Microsoft has unveiled the list of Xbox 360 games and accessories that will be available on December 2, the same day that the next-generation console launches in Europe.
Topping the bill are Rare's action adventure Kameo: Elements of Power and shooter Perfect Dark Zero. Project Gotham Racing 3 will also hit the shelves on launch day, along with Activision's Call of Duty 2, Tony Hawk's American Wasteland and Quake 4, plus Condemned: Criminal Origins from Sega.
Electronic Arts will publish four sports titles on December 2 - FIFA 06, Madden NFL 06, NBA Live 06 and Tiger Woods PGA Tour 06 - along with Need for Speed: Most Wanted.
2K Sports' snowboarding sim Amped 3 will also get a launch day release, as will Ubisoft's movie tie-in, Peter Jackson's King Kong.
Microsoft has confirmed that all the titles on the list will be available "on or before the console launch," billing the line-up as "the broadest and deepest retail launch line-up in console history."
However, three key titles are missing from the list - namely Dead or Alive 4, Elder Scrolls: Oblivion and Ridge Racer 6. These are due to hit stores "in the weeks after launch and beyond," according to Microsoft.
Accessories on sale come December 2 will include Xbox 360 faceplates, wireless and wired controllers, a rechargeable battery pack, a wireless networking adapter and headset. Consumers will also be able to pick up a universal media remote and a variety of connection cables, and those who have purchased the "core" system can buy a 20GB hard drive or 64MB memory unit separately. The core system will retail for GBP 209.99, while the hard drive-bundled console will be priced at GBP 279.99.
Xbox 360 owners will also be able to access the Xbox Live Arcade from launch day, with "between 12-15 bite-sized game titles" available. These will include strategy, retro, action, puzzle and board games, and users will have the option to download trial versions of each title.
"The next generation of gaming begins on 2 December in Europe, and there has never been a more exciting time to be a gamer. Xbox 360 will deliver mind-blowing experiences across multiple genres, no matter what your personal gaming preferences are," said Microsoft's Chris Lewis.
"Were excited to be able to confirm this diverse games line-up for day one, but its only the beginning. Gamers everywhere will be overwhelmed with the pipeline of amazing Xbox 360 games yet to come."
Here's the list of launch titles in full:
- Amped 3 (2K Sports)
- Call of Duty 2 (Activision)
- Condemned: Criminal Origins (SEGA)
- FIFA 06: Road to FIFA World Cup (Electronic Arts)
- GUN (Activision)
- Kameo: Elements of Power (Microsoft Game Studios)
- Perfect Dark Zero (Microsoft Game Studios)
- Peter Jacksons King Kong: The Official Game of the Movie(Ubisoft)
- Madden NFL 06 (Electronic Arts)
- NBA Live 06 (Electronic Arts)
- Need for Speed: Most Wanted (Electronic Arts)
- Project Gotham Racing 3 (Microsoft Game Studios)
- Quake 4 (Activision, id software and Raven Software Corp.)
- Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 06(Electronic Arts)
- Tony Hawks American Wasteland (Activision)
The 13 Xbox 360 Accessories available on launch day:
- Xbox 360 Hard Drive (20 GB)
- Xbox 360 Memory Unit (64 MB)
- Xbox 360 Faceplate
- Xbox 360 Wireless Controller
- Xbox 360 Controller
- Xbox 360 Play & Charge Kit
- Xbox 360 Rechargeable Battery Pack
- Xbox 360 Wireless Networking Adapter
- Xbox 360 Headset
- Xbox 360 Universal Media Remote
- Xbox 360 Component HD AV Cable
- Xbox 360 Advanced AV Cable
- Xbox 360 VGA HD AV Cable