There is a shiny Magmar in Pokémon Go, but there's more reasons than that to partake in this week's Spotlight Hour.
The world of Pokémon Go is rather quiet today as we wait for the Holiday 2021 event to start on Thursday, 16th December, but you can partake in the Ultra League, Ultra League Remix and continue working on the Stardust challenge - the first monthly challenge for the Season of Heritage.
On this page:
Magmar's 100% perfect IV in Pokémon Go explained
This week's Spotlight Hour is the perfect opportunity to hunt down a Magmar with perfect IV stats.
You can evolve a Magmar with 100% stats into a Magmortar - through the use of a Sinnoh Stone and 100 Magmar candy - you'll be left with a powerful fire-type, which is perfect for the Go Battle League and battling raid Pokémon who are weak to fire-types.
The CP values that correspond to perfect 15/15/15 values are as follows:
- Level 30 (wild CP maximum) - 2052 CP
- Level 35 (weather boosted CP maximum) - 2223 CP
Remember - the wild CP value aligns with your trainer level until you reach Level 30. If you're currently below Level 30, then the CP values will be different from the ones listed above. Since the majority of the player base is now above Level 30 though, we kept to the values above to keep things simple.
The Season of Heritage continues in 2022, along with the XP Challenge and a refreshed Go Battle League. Ongoing are Arlo, Cliff, Sierra counters and Giovanni counters. The major updates in the previous year include a level cap increase, the introduction of XL Candy, boosts to some XP sources and the addition of Platinum Medals.
Is there a shiny Magmar in Pokémon Go?
There is a shiny version of Magmar in Pokémon Go.
This form debuted as part of the Eggstravaganza in March 2018. If you have a shiny Magmar, you can evolve it into a shiny Magmortar, but, if you want a shiny Magby, you'll need to hatch it from an egg.
It's important to remember that the Spotlight Hour will only increase the amount of Magmar spawning in the wild - it has no effect on the shiny rate appearance. This means, unlike Community Day events, you're working with the regular shiny rates during a Spotlight Hour.
What does shiny Magmar look like?
A shiny Magmar displays a variety of pink hues, which is very different from a regular Magmar's yellow and orange design:
Other reasons to catch as many Magmar as possible
It may be a quiet week in Pokémon Go event-wise, but there's still a couple of reasons to catch as many Magmars as possible:
- Be it for the Pokédex entry, Go Battle League purposes or if you've managed to catch two shiny Magmars, this Spotlight Hour is perfect for evolving a Magmar into a Magmortar. You will, however, need both a Sinnoh Stone and 100 Magmar candy.
- This week's bonus is double evolution XP. Make sure to check your Pokémon Storage for any Pokémon which are ready to evolve, because this is the perfect time to collect a batch of XP that you'd usually have to use a Lucky Egg to receive. This is also a great bonus if you're planning on evolving a couple of Magmar.
- Both the Ultra League and Ultra League Remix have started, so, if you've found a perfect IV Magmar, you can easily test it out in the Go Battle League.
- Magmar is a fire-type Pokémon, which means catching them will add progress to your fire-type catch bonus medal.
Spotlight only lasts for an hour - from 6pm to 7pm (local time) - but don't worry if you can't partake this week. Next, on Tuesday, 21st December, sees Snover being celebrated, with a double catch XP bonus!