E3 2021: Summer Game Fest live report

Elden Ring? Elden Ring! Seriously tho, Elden Ring.

This year's slightly disparate, slightly odd E3 kicks off in earnest with Geoff Keighley's all-singing all-dancing Summer Game Fest. Here's all the news as it happened.

Our live coverage of this event has finished.

Well hello there!

And welcome to the start of this year's E3, I guess?

Normally we know it's started when everyone heads to the Saddle Ranch on the Sunset Strip for some jetlagged drinks as soon as everyone's got off the plane.

But now instead of being in sunny Los Angeles I'm in, er, Lewisham. Which is still quite sunny!

Despite it being just a little bit different this year, I'm still excited. I mean, I'm almost always excited, but for the lack of a physical show and the likelihood the ongoing adjustements the industry is making to new working conditions brought about by the pandemic meaning it'll likely be light on big new announcements...

IT'S STILL VIDEOGAME CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

And already expectations are getting out of check.

What will we see tonight? Elden Ring? Valve's new handheld? SHENMUE 4?!?!?!

Or will it be a dismal marketing exercise stretched out over two hours with a handful of CG trailers?

ONLY ONE WAY TO FIND OUT! By sitting here and getting increasingly despondent at the tiny window on my computer screen for the next two hours.

It's going to be great!

(also not to get your hopes up but Elden Ring does look likely tonight - though I'd imagine it'll just be a tease ahead of Bamco Nandos own show early next week).

PickledShogun says:

My money is on "dismal marketing exercise stretched out over two hours with a handful of CG trailers"

You might be winning big tonight!

Bertie says:

ERM isn't video game two words Martin

Shhh don't tell anyone but I always prefer it as videogame...

DesignationDDDirtyD says:

Incredibly Tim Heidecker energy in that pic of Geoff at the top. Game Awards needs their own version of Oscar Fever.

I have only recently got into On Cinema recently and oh my what a treat it is.

Anyone want to toss in some predictions of their own?

PickledShogun says:

Silent Hill remake

I live in hope...

covfan says:

Hoping for a remake of A Dogs Life

Oh god I really do live in hope.

I think I'm most excited for Geoff's outfit.

I reckon he might try and pull off a hoodie and a blazer all at once.

The absolute nutter.

HERE! WE! GO!

I wonder how quickly until my energy levels dip.

I give it until the inevitable unnecessary music number turns up.

Blazer, t-shirt and sneakers for Geoff, with what looks like a pastel colour t-shirt (alright it might not be pastel I'm colourblind give me a break).

Geoff Goldblum will be here! Geoffcarlo Esposito too!

Fingers crossed for a Wimpy Jeff cameo too please.

We're starting with a proper reveal, which is a cracking way to set things off.

I mean, it's a reveal of a Gearbox game... But you can't have everything.

This doesn't look like Brothers in Arms.

It's a Borderlands spin-off, and I'm way, way too British for this sense of humour. Sorry!

Tiny Tina's Wonderlands, coming early next year.

It is a looter shooter like Borderlands, but high fantasy.

Ultimately though that was a CG trailer reveal.

ONWARDS!

A new reveal, and another world premiere.

It's METAL SLUG!

But...

Actually, no but. It's turn-based, and I'm fine with that!

Final Fantasy Tactics meets the incredible artwork of Metal Slug?

Well, consider me sold.

I am BEYOND excited for Metal Slug Tactics.

It's being developed by French outfit Leikir Studio, rather than internally at SNK.

Well here's Geoff asking Koj whether he's had his vaccine yet in what's set to be the next instalment in their bizarre bromance, which plays out on an annual basis through these stilted exchanges.

Japan only has a 10 per cent vaccine uptake atm, which is slighlty nuts.

Is anything going to happen in this segment?

No would seem to be the answer.

ONE MORE THING!

It's Death Stranding for PS5.

Or is it?????!!!!

Heavy allusions to Metal Gear Solid, from cardboard boxes to the music from Outer Heaven.

All done in an overly long, none-too-subtle and very drawn out section.

KOJIMA!

Oh yeah it is just Death Stranding on PS5. As you were.

UP NEXT!

Geoff Goldblum.

What other Geoffs would you love to see tonight?

Capes is all I've got.

Sorry.

It's been a long few days.

This got shit quickly though didn't it?

Here's a CG trailer to keep us going though.

Something about dinosaurs.

Oh, Jurassic Park Evolution 2. There you go!

Here's that musical interlude I warned you all about. To the kitchen!

It's Japanese Breakfast, performing a song from the Sable soundtrack.

