Destiny 2's The Dawning sees the return of the game's annual holiday event.
As with previous years, it centres around oven cookie recipes, each requiring ingredients before you can cook them - all of which are generated by killing different things with specific methods.
Creating different recipes is all part of several questlines, including the new And To All A Good Flight quest - which needs the likes of Vanilla Blades, Chocolate Ship Cookies and Eliksni Birdseed recipes and more.
There's plenty more besides - including a few vendors to visit this year with the arrival of Beyond Light's new cast.
Note that The Dawning runs between December 15th to January 5th, starting and ending at the usual weekly reset time.
On this page:
Destiny The Dawning 2020 recipes list
Here's how to make every oven cookie recipe in Destiny 2's The Dawning event, including 2020's new additions:
|Dawning 2020 Oven Recipe||Ingredient 1||Ingredient 2||Recipient|
|Ascendant Oatmeal Raisin Cookies||Chitin Powder||Finishing Touch||Eris Morn, Moon|
|Bittersweet Biscotti (new)||Dark Ether Cane||Balanced Flavours||Crow, Tangled Shore|
|Blueberry Crumblers (new)||Ether Cane||Bullet Spray||Shaw Han, Cosmodrome|
|Bright Dusted Snowball (new)||Chitin Powder||Multifaceted Flavours||Tess Everis, The Tower|
|Burnt Edge Transit||Any combo not listed...||...such as Chitin Powder and Perfect Taste||Rahool, Tower|
|Candy Dead Ghosts||Dark Ether Cane||Flash of Inspiration||Spider, Tangled Shore|
|Chocolate Ship Cookies||Cabal Oil||Null Taste||Amanda Holliday, Tower|
|Classic Butter Cookie (new)||Taken Butter||Superb Texture||Eva, The Tower|
|Dark Chocolate Motes||Taken Butter||Null Taste||The Drifter, Tower|
|Eliksni Birdseed||Ether Cane||Personal Touch||Hawthorne (Louis), Tower|
|Etheric Coldsnaps (new)||Chitin Powder||Electric Flavour||Variks, Europa|
|Gentleman's Shortbread||Ether Cane||Perfect Taste||Devrim Kay, EDZ|
|Gjallardoodles||Ether Cane||Delicious Explosion||Zavala, Tower|
|Ill-Fortune Cookies||Dark Ether Cane||Impossible Heat||Petra Venj, Dreaming City|
|Infinite Forest Cake||Vex Milk||Impossible Heat||Failsafe, Nessus|
|Lavender Ribbon Cookies||Vex Milk||Personal Touch||Saint-14, Mercury|
|Strange Cookies||Taken Butter||Electric Flavour||Xur (location changes weekly)|
|Telemetry Tapioca||Vex Milk||Bullet Spray||Banshee-44 (Gunsmith), Tower|
|Thousand-Layer Cookie||Taken Butter||Delicious Explosion||Riven, Last Wish raid|
|Traveler Donut Holes||Cabal Oil||Flash of Inspiration||Ikora Rey, Tower|
|Vanilla Blades||Cabal Oil||Sharp Flavour||Shaxx, Tower|
Thanks to albatkross0108 on reddit for helping explain this year's new additions.
As well as the above, here are recipes for legacy vendors who are no longer in Destiny, in case they are useful:
|Legacy Oven Recipe||Ingredient 1||Ingredient 2||Recipient|
|Alkane Dragee Cookies||Chitin Powder||Bullet Spray||Sloane, Titan|
|Fractal Rolls||Vex Milk||Pinch of Light||Vance, Mercury|
|Fried Sha-dough||Dark Ether Cane||Superb Texture||Visage of Calus, Tribute Hall|
|Hackberry Tart||Cabal Oil||Multifaceted Flavours||Benedict 99-40, Tower|
|Hot Crossfire Buns||Ether Cane||Balanced Flavours||Ada-1, Tower|
|Javelin Mooncake||Chitin Powder||Sharp Flavor||Ana Bray, Mars|
|Radiolarian Pudding||Vex Milk||Electric Flavour||Asher Mir, Io|
Destiny The Dawning 2020 ingredients list, including Flash of Inspiration
To craft the above Holiday Oven recipes, you need to source Dawning Ingredients. These are dropped from performing different types of kills.
