The Defeat All Challengers event in Pokémon Go is a free research quest as part of the Kanto Tour event in February 2021.
Whether you are buying a Red or Green version ticket or neither at all, this gives the event some extra objectives to complete - and, of course rewards which can be useful for completing the event's Collection Challenges.
For ticket holders, you'll also be able to participate in the Kanto Special Research, which differs depending on the version ticket you have purchased.
On this page:
'Defeat All Challengers' quest steps in Pokémon Go
Below you'll find all of the challenges, along with their associated rewards, for the Defeat All Challengers event in Pokémon Go. Before you continue, however, be aware that this section does contain spoilers.
It's also important to remember that this Defeat All Challengers research will only be available during the Kanto Tour event hours and, once it ends, this research quest will disappear forever.
'Defeat All Challengers' Step 1 of 4
- Catch 20 Pokémon - 500 Stardust
- Power up Pokémon 3 times - 15 Great Balls
- Battle 2 Go Tour Challengers - Eevee encounter
Rewards: 5 Super Potions, 20x Eevee candy, 5 Revives
'Defeat All Challengers' Step 2 of 4
- Evolve 3 Pokémon - 500 XP
- Power up Pokémon 3 times - 500 Stardust
- Battle 3 Go Tour Challengers - 500 XP
Rewards: 3 Max Potions, 1 Sinnoh Stone, 3 Max Revives
'Defeat All Challengers' Step 3 of 4
- Battle in a raid - 1000 XP
- Win a raid - Lapras encounter
- Defeat 3 Go Tour Challengers - 1 Star Piece
Rewards: 1000 XP, 20 Lapras candy, 1000 Stardust
'Defeat All Challengers' Step 4 of 4
- Power up Pokémon 5 times - Snorlax encounter
- Defeat 3 Go Tour Challengers with your buddy - 20 Snorlax candy
- Defeat 5 Go Tour Challengers - Premium Raid Pass
Rewards: 1 Lucky Egg, 1 Fast TM, 1 Charged TM
The Season of Mischief is here! Current events include the Season 9 of Go Battle League, the addition of Raid Achievements, the Misunderstood Mischief research quest and the new Finding Your Voice Meloetta research. Shiny Ditto can also now be found in the wild and this tricky Pokémon is now appearing as new creatures! The Halloween event is now live! You can complete the What Lies Behind the Mask research, evolve Galarian Slowking and compete in the Halloween Cup! Meanwhile, the last major update saw a level cap increase - including the addition of XL Candy, boosts to some XP sources and the addition of Platinum Medals. Inkay and Malamar are now in Pokémon Go!
Tips for the Defeat All Challengers research quest in Pokémon Go
With only a day to complete the Defeat All Challengers quest before the Kanto Tour event ends, you have to act fast. Here's some tips on what to look out for along the way:
- Go Tour Challengers replace Go Team Rocket during the event, and can be found by interacting with PokeStops.
- For the first two steps, note you only need to battle and not defeat the Go Tour Challengers to complete those specific quest requirements. This is useful if you are against the clock and want to speed through the research.
- For the 'Defeat 3 Go Tour Challengers with your buddy' step, you should only need to have it in your party, and not have to use them to win battles with them specifically, to progress this step.
- Snorlax and Lapras are rarer spawns during the event, making completing the questline worth it if you're struggling to find those creatures.
- If you only have a little time, it's well worth at least completing the first step, which will see you get an Eevee encounter for the two Tour Challengers battles, and 20 Eevee candy - which is useful for the many evolutions required in Collection Challenges elsewhere.
Remember, if you don't complete this quest in time, it's not the end of the world - there are no exclusive rewards or badges for doing so. Best of luck!