Sable being the absolutely gorgeous Moebius-inspired sci-fi game that's coming soon - we'll have plenty more about it on the site soon.

But also Japanese breakfasts are really poor.

Like pickles and soup and whatnot.

The disappointment from westerners when you see them line-up at a breakfast buffet in Japan is always palpable.

Fish flakes, not corn flakes. What's all that about?

Sorry this has turned into a casually racist 80s stand-up routine. Apologies.

themightyant says:

Cheers @weebleman just cracked one open here

I shall follow suit!

Here's another trailer!

And this one's not CG!

It is an MMO published by Amazon Studios tho...

That looks suitably nondescript.

FattyGlutton says:

Call me a pessimist, but I don't think we're going to see Gradius 6 this evening.

I still believe.

Also, given that not-so-subtle tease back then maybe we will see something from Konami?

I mean I'd take a Xexex sequel.

CalciferJenkins says:

Calling it Death Stranding Director’s Cut seems like an odd choice. I really liked the original, but you can’t tell me there was a single batshit crazy element of that batshit crazy game that didn’t come straight from batshit crazy Hideo himself.

Also does anyone want a longer version of it? Unless it's one of those amazing director's cuts that trims the length.

Something something Call of Duty Season 4.

minmax says:

I’m just here for Martin’s descent into offline boozing and barely concealed contempt for the entire industry :)

Happy to oblige! *takes a sip*

We're onto Call of Duty eSports now!

We've made it to a quarter of the way through though! Well done everyone.

'One thing everyone's been talking about online is who the captains will be' says Geoff.

I'm not on Twitter anymore, but... Is that true?

Ryan Reynolds here, with an Elden Ring joke - lol - and a plug for Free Guy.

The actually-pretty-decent-looking video game movie that was coming out last July then a bit later then a bit later and now is coming out this summer.

PickledShogun says:

I'm not even following the build up to the Euro's so my interest in Warzone eSports is even less.

I can't believe it starts tomorrow! The hype seems to be pretty non-existent?

I played through all of England's qualifying matches with a friend last night in PES.

Which probably didn't help.

ONWARDS!

A new mode for Among Us!

PickledShogun says:

So, how many beers you in for now Martin? lol

Just the one!

A little tiny one.

HERE COMES THE SECOND THOUGH!

Ah wonderful, here's Shuhei Yoshida - who's now the head of indies at PlayStation.

Ah, it's been too long Shu!

Maybe put some pictures up on the wall though?

He might have just moved in, to be fair.

CHICORY!

It's really good, and we'll have a review for you on the site soon.

Sword and Sacrifice, the follow-up to Sword and Sanctuary, is getting its debut here.

I missed the original, to my shame, but this looks bloody splendid.

And bang! Here's a trailer for Solar Ash - the new game from the people behind the brilliant Hyper Light Drifter.

Confirmed for a 2021 release, it looks brilliantly fluid and bizarre. Yes please.

MachoFantastico says:

Are we all a bunch of grumpy old folks?

I suspect so...

Chivalry 2 gets a trailer as it gets released, and we're just getting a Valorant update.

weebleman says:

How longs this on for?

Just under two hours, we believe.

That tease for a new agent in Valorant was a whole lot of shrug.

But behold! A look at the very atmospheric Streets of Tarkov, a forthcoming expansion for Escape from Tarkov.

Which I haven't played, but which I now might do something about after this show ends. This looks kind of brilliant?

I love a moody shooter.

GUNS!

PickledShogun says:

My sister bought me a bottle of Prosecco as part of my birthday present. Even though the hay fever is playing up I'm tempted to crack it open. Never tried Prosecco before.

It's nice!

I wouldn't tackle a whole bottle though...

Here's the new game from Two Point Games - Two Point Campus. It's a CG trailer but I'll take it - it looks wonderful.

FattyGlutton says:

For a moment there, I thought we were getting a sequel to Curiosity.

That would be quite something.

It's got a massive paella in it.

~Sold.

And that's coming in 2022.

A tease for Netflix's forthcoming video game shows - there'll be more on it in a show tomorrow.

I won't be live reporting that. Sorry.

Are they going to do a Gradius show? I'd watch that.

I did actually watch Lensman the other day, the anime which informed so much of Gradius.

I got confused.

NEXT!

It's a Stranger Things game perhaps? I thought we already got one of those.

Oh it's a Stranger Things-themed update for Smite.

LostInBKK says:

SMITE oh dear lordCatch everyone next time

We'll be sure to post everything for you on the site! Have a better evening!

Here's a new publisher in town!

And here's 12 games it's publishing.

Payday seems to be amidst that lot, and a few other familiar games.