Unlike recipes, these have been unchanged from previous years:
|Dawning 2020 ingredient||Source|
|Balanced Flavours (new)||Scout, Sniper, Pulse or Bow kills|
|Bullet Spray||Automatic kills|
|Cabal Oil||Cabal kills|
|Chitin Powder||Hive kills|
|Dark Ether Cane||Scorn kills|
|Delicious Explosion||Explosive kills|
|Electric Flavour||Arc kills|
|Ether Cane||Fallen kills|
|Finishing Touch (new)||Finisher kills|
|Flash of Inspiration||Generating Orbs of Light|
|Impossible Heat||Solar kills|
|Multifaceted Flavours (new)||Multi-kills|
|Null Taste||Void kills|
|Perfect Taste||Precision kills|
|Personal Touch||Melee kills|
|Pinch of Light (new)||Orbs of Light|
|Sharp Flavour||Sword hills|
|Superb Texture (new)||Super kills|
|Taken Butter||Taken kills|
|Vex Milk||Vex kills|
You then need to get a third ingredient - 15 Essence of Dawning - to craft the recipe.
You earn Essence of Dawning from completing activities and Bounties from Eva. If you're looking for a fast method to get these, then continue on to the penultimate bullet point in the following section...
Season of the Lost is here, with new Exotics such as the Ager's Scepter and the long-awaited arrival of crossplay. New activities include the Wayfinders Voyage, the Astral Alignment activity and finding Atlas Skew, Trivial Mystery, Enigmatic Mystery, Parallax Trajectory and Ascendant Anchor locations. Elsewhere, we've seen new Nightfall weapons such as the Uzume RR4, Plug One.1 and Hung Jury SR4. Other recent new features include transmog and materials Synthstrand, Synthcord and Synthweave, the Splicer Gauntlet and Decrypted Data used to upgrade it.
Everything else you need to know about Destiny's The Dawning event
All the above tables is pretty much everything you need to know about this year's event. However, here's some additional tidbits that might help:
- The main objectives in 2020 is collecting and upgrading the Starfarer 7M ship by starting and progressing through the All to a Good Fight questline. Completing this will also reward you with the Glacioclasm fusion rifle.
- A secondary objective is when you bake one of every recipe, the Dawning oven will be masterworked - making future recipes cheaper to bake.
- There are a few recipes and cookies for vendors that aren't always around in the game - such as Xur - so masterworking and getting every Triumph will take a bit of patience.
- As before, Burnt Edge Transit is the cookie you receive when you combine 'wrong' ingredients. If it's anything like previous years, you need to do this before you complete every recipe, as when you masterwork the oven, you cannot then make a Burnt Edge Transit.
- As with every seasonal event, there are a series of time-limited Triumphs to unlock before it concludes. The vast majority of these involving creating one of each recipe type and handing it over to the respective vendor. You also need to fully repair the Alpine Dash sparrow as part of the new quest.
- Essence of Dawning drops from pretty much every activity in the game. However, if you want a farming method, the following video from Ehroar recommends completing Legend Lost Sectors - the higher difficulty challenge introduced in Beyond Light - which is also useful if you want to grab certain new Exotics:
- If you plan to do everything in The Dawning and are not sure where to start with the many recipes, we recommend just playing the game as you normally would, and seeing what ingredients arrive in your lap. For example, completing Bounties for other events - such as Gambit - will naturally force you to use a variety of elements and weapons, and have you face a variety of adversaries naturally. Then, you can work out the things you then need to source to complete the remaining Triumphs.
Enjoy the holiday event!