The A Very Slow Discovery event in Pokémon Go celebrates Slowpoke in all its glory with a Collection Challenge and exclusive field research tasks.
Completing the Collection Challenge is also essential for any Slowpoke fan as it will reward you with a special Slowpoke themed avatar item, so get prepared to do some Pokémon hunting.
On this page:
- List of Pokémon and rewards for A Very Slow Discovery Collection Challenge in Pokémon Go
- Tips for completing the A Very Slow Discovery Collection Challenge in Pokémon Go
- Field research for the A Very Slow Discovery event in Pokémon Go
- Everything else you need to know about the A Very Slow Discovery event in Pokémon Go
- How the A Very Slow Discovery Collection Challenge works in Pokémon Go
List of Pokémon and rewards for A Very Slow Discovery Collection Challenge in Pokémon Go
The A Very Slow Discovery Collection Challenge in Pokémon Go tasks you with catching four Pokémon..
Here are the Pokémon you need to catch for the A Very Slow Discovery Collection Challenge:
- Slowpoke - In the wild or from a field research task - 'Catch 8 Water-type Pokémon' or 'Catch 8 Psychic-type Pokémon'
- Slowbro - Evolve a Slowpoke using 50 Slowpoke Candy
- Slowking - Evolve a Slowpoke using 50 Slowpoke Candy and a King's Rock
- Galarian Slowpoke - One-star raids or from a field research task - 'Win a raid in under 60 seconds' or 'Evolve 3 Slowpoke'
Completing the A Very Slow Discovery Collection Challenge will reward you with 3000 XP, 30 Ultra Balls and a Slowpoke Forever Shirt for your avatar.
Tips for completing the A Very Slow Discovery Collection Challenge in Pokémon Go
Here are some tips which will help you complete the A Very Slow Discovery Collection Challenge in Pokémon Go:
- Make sure you use Pinap Berries on every Slowpoke you catch to gather enough Candy for both of the evolutions in this Collection Challenge.
- If you're having trouble finding Pokémon in the wild, use an Incense to bring them to you rather than the other way around.
- Don't forget - Remote Raid Passes allows you to join any raid from the comfort of your own home!
- If you need a King's Rock, make sure you collect the free box from the in-game store, which contains 20 Poké Balls, 10 Great Balls and a King's Rock.
- Encounters for a number of Pokémon in the Collection Challenge can be earned by completing the exclusive field research tasks listed below.
Field research for the A Very Slow Discovery event in Pokémon Go
During the A Very Slow Discovery event in Pokémon Go, you'll be able to collect and complete a number of exclusive field research tasks. These tasks can be found by spinning PokéStops and can be completed once the event ends as long as they're saved in your field research collection.
Since, however, some of the Pokémon encounters you'll earn will help you complete this event's Collection Challenge, we recommend completing them during A Very Slow Discovery.
Here are the field research tasks for A Very Slow Discovery:
- Catch 8 Psychic-type Pokémon reward - Slowpoke encounter
- Catch 8 Water-type Pokémon reward - Slowpoke encounter
- Evolve a Pokémon reward - 1 King Rock
- Evolve a Psychic-type Pokémon reward - Slowpoke or Shellder encounter
- Evolve one Slowpoke reward - 20 Mega Slowbro Energy
- Evolve 3 Slowpoke reward - Galarian Slowpoke encounter
- Win a raid in under 60 seconds reward - Slakoth encounter
- Give your buddy 3 treats reward - Gulpin encounter
Thank you to Amiibofan101 from reddit for the help with this information!
Everything else you need to know about the A Very Slow Discovery event in Pokémon Go
The main attraction of the A Very Slow Discovery event is the release of Galarian Slowpoke and Galarian Slowbro.
Mega Slowbro is also making its debut in Mega Raids, so, if you like Slowpoke, this is the event for you!
As with all in-game events, a number of Pokémon, including Psyduck, Slowpoke, Slakoth, Gulpin and Spoink, will be appearing more frequently in the wild. Meanwhile, the rooster of raid bosses has also been altered for A Very Slow Discovery.
To help you in the latest Community Day, discover the Gible evolution chart and Garchomp's best moveset, as well as every step in Just a Nibble. Elsewhere - the Season of Discovery is here! Current events, include Season 8 of the Go Battle League and the Galarian Ponyta timed research. Don't forget about the upcoming Go Fest 2021 in July! We've also recently seen a level cap increase - including the addition of XL Candy, boosts to some XP sources and the addition of Platinum Medals.
How the A Very Slow Discovery Collection Challenge works in Pokémon Go
Collection Challenges in Pokémon Go were released in January 2021 and run alongside certain in-game events. Each Collection Challenge tasks you with finding a specific number of Pokémon be it in the wild, from raids or through evolution.
Once you've completed the Collection Challenge by catching all of the required Pokémon, you'll be rewarded with a number of items and progress for your Elite Collector medal.
The A Very Slow Discovery Collection Challenge, along with its associated event, will be available from Tuesday, 8th June at 10am (local time) to Sunday, 13th June at 8pm (local time).
Collection Challenges can be found on the 'Today View,' which is accessed by pressing the field research button (the little binoculars) in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen.
After accessing 'Today View,' you'll find the list of Pokémon you need to obtain to complete the Collection Challenge. Once you've found one of the Pokémon, it will be ticked off the Collection Challenge rooster, which will help you keep track of which ones you've caught and which you haven't.
Remember - the Collection Challenge must be completed before its associated event ends and it vanishes forever.
Good luck completing the A Very Slow Discovery Collection Challenge and catching a Galarian Slowpoke!