So it's actually Koch Media.

bcdcdude says:

Where's my Shenmue IV :(

bcdcdude says:

Where's my Shenmue IV :(

bcdcdude says:

Where's my Shenmue IV :(

And they forgot to announce Shenmue 4 *sadface*

Prime Matter is the name of the publisher, and we also get very brief news that a new Painkiller games is in the works.

NEW IP! NEW STUDIO!

It's a cartoonish, slightly blunt looking four person co-op shooter.

The Anacrusis!

WE'RE ALMOST HALFWAY THERE PEOPLE!

minky-kong says:

Looks like shit sci-fi Left 4 Dead

You said it...

DOM'S CAR IS COMING TO ROCKET LEAGUE!

I can't believe it's only two weeks until F9 comes out.

Anyone else booked the Thursday it comes out off work?

Anyone?

Sod you then. I'm excited!

Sharkmob's Vampire: The Masquerade battle royale up next - again, we'll have more on the site later tonight on this.

samharper says:

Disappointed in the lack of Conor Daly Rocket League DLC after he tried it in real life during the Indy 500

I GET THIS REFERENCE!

BLOODHUNT!

An update on the Dark Pictures series' latest instalment.

We're over halfway everyone! I'm so proud of each and every one of you.

Anyway yeah monsters in Iraq.

A Trails trailer!

Sorry, I've turned this live report on a series of game adverts into an advert for Eurogamer.

Tales of Arise! Out later this year.

mecha-blargh says:

"A Trails trailer! We have something special Falcom-themed coming up a bit later this month on the site."Tales (Bamco), Martin. Not Trails.

Ugh I'm an idiot. It's been a long week!

Though I'll be honest that massive error on my behalf just then did give me a bit of a jolt and woke me up.

I'd recommend making a huge cock up if you're also struggling to stay awake!

PickledShogun says:

I've just noticed that Geoff's trainers match his t-shirt

Ever the professional, our Geoff.

A new adventure game from publisher Thunderful, and it does look absolutley gorgeous.

Planet of Lana, which is now very much on my radar.

For all the snark - and I do apologise for it! - it's fantastic that this platform is being used to bring so many smaller games to attention.

And also Overwatch 2.

samharper says:

If they say nothing about Elden Ring the YouTube chat is gonna catch fire

It'll be the closer, I'm sure.

The enjoyably chunky looking Dungeons & Dragons Dark Alliance gets a not-so-enjoyable celeb playthrough here.

Still, it's out soon! June 22nd, and it'll be on Game Pass too.

I haven't fallen asleep!

I just had to pop back into my house lol.

I don't think I missed much, mind - a Monster Hunter Stories 2 trailer.

weebleman says:

I wonder what geoff is watching in that thumbnail pic.

Koj, naturally.

Ah shit I just got back in time for Weezer. *sadface*

They've been shit since Matt Sharp left. There, I said it.

samharper says:

Please please please play some royalty free music over this

Would be up for that.

PickledShogun says:

Weezer USED to be great.

The first two albums are great!

This is dirge. Aren't they like 50 too?

teddy1590 says:

This has been incredibly underwhelming.

Solid review, that.

Billymatt55 says:

Modern Weezer are the band version of this show; much duller than you expected they'd be

Billymatt55 says:

I was so hung up on Weezer's zero energy performance there I missed Endless Dungeon, which looks fun.

All this and I'm missing some week 13 action in iRacing tonight.

FUMING.

A reminder that we're only a day away from Ratchet & Clank: A Rift Apart's release!

It's Maximum Overdrive's Giancarlo Esposito!

One of the worst things you'll ever have to do as a games jurnlist.

Is the 'celeb' interview.

Witness nothing be said beyond a few parroted lines!

Fall Guys is getting a Nier costume!

This isn't good is it?

A quick ad for Genshin Impact there.

Some ex-Treyarch devs are here to lift the lid on their new studio - Deviation Games.

themightyant says:

I’ll be honest so far this hasn’t been great, but there’s been a couple of small things. Considering they are likely having to deal with the scraps of E3 it’s not much worse than I expected. A couple of (mid sized) bangers could turn it round

Aye, some of the smaller games have been genuinely wonderful - and there's still time for something a bit more headline-grabbing.

They have nothing to show.

Ah, they're a PlayStation studio - first-party perhaps?

CharlieHustle17 says:

@themightyrant if you are looking for a mid-sized banger I have burgundy '99 Renault Laguna I'm looking to get rid of lol

I love Renault Lagunas! Will it look good with the classic BTCC Nescafe livery?

And as if this event wasn't cursed enough.

