The Bug Out event research tasks are a series of limited-time challenges in Pokémon Go that are themed around, you guessed it, Bug-type Pokémon.
These tasks can be found by spinning PokéStops, alongside the current roster of monthly Research Tasks, which are currently available.
If you're looking for a specific task, then you might have to visit a number of different PokéStops before you get it!
This event also sees more Bug-types spawning the wild - including Venipede, Scyther, and the now shiny Dweeble - as well as Eggs and Raids.
On this page:
Bug Out event research task rewards in Pokémon Go
Below you'll find all the Bug Out event research tasks and their rewards, which are available between Friday, June 26th at 8am to Wednesday, July 1st, at 10pm (local time).
These research tasks can only be collected during the event, but, as long as you're still holding onto them, they can still be completed once it ends.
Bug Out event research task list:
- Catch 7 Bug-Type Pokémon reward - 1000 Dust
- Catch 15 Bug-Type Pokémon reward - Burmy
- Hatch an Egg reward - Scyther
- Make 5 Curveball Throws reward - Pineco
- Trade a Pokémon reward - Shelmet or Karrablast
- Use 3 Berries to catch Pokémon reward - Dweeble
Thank you to SliphScience from reddit for filling in the gaps with the above.
The Season of Legends is here! Current activities include the Luminous Legends X event, which introduces Gloomy, Spritzee and Swirlix, Xerneas and the Rainly Lure. We've also recently seen a level cap increase - including the addition of XL Candy, boosts to some XP sources and the addition of Platinum Medals.
What else do you need to know about the Bug Out event in Pokémon Go?
The Bug Out event has much more to it than research tasks:
- There are increased Bug-type spawns in the wild, including Scyther, Venipede and Dwebble, the latter of which debuts a shiny version.
- 5km Eggs will hatch the above as well as Ledyba for the duration (thanks SliphScience from reddit for confirming).
- There will also be more Bug-types in Raids during the event.
- Using Incense will increase the appearance of particular types of Bug Pokémon, depending on when you use it:
- Friday and Saturday: Nincada
- Sunday and Monday: Wurmple
- Tuesday and Wednesday: Scyther
- Finally, there is a 2x Catch XP Bonus across all Pokémon.
Good luck and enjoy the Bug Out event!