Doom Eternal brings the fast-paced action of Doom 2016 back and elevates it even further, betting on light storytelling and more platforming.
As expected, there's also dozens of secrets to find, including runes, toys, album records featuring iconic songs from the series, codex entries, and more.
You're gonna want to hunt as many collectables as possible, since most of them are tied to one of the many progression aspects of Doom Eternal.
This page explains how Doom secrets work, and links to individual pages explaining all Doom Eternal secret locations for each level. We also have dedicated Rune locations and Sentinel Battery locations pages, if you're just after those!
On this page:
How do secrets work in Doom Eternal?
Secrets not only give you additional objectives to complete in each level, but many of them are tied to upgrades and general progression.
For example - predator suit points are used to purchase passive enhancements for the Doom Slayer's new armour, while weapon mods work similarly to the ones in Doom 2016, granting up to two different secondary fires for most of the weapons in the game. Runes also have their return, and you're now able to choose and mix up to three abilities simultaneously.
Toys and album records are merely decorations and gimmicks to display on the Fortress of Doom (the game's new hub section where you get rest and prepare in between missions) while codex entries reveal more snippets of the lore behind new enemies, characters, and the places you'll get to explore during the single player campaign.
Less important when it comes to gunning down demons, but all nice to have all the same.
As well as many secret encounters per level, there's a total of six slayer gates. These are hidden arenas that require a key to access, and will grant an Empyrean Key as reward, along with sentinel crystals and batteries. These can all be used in the Fortress of Doom to access more upgrade points, and some other unlockables like armour skins for your slayer.
Doom Eternal secret locations by level
Here are the Doom Eternal secret locations by level:
- Doom Eternal - Hell On Earth collectable locations
- Doom Eternal - Exultia collectable locations
- Doom Eternal - Cultist Base collectable locations
- Doom Eternal - Doom Hunter Base collectable locations
- Doom Eternal - Super Gore Nest collectable locations
- Doom Eternal - Arc Complex collectable locations
- Doom Eternal - Mars Core collectable locations
- Doom Eternal - Sentinel Prime collectable locations
- Doom Eternal - Taras Nabad collectable locations
- Doom Eternal - Nekravol collectable locations
- Doom Eternal - Nekravol Part II collectable locations
- Doom Eternal - Urdak collectable locations
- Doom Eternal - Final Sin collectable locations
- Doom Eternal - Fortress of Doom collectable locations
Each page of our complete Doom Eternal secrets guide contains a list of every single available secret or collectable for all 13 levels, as well as the hub Fortress of Doom, which include screenshots and descriptions of how to find them all.
Happy demon-hunting, slayers!