Season 2 of Fall Guys - the biggest update to the game show battle royale game since it's smash debut this summer - is almost here.
The new season is centered around a Medieval theme - with a variety of new rounds and cosmetics to match - as well as various quality-of-life updates requested by the community.
This page explains the Fall Guys Season 2 release date and a closer look at what's on the way.
On this page:
Fall Guys Season 2 release date and estimated start time in BST, CEST, EDT and PDT explained
The Fall Guys Season 2 release date is Thursday, October 8th - which is also the same date Season 1 ends.
The exact Fall Guys Season 2 start time has yet to be confirmed, though based on previous updates - whether it's hotfixes or larger updates adding things like Jump Showdown - Fall Guys tends to update in the afternoon UK time.
This means it's possible it will go live during the following times:
- UK: 2pm-5pm (BST / UK)
- Europe: 3pm-5pm (CEST / West Europe)
- East Coast US: 9am-12pm (EST / East Coast US)
- West Coast US: 6am-9am (PST / West Coast US)
Of course, they might go for a different time for such a significant update - and we'll amend this page when an official confirmation comes through. Which, going by the official Twitter account, might not be an exact timeframe:
We don't tweet exact times for updates ever since that one time...— Fall Guys ? (@FallGuysGame) October 8, 2020
Real ones will remember pic.twitter.com/uzajnLX1Y9
Either way, as with any new season, you might find yourself waiting for both the download to finish and maintenance time to conclude before you can start playing.
Until then, remember double fame points are active until Season 1 ends - giving you a last chance to complete the season pass, where levels and fame will reset. Your earned Kudos and Crowns, meanwhile, will carry over to the next season.
What's new in Season 2 of Fall Guys?
As only the second season of Fall Guys, this is the first major update to the game since it's summer 2020 debut.
Here's what we can expect:
- New rounds, some of which are centered around a Medieval theme, which are teased to feature the "wildest obstacles yet", such as the delightfully named Thicc Bonkus.
- One of these levels is Knight Fever, an opening level which will see 75% of players qualifying, according to IGN:
- New costumes throughout the season, such as knights, Vikings, dragons, witches and wizards, as well as "exciting collaborations and limited edition swag".
- Nameplates and banners, which provide even more customisation options:
- Costume randomisation, if you fancy the game taking the hard work of deciding your outfit out of your hands.
Our Discord community requested the ability to randomise your costume...— Fall Guys ? (@FallGuysGame) October 4, 2020
So we've just straight up added it into Season 2
You can vote on Community Suggestions here:https://t.co/BWgPYcs9KI pic.twitter.com/KuBwIsRzgx
- A new Battle Pass - at least we assume!
Good luck in Fall Guys Season 2!