Here's the music of Sonic Unleashed performed by a live orchestra.

Would anyone mind if I did some heroin? Just to take the edge off.

Fuchs84 says:

Is this the worst gaming event ever?

It's having a crack at the title!

Back4Blood getting a new CG trailer here.

Ah, we are seeing some gameplay - and it does look as entertaining as it did when we first saw it eaerlier this year.

Oh Tunic!

Dear Tunic! I'd forgotten all about you!

This really looks delightful.

There's a new demo coming for EVERYONE to enjoy!*

*everyone with an Xbox

PickledShogun says:

It's no Giant Enemy Crabs, daft Halo tattoos and embarrassing Wii-mote demos is it?

If only we had something so memorable!

PickledShogun says:

Sadly, Martin, I think those glorious E3 days are behind us...

I do miss the chaos of live shows.

This is slick and professionally done - so credit to Geoff and team for pulling it all off, as it's an incredible undertaking.

But it's not getting the heart racing is it?

Hang on, my heart's racing.

It's Evil Dead: The Game.

With Bruce Campbell looking more and more like Morrissey.

Like a less problematic Morrissey.

With a chainsaw for an arm.

It's from Saber Interactive - where Tim Willits is now, which is news to me! - and it looks like a slick and enjoyable third-person action game with its tongue firmly in its cheek.

Which is what you want, really.

Anyway here's Elden Ring.

E3 SAVED.

It looks exactly what you'd imagine a new FromSoft game to look like. With horses and a bit more fancy lighting.

I'm not complaining.

And we even get a release date.

January 21st, 2022.

It's cross-gen.

And I'm sure we'll be seeing more next week.

That went in such a blur I couldn't pick out too many details - I can't wait to watch through the trailer again once this has wrapped.

And oh my god it's about to wrap.

We did it everyone!

themightyant says:

We sat through it, but that was worth it

It was in the end, wasn't it?

themightyant says:

Thanks all and thanks Martin. Whisky time!

Hang on! I thought whisky time kicked off at 7!

weebleman says:

Lets get a bit of applause for geoff. Not the best show but fair play for even getting something together.

Indeed!

Elden Ring stole the headlines, but a shout out to Salt and Sacrifice, Planet of Lana and Metal Slug Tactics which all looked sublime.

And we all get to play Tunic next week! See, it's not all bad is it?

Thanks for joining me here tonight. I'm off to get some rest before the onslaught of shows over the weekend and beyond - hope to see some of you back here then!

