After a short break since May 2020, the monthly Team Go Rocket quest returns, where we once again help Professor Willow investigate why Team Go Rocket are invading the PokéStops.
Completing each step will also reward you with a collection of experience and items that will help continue your Pokémon Go journey.
On this page:
How An Inter-egg-sting Development works in Pokémon Go
An Inter-egg-sting Development, which appeared in October 2020, is the latest in a line of Team Go Rocket monthly quests.
Once you have completed the opening 'tutorial' quest, A Troubling Situation, you will then start the latest Team Go Rocket quest, of which there is a new one which cycles in each month.
This means if you complete the previous Team Go Rocket quest in October 2020, An Inter-egg-sting Development is what will start next. If you don't, and say finish in November or December, you'll jump to that month's quest, and skip An Inter-egg-sting Development entirely.
Don't worry if you miss out on a previous month - they are almost entirely the same in their content and rewards, and is simply designed to encourage players to complete them regularly.
These monthly quests are centred around Team Go Rocket and their horde of Shadow Pokémon, which are invading PokéStops around the world, and sees you face Leaders Arlo, Cliff and Sierra and eventually, Giovanni.
Otherwise, these work the same as other research quests in the game, where you have to complete story-driven tasks in order.
There is no time limit to finishing An Inter-egg-sting Development - and once it concludes, you'll then begin the latest Team Go Rocket quest when it becomes available.
An Inter-egg-sting Development quest steps in full
Here are the quest steps and rewards for An Inter-egg-sting Development. Be warned - there are spoilers below if you don't want to learn both the challenges and rewards for each step of this quest.
'An Inter-egg-sting Development' Step 1 of 6
- Spin 5 PokéStops (500 XP)
- Defeat 3 Team Go Rocket Grunts (500 XP)
- Catch 1 Shadow Pokémon (Meowth encounter)
Rewards: 500 Stardust, 10 Pokéballs, 10 Razz Berries
'An Inter-egg-sting Development' Step 2 of 6
- Catch 5 Shadow Pokémon (750 XP)
- Make 3 Nice Curveball Throws in a Row (750 XP)
- Purify 5 Shadow Pokémon (750 XP)
Rewards: 1,500 Stardust, 10 Great Balls, Larvitar encounter
'An Inter-egg-sting Development' Step 3 of 6
- Defeat a Team Go Rocket Leader 3 times (1000 XP)
- Hatch 3 Eggs (1000 XP)
- Earn 5 Candies walking with your buddy (1000 XP)
Reward: 1,500 Stardust, 3 Golden Razz Berries, Toxicroack encounter
'An Inter-egg-sting Development' Step 4 of 6
- Defeat Team Go Rocket Leader Arlo (1250 XP)
- Defeat Team Go Rocket Leader Cliff (1250 XP)
- Defeat Team Go rocket Leader Sierra (1250 XP)
Reward: 5 Hyper Potions, Super Rocket Radar, 3 Revives
'An Inter-egg-sting Development' Step 5 of 6
- Find the Team Go Rocket Boss Giovanni (2,500 Stardust)
- Battle the Team Go Rocket Boss (1,500 XP)
- Defeat the Team Go Rocket Boss (3 Silver Pinap Berries)
Reward: 3,000 Stardust, 1 Fast TM, 1 Charged TM
'An Inter-egg-sting Development' Step 6 of 6
All three objectives will already be complete granting you 2,000 XP each.
Rewards: 3 Max Revive, 20 Ultra Balls, 1 Elite Charged TM
Thank you to redwineandbeer on reddit for the help with these objectives.
The Season of Mischief is here! Current events include the Season 9 of Go Battle League, the addition of Raid Achievements, the Misunderstood Mischief research quest and the new Finding Your Voice Meloetta research. Shiny Ditto can also now be found in the wild and this tricky Pokémon is now appearing as new creatures! The Halloween event is now live! You can complete the What Lies Behind the Mask research, evolve Galarian Slowking and compete in the Halloween Cup! Meanwhile, the last major update saw a level cap increase - including the addition of XL Candy, boosts to some XP sources and the addition of Platinum Medals. Phantump and Pumpkaboo can now be caught in Pokémon Go!
Other things to know about An Inter-egg-sting Development in Pokémon Go
Here are some tips to help you complete An Inter-egg-sting Development:
- Completing the Inter-egg-string Development quest is a perfect time to get the newly added red 'strange' 12km Eggs, which are rewarded when you defeat a Leader.
- Stock up on Potions and Revives before fighting a Team Go Rocket Grunt, because Shadow Pokémon are far stronger than regular Pokémon. That said, you can usually brute force them with your most powerful creatures, so don't worry too much about countering with types.
- However, Team Go Rocket Leaders are a lot stronger than any of the Grunts, so make sure your chosen Pokémon is good matchup for their Pokémon!
- Once you've made a Rocket Radar you can't collect any more Mysterious Components until its used, so keep an eye on the contents of your bag.
Good luck foiling Team Go Rocket's evil plans - again!