (Ponyta and 50 Ponyta Candy)
- Slowbro (Slowpoke and 50 Slowpoke Candy)
- Magneton (Magnemite and 25 Magnemite Candy)
- Dodrio (Doduo and 50 Doduo Candy)
- Dewgong (Seel and 50 Seel Candy)
- Muk (Grimer and 50 Grimer Candy)
- Cloyster (Shellder and 50 Shellder Candy)
- Haunter (Gastly and 25 Gastly Candy)
- Gengar (Haunter and 100 Gastly Candy)
- Hypno (Drowzee and 50 Drowzee Candy)
- Kingler (Krabby and 50 Krabby Candy)
- Electrode (Voltorb and 50 Voltorb Candy)
- Exeggutor (Exeggcute and 50 Exeggcute Candy)
- Marowak (Cubone and 50 Cubone Candy)
- Weezing (Koffing and 50 Koffing Candy)
- Rhydon (Rhyhorn and 25 Rhyhorn Candy)
- Seadra (Horsea and 25 Horsea Candy)
- Seaking (Goldeen and 50 Goldeen Candy)
- Starmie (Staryu and 50 Staryu Candy)
- Gyarados (Magikarp and 400 Magikarp Candy)
- Vaporeon (Eevee evolution method)
- Jolteon (Eevee evolution method)
- Flareon (Eevee evolution method)
- Omastar (Omanyte and 50 Omanyte Candy)
- Kabutops (Kabuto and 50 Kabuto Candy)
- Dragonair (Dratini and 25 Dratini Candy)
- Dragonite (Dragonair and 100 Dratini Candy)
For completing the Evolve Collection Challenge, you'll receive 15100 XP, 3 Star Pieces and 3 Rare Candies.
Tips for completing the Evolve Collection Challenge in Pokémon Go
Here are some tips which will help you complete the Evolve Collection Challenge for Pokémon Go Tour: Kanto:
- You have until Sunday, 28th February at 7:59pm (local time) to complete this Collection Challenge.
- Remember - you need both the previous evolution for the Pokémon on the Collection Challenge list and the amount of candy required for the evolving process itself.
- Don't forget to check your Pokémon Storage first to see if you have any of the stage one or two Pokémon required for this Collection Challenge. You might even have the right amount of candy saved already!
- When catching Pokémon for this challenge, remember to use Pinap berries to double the amount of catch candy you'll receive.
- Giving a Rare Candy to a Pokémon will allow you to earn more of their specific candy.
- Don't forget to use Incense to attract Pokémon to your location!
- You can also attract Pokémon to specific PokéStops by placing a Lure Module within that spot. There are also three special Lure Modules - Glacial, Magnetic and Mossy - which attract very specific types of Pokémon.
- To save PokéBalls, target Pokémon with a low CP level, especially if you're playing on immediately transferring them for extra candy.
- Keep an eye on the Pokémon radar in the bottom right-hand corner to see which Pokémon are in your nearby area.
The Season of Celebration has arrived! With it comes a level cap increase - including the addition of XL Candy, the Legacy 40 Challenge quest and boosts to some XP sources - Platinum Medals, the arrival of Gen 6 Pokémon such as Espurr and changes to the Go Battle League We've recently seen the addition of 'Strange' red eggs and new Arlo, Cliff, Sierra andGiovanni line-ups.
How the Evolve Collection Challenge works in Pokémon Go
Collection Challenges in Pokémon Go were released in January 2021 and run alongside certain in-game events. Each Collection Challenge will see you catching a number of Pokémon that, thanks to the event, are either appearing more frequently in the wild or are obtained by completing a certain feature of the game - in this case, evolution.
Once you've completed the Collection Challenge by catching or obtaining each Pokémon, you'll be rewarded with a number of items and progress for your Elite Collector medal.
The Evolve Collection Challenge is part of the Pokémon Go Tour: Kanto event and is available for a week after the event to ensure you have enough time to complete it. This means it will be available from Saturday, 20th February at 9am (local time) to Sunday, 28th February at 7:59pm (local time).
Collection Challenges can be found on the 'Today View,' which is accessed by pressing the field research button (the little binoculars) in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen. Depending on whether you've been looking at your current field or special research tasks, you may have to scroll to your left.
After accessing 'Today View,' you'll find a list of the Pokémon you need to catch to complete the Collection Challenge. Catching a Pokémon in the Collection Challenge rooster will tick it off the list to help you keep track of which Pokémon you still need to obtain.
It's important to note that only Pokémon obtained via evolution will count towards this Collection Challenge; meaning any Pokémon caught in the wild, via raids, traded, Shadow Pokémon or ones hatched from eggs will all be exempt.
Remember - the Evolve Collection Challenge must be completed before 7:59pm (local time) on Sunday, 28th February or else you'll never be able to add it to your Elite Collector medal.
Good luck completing this Collection Challenge!