Sign in to comment on this livetext.
    themightyant 6 months ago
    Just going back though it all and Martin's hilarious commentary is like going through the stages of grief. Acceptance by the end ;-)
    weebleman 6 months ago
    Ahhh well, tick tock its quiche o clock. Gonna get my snack on. Been a pleasure folks.
    comedyjack 6 months ago
    It makes sense that it's not as pretty as DS remake; I guess it's going for a wider, more ambitious scope so little room for polish
    BluWacky 6 months ago
    I dunno. While I don't think Elden Ring looks bad, it's hardly a SURPRISING looking game, is it? What's so exciting about it other than "more Souls from FromSoft"? Bloodborne and Sekiro seemed to add a more exciting spin on things, but I think I missed whatever set this apart beyond the name and the fact that it's long anticipated.
    themightyant 6 months ago
    Thanks all and thanks Martin. Whisky time!
    teddy1590 6 months ago
    @PickledShogun Was that not at the GameAwards? I remember it being excellent.
    CharlieHustle17 6 months ago
    Talk about a show saver.
    Tankleberry 6 months ago
    People are not bored of Souls games yet I see...
    samharper 6 months ago
    Looks uglier than Demon's Souls, which isn't surprising, but is disappointing.
    We sat through it, but that was worth it
    themightyant 6 months ago
    Jan 2021! let’s gooooooo!
    Bennyjj81 6 months ago
    I just came so hard to that. Thank god for From Software, been a nightmare trying to keep it hard to this point.
    troymb 6 months ago
    not impressed
    Stunning. So hyped for this
    WezGD 6 months ago
    Well. That looks amazing.
    Looks shit
    slowdog1976 6 months ago
    I wish George R R R R R would stop farting about on everything except the GoT books he hasn't finished
    CalciferJenkins 6 months ago
    O̶̡̨̩̤̖̦̰̞̖̜̗͂̀͐͜ͅŎ̶̹͌Ö̸̧͓̘̺̻̼͇̥̹͓͉́̈̉͑̄͛͋̅̄͂͊͘͘͝O̶̡̺̪̤̘̓̄̎̑̌̏̿̈́̉ͅỌ̸̡̢̢̱͔̪̣̱͓̳̟̬͗͒̓̅̓͛̔̆̈́́̈́̕͝Ǫ̷̩͖̤̥͉͙̝̻͉̱̅̏Ő̸̧̙͇̖͗̀̓̍ͅǪ̵̼̙̰͚̲̗͍̼͍͉͖̰̱͇͛̈́͂̎̈́̏̉̀̕H̶̺̞̬̅́̂̌̈̓͑̔͌̒̀̄̄̈́͠H̴̡͔̖̜͔̺̞̓̿̓͛͑̃̿̚Ĥ̷̨̡̻͓̟͙̦̙̰̮̘̭̂̌͋͂̈́́̃̀͝ͅḦ̷̫͉̫̘̼̻̫̟̻͚̬͔͈́̊̈͑̈́̇͋͊̐̓̌̈́͘̕͜͝ͅȞ̷̱̂̇̍̿͝Ȟ̵̨̨̢̛̱̲̝̙͇̥̼̗̕͜H̸̛̻̗̮̺͕̮͖̱̗̺͍̮͓͇̎̏͌̈́̑̇ͅH̴̼̰̖͙͚̤̤̦̙̲̤̐̑́̓͌̓̕
    That is a flex Geoff!
    Man if this comes out before we hear anything else about Bayonetta 3
    weebleman 6 months ago
    Oh geoff you sneaky bastard
    WezGD 6 months ago
    Finally Elden Ring.
    GRRM can write
    Fuchs84 6 months ago
    Oooooh
    CharlieHustle17 6 months ago
    Yeah, I agree too, should be considered an achievement just getting the show together.
    Elden ring!!!
    Elden ring...
    themightyant 6 months ago
    Agree about the quality of the show itself, it’s the content so far that hasn’t grabbed me… yet… come on Geoff!
    teddy1590 6 months ago
    Totally agree, no harm to Geoff, he does seem someone who is incredibly passionate about gaming in general. It just seems like most publishers are saving their big guns for their own shows.
    heh he said dick
    bcdcdude 6 months ago
    Post deleted
    Britesparc 6 months ago
    Martin's commentary is like listening to Wogan narrate Eurovision. Makes it all bearable.
    teddy1590 6 months ago
    I could have spent my evening battering through more of Mass Effect 2, or starting FFVII Intergrade. Instead I chose to watch a 2~ hour advert for DLC's for a bunch of games I don't play. Woe is me.
    Billymatt55 6 months ago
    I can't tell if we've been shown 3 games or 30 games, so many that just looks like clones of each other
    themightyant 6 months ago
    A guy, introducing a guy, introducing a guy
    rubberducko 6 months ago
    Please be good....
    weebleman 6 months ago
    Evil dead. Take my money.
    splayer88 6 months ago
    I feel, because I've watched so long, I need to finish, but this has been largely filler with little killer.
    teddy1590 6 months ago
    Remember when they announced that Borderlands / Wonderlands Tiny Tina game around 90 minutes ago? Little did we know that was actually the highlight of the show.
    slowdog1976 6 months ago
    @pickledShogun dont forget the avatar foot!
    samharper 6 months ago
    I'd do unspeakable acts to get Ken Kutaragi back in the industry to liven up E3 a bit
    troymb 6 months ago
    sweet
    Billymatt55 6 months ago
    So far the best looking game in this show features the tease "maybe you're gonna find a stick"
    themightyant 6 months ago
    I’d forgotten about this game
    weebleman 6 months ago
    I want this guy to read me stories at night. Lovely voice.
    Ok now THIS looks like a shit Left4Dead
    weebleman 6 months ago
    This is turning into a countdown to a countown for e3 reveals.
    troymb 6 months ago
    this is as bad as a Sony press briefing
    teddy1590 6 months ago
    I'll give Geoff this : This has been an eclectic show. Like a car boot sale, not sure what we're going to see next. An Orchestra performing music from not only a Sonic game, but Sonic Unleashed? Well done Geoff, well done.
    themightyant 6 months ago
    Martin “Would anyone mind if I did some heroin? Just to take the edge off.” Dying
    bcdcdude 6 months ago
    Post deleted
    Billymatt55 6 months ago
    Sure glad we get to enjoy these hot announcements instead of listening to music from a universally-panned decade old Sonic game! What a waste of time that would've been!
    daveofstoft 6 months ago
    Imagine training your whole career and immersing yourself in the greatest works of music in the history of the world to have your most famous moment playing sonic covers on this
    @charliehustle SOLD! 500,000 forza coins
    weebleman 6 months ago
    Always fancied getting an oboe to whip out at parties
    samharper 6 months ago
    This must be one of the most mediocre games ever to get this treatment
    Fuchs84 6 months ago
    Is this the worst gaming event ever?
    mecha-blargh 6 months ago
    The best thing about this event is not having to stay up to stupid o'clock to be disappointed.
    slowdog1976 6 months ago
    Did Geoff just say Phil Harmonic like it was a dude?
    troymb 6 months ago
    suckups
    themightyant 6 months ago
    Sorry too soon, he speaks
    Deadman316 6 months ago
    This almost feels like an interview with Chris Kamara. “That’s right, Geoff! I don’t really know, Geoff!”.
    "soup to nuts"
    themightyant 6 months ago
    Nodding guy nods some more
    daveofstoft 6 months ago
    hey hey it's not "nothing"... they have a company name and logo that they're pretty proud of...
    @themightyant by Geoff?
    CharlieHustle17 6 months ago
    DEVIANTS
    rubberducko 6 months ago
    If you have nothing to show why the fuck are you there?
    teddy1590 6 months ago
    BRING ME THANOS .....or anything mildly interesting.
    You’ve been Swatted @weebleman
    mecha-blargh 6 months ago
    "Theres nothing to show on the game so far"SO WHY ARE THEY EVEN THERE?
    samharper 6 months ago
    "no place for ego but I'm the boss"
    weebleman 6 months ago
    Theres a helicopter flying proper low near my house.
    themightyant 6 months ago
    Also answering my own question again… also STILL playing Genshin impact. Love/hate
    ay up
    teddy1590 6 months ago
    This seems to have the same balance of game / DLC reveals as the gameawards, but at least then you have awards and speeches interspersed, so there's always the hope of someone going off script like Josef Fares.
    Billymatt55 6 months ago
    If you fall off a seesaw on purpose does half of 2B's costume come off?
    RedTrident 6 months ago
    Jeff's really giving us a lot of reasons why E3 should still exist tonight...
    fall guys got thicc 😳😳😳
    troymb 6 months ago
    nope
    CalciferJenkins 6 months ago
    If you had Giancarlo Esposito saying “Funny you should say that because I was just talking to my daughters about Ceausescu and Hitler” on your Geoff K Bingo card then you’re a smarter man than I am.
    CharlieHustle17 6 months ago
    Jesus, they even made Esposito look bad. This is indeed a unique presentation.
    Geoff looked worried where that was going with Hitler and Chausescu. Lol
    He said Castro, Hitler and Ceaușescu and it's still non political
    weebleman 6 months ago
    Fuck. Me. That was awkward.
    Billymatt55 6 months ago
    Tenner says he never even plays the game
    slowdog1976 6 months ago
    ceausescu is the last person I expcted to be name dropped today
    samharper 6 months ago
    Oh boy this interview is rapidly going south
    samharper 6 months ago
    Man I can't wait to not have my political opinions influenced by playing this non political video game
    samharper 6 months ago
    iRacing should kill Week 13, D class ARCA gives the Wk13 experience the whole year round
    CharlieHustle17 6 months ago
    Okay, just having Giancarlo Esposito actually on this show has made it better. That man is effortlessly epic.
    themightyant 6 months ago
    @slowdog1976 they’re silly but a lot of fun. Not groundbreaking but definitely worth a play
    Pompa 6 months ago
    Los pollos Hermanos!
    weebleman 6 months ago
    Laptop sex bike at the back there
    I've never played a Ratchet and Clank game
    samharper 6 months ago
    Wow it looks like he's really in the Insomniac reception room
    Nathan-DTS 6 months ago
    My eyes light up when CCR play.
    teddy1590 6 months ago
    If we don't get some kind of Marvel game announced at the end (Most likely that leaked Firaxis Marvel strategy game) after Geoff's "Wait till you see what we have for the Endgame" comment, do we riot. or just quietly walk home, head down like Michael Cera in Arrested Development?
    blarts 6 months ago
    Geoff loving Weezer, is like that older guy in the pub who's eyes light up when Credence Clearwater Revival get played on radio 2 before someone quickly realises and puts the jukebox on
    adamcooper 6 months ago
    Lol pickledshogun
    @pickledshotgun ha!
    themightyant 6 months ago
    @adamcooper enjoy! Stone cold classics. Will get around to replaying them some day!
    Fuchs84 6 months ago
    "So amazing! We're SO excited!! So fun!!!"Nope.
    adamcooper 6 months ago
    @themightyant 1st play of LE but played originals through a couple times. Never gets old to me
    50, 52, 52 and 55 years old, well spotted
    Nathan-DTS 6 months ago
    I don't think its been that bad. Some decent stuff in between the ads.
    pablodiabloescobar 6 months ago
    They've been shit since Matt Sharp left. There, I said it.By Martin RobinsonIncorrect... Been releasing bangers consistently for years ... Unfortunately this isn't one of them
    teddy1590 6 months ago
    I calls it as I sees it.
    Billymatt55 6 months ago
    themightyant 6 months ago
    @pickledshotgun. I’ve got it but haven’t played RE2 remake yet. Backlogged!!!
    weebleman 6 months ago
    Saw them on the blue album tour at Manchester Academy back in the day
    teddy1590 6 months ago
    Hoping MS/ Bethesda come out swinging on Sunday.
    teddy1590 6 months ago
    This has been incredibly underwhelming.
    CharlieHustle17 6 months ago
    Rivers Cuomo seems to hold the secret to defying the ageing process. Could swear he looked older in 2002.
    themightyant 6 months ago
    @adamcooper Nice! 1st play? Replay? How you finding it?
    mecha-blargh 6 months ago
    @themightyant Great game.
    bcdcdude 6 months ago
    Post deleted
    slowdog1976 6 months ago
    this is the very definition of "dialled in" or "autopilot"
    Blue album is class
    blarts 6 months ago
    Yep... Geoff's definitely gone with egregiously ostentatious... on the precipice of it becoming a farce
    adamcooper 6 months ago
    @themightyant Mass Effect LE still
    themightyant 6 months ago
    Picked up The Pathless in the sale and really enjoying fit so far (though it could do with a map and fast travel)
    troymb 6 months ago
    pause the stream and skip
    Please please please play some royalty free music over this
    slowdog1976 6 months ago
    "so. you're going to be born, huh" what kind of a question is that XD
    themightyant 6 months ago
    So what’s everyone playing at the moment?
    weebleman 6 months ago
    I wonder what geoff is watching in that thumbnail pic.
    mecha-blargh 6 months ago
    @slowdog1976 I had the same thought
    slowdog1976 6 months ago
    is it me or do characters in games like paladins and overwatch etc all look completely interchangable. they are all the same
    samharper 6 months ago
    Full blown PC version of BF4**Minus the 3/4 of the game that was post release DLC
    weebleman 6 months ago
    Enough of being nice, back yo the norm. All this looks wank.
    The most authentic Lets Play since the Rainbow 6 Siege reveal
    samharper 6 months ago
    Good lord the screen tearing
    Billymatt55 6 months ago
    So we spent five minutes being shown that the characters in a game look better than its 5 year old predecessor and that's meant to be some kind of treat?
    blarts 6 months ago
    Anyone else think Overwatch was just colossally overrated?
    FattyGlutton 6 months ago
    Why did 'hair' make the bullet point list there?
    weebleman 6 months ago
    To be fair to geoff, getting all this together remotely in a pandemic is pretty impressive. Especially when you know a lot of the bigger folks will be holding things for their E3 shows.
    If they say nothing about Elden Ring the YouTube chat is gonna catch fire
    FattyGlutton 6 months ago
    "LIMBO without the gratuitous infanticide".
    weebleman 6 months ago
    'I'd recommend making a huge cock up if you're also struggling to stay awake!'For one second Martin...
    Super pretty
    @PickledShogun mind. Blown.
    weebleman 6 months ago
    Hopefully there may be something big in the second hour. Not just geoffs massive trainers.
    SKY!!! That game company
    FattyGlutton 6 months ago
    Read that as 'Tales of Arse'.
    FattyGlutton 6 months ago
    What's that you say? You sell t-shirts?
    themightyant 6 months ago
    I think I’ve bought 4 or 5 “Tales” games in sales over the years… but never played one
    mecha-blargh 6 months ago
    weebleman 6 months ago
    @adamcooper think theyve been in a few sales as well.
    themightyant 6 months ago
    Sadly their meant to be nowhere as good as Until Dawn
    rubberducko 6 months ago
    Fuck that.....I take a pass on that thanks :)
    adamcooper 6 months ago
    @weebleman I keep meaning to play the dark pictures games too
    Man, Six Days in Fallujah changed didn't it
    weebleman 6 months ago
    I need to play these dark pictures games. I enjoyed until dawn
    American and Iraqi soldiers STRANDED IN A CURSED TEMPLE :DDD
    samharper 6 months ago
    Wow that was a weird read of that line
    troymb 6 months ago
    hopefully its the last in the f&f franchise
    FattyGlutton 6 months ago
    Rhyming slang.
    Banksy122 6 months ago
    Seeing "World Premiere" isn't the same without the deep booming voice.
    Malek86 6 months ago
    New Painkiller? What is this, 2010?
    NEESOHN SKYLINE
    FattyGlutton 6 months ago
    Neeesan Skyline
    troymb 6 months ago
    On august 30 the studio will shut down
    adamcooper 6 months ago
    So Amazon's strategy is MMO, hmm interesting
    samharper 6 months ago
    Those characters sure will RETENT me
    minky-kong 6 months ago
    Looks like shit sci-fi Left 4 Dead
    Ha this dialogue is FUNNY and ENGAGING
    weebleman 6 months ago
    Well that was a solid cutaway todd
    Aw yeah remember Painkiller? No? Me neither
    P R I M E M A T T E R
    themightyant 6 months ago
    Ah that would be a MF’in montage!
    samharper 6 months ago
    Oh boy are they bringing out another version of Payday 2 that will never ever get a patch
    bcdcdude 6 months ago
    Where's my Shenmue IV :(
    What is this?
    troymb 6 months ago
    so would this show be about 30 mins without the fillers?
    Zepthire 6 months ago
    He totally said "Avatar: The Last Bender"
    LostInBKK 6 months ago
    SMITE oh dear lordCatch everyone next time
    casartelli 6 months ago
    Gradius got nothing on Paraodius
    themightyant 6 months ago
    As smite enters its ninth year… says it all
    GET GEEKED
    samharper 6 months ago
    Why does he always say "we might" like dude it's your show you know fine well if we're getting a Witcher update
    FattyGlutton 6 months ago
    Cuphead. Oh the swears...
    themightyant 6 months ago
    Not my cup of tea, but it looked good
    CharlieHustle17 6 months ago
    Right, I am all for Two Point Campus!
    FattyGlutton 6 months ago
    For a moment there, I thought we were getting a sequel to Curiosity.
    casartelli 6 months ago
    This can be fun?
    weebleman 6 months ago
    Jesus christ geoff. Now i have to explain to the mrs why my kids are all shouting 'Surprise Mother Fucker'.
    LostInBKK 6 months ago
    Enjoy your drinking Martin I will catch up with the news tomorrow
    rubberducko 6 months ago
    @weebleman lol to be fair am sure once upon time these shows were actually decent.
    weebleman 6 months ago
    Its hard to believe we all like games sometimes isnt it
    FattyGlutton 6 months ago
    This needs some SWERY. Coffee and SWERY.
    CharlieHustle17 6 months ago
    @weebleman too long lol
    Cheers martin
    casartelli 6 months ago
    He wasn't lying ... that was quick
    adamcooper 6 months ago
    Till 9 I'm afraid
    How longs this on for?
    casartelli 6 months ago
    Dodge this you bastard!
    Zepthire 6 months ago
    Chiv2 is good fun though
    Zepthire 6 months ago
    I'm not that old but I sure am grumpy!
    adamcooper 6 months ago
    Here's hoping they are saving the best till last or I might find myself a new hobby next year
    rubberducko 6 months ago
    Great footage of a game we can all view Twitch right now and watch gameplay...........
    LostInBKK 6 months ago
    That could well be true @MachoFantastico
    MachoFantastico 6 months ago
    Are we all a bunch of grumpy old folks?
    This looks like Motion Sickness: The Game
    LostInBKK 6 months ago
    Yeah it's not the best @troymb
    troymb 6 months ago
    thank god its almost home time for me as this show is putting me to sleep
    weebleman 6 months ago
    I either want a remake of the commadore 64 ghostbusters game or the chaos engine.
    Pompa 6 months ago
    Does anyone know he's locked in the cupboard?
    casartelli 6 months ago
    Hearing Yoshida talk English reminds me of myself when I'm very drunk
    LostInBKK 6 months ago
    So over a 1 hour in and they seem to have announced nothing or am I just really old???
    casartelli 6 months ago
    They should rename it to 'SummerEntertainmentFest'
    rubberducko 6 months ago
    Nah your okay thanks, can’t be assed with another World War 2 shooter.
    CharlieHustle17 6 months ago
    This show is painfully underwhelming. Need a Lazarus-esque comeback and soon.
    MachoFantastico 6 months ago
    Call of Duty just seems so dull these days.
    Next!
    Pompa 6 months ago
    Where's the doc?!
    minmax 6 months ago
    CoD esports. Time to move from beer to meths.
    casartelli 6 months ago
    COD Looks outdated now that i've seen BF2042
    Bertie 6 months ago
    They've located the satellite!!!
