Season 5 in Black Ops - Cold War: Warzone is almost here - and with it an array of new game modes, maps and unique additions to Zombies as well.
Packed with a new mode reminiscent to Among Us, unique playlists, weapons and many additions to Zombies, there is tonnes to be excited for, whether you're a Black Ops: Cold War or Warzone player.
This page outlines the Black Ops - Cold War and Warzone Season 5 release time and everything you have to look forward to during this mid-season update.
On this page:
Black Ops - Cold War and Warzone Season 5 release time in BST, CEST, EDT and PDT explained
The Black Ops - Cold War: Warzone Season 5 release date is Friday, August 13th.
Unlike previous seasons, where updates would roll out on Thursdays (or Wednesdays if you're in West Coast US), developer Raven announced on Twitter that this was pushed back one day.
As such, the release time is as follows:
- UK: 5am (BST)
- Europe: 6am (CEST)
- East Coast US: 12am (EDT)
- West Coast US: 9pm on Thursday, August 12th (PDT)
In case you were wondering about the Warzone download sizes, you can find them below:
- PS5: 13.7 GB
- PS4: 13.7 GB
- Xbox Series X/S: 13.2 GB
- Xbox One: 13.2 GB
- PC: 19.3 GB (Warzone only) - 21.7 GB (Warzone and Modern Warfare)
As per usual, be prepared for the release times to change in case there's any last minute changes or setbacks from the developer.
Warzone Reloaded is here! Recent additions include the EM2 and TEC-9. Elsewhere, learn our recommendations for the best weapons across the game, including assault rifles and popular choices such as the AMAX, C58, MG 82, OTs 9, FARA 83, Stoner 63, AK-47, Bullfrog, PPSh-41 and Swiss K31.
What's new in the Season 5 update in Black Ops - Cold War and Warzone?
Zombies had their spotlight in the Season 4 Reloaded update. Now, double agents have infiltrated the ranks, and a espionage race has kicked off.
As per usual, Black Ops: Cold War players receive new modes and playlists. The standout is called Double Agent, which puts up to ten players in a match with assigned roles.
Double Agents are there to either eliminate everyone without being noticed or set off explosive charges around the map. The Investigator can use clues to target suspected Double Agents as Wanted criminals. In the meantime, Operatives have to work together to identify and eliminate the agents.
Alongside map updates and two new perks, Warzone will have four new weapons that arrive to Cold War as well. In addition, expect a Red Doors event around mid-season.
At a glance, here's what you can expect as part of Season 5:
- Three new operators - Kitsune: Warsaw Pact (launch), Stryker: NATO (in season) and Hudson: NATO (in season)
- Four new weapons for Black Ops Cold War and Warzone - EM2: assault rifle (launch week), TEC-9: SMG (launch week), Marshal: secondary weapon (in season) and the Cane melee weapon (in season)
- New Warzone mode - Clash (in season)
- New Warzone Red Door events (mid season)
- New Warzone exclusive perks - Combat Scout and Tempered
- New Warzone points of interest - Mobile Broadcast Stations and [redacted]
- New Gulag - Rush
- Battle Pass and Store Bundle Gifting arrives to Warzone
- New Zombies perk - Death Perception (launch week)
- New Zombies field upgrade - Tesla Storm (launch week)
- New Zombies support weapon - Flamethrower (launch week)
- New Ikari EggXit bonus map in Dead Ops Arcade 3
- New Intel to be found across Outbreak and Onslaught
- New Outbreak region - Collateral (launch week)
- New Outbreak objective - Transport (launch week)
- New Outbreak vehicle - Tank (launch week)
- New Outbreak crafting item - Grapple Gun (launch week)
- New Onslaught map - Echelon (PlayStation exclusive)
- New Onslaught limited-time mode and new weapon arriving in season (PlayStation exclusive)
- New mode for Black Ops: Cold War - Double Agent (launch week)
- New classic mode debuts in Black Ops: Cold War - Demolition (in season)
- New playlists for Black Ops: Cold War - Echelon (6v6l, launch week), Slums (launch week), Showroom (2v2 and 3v3, launch), Drive-In (6v6, in season), Zoo (6v6, in season)
- New scorestreak for Black Ops: Cold War - The Flamethrower (launch week)
Have fun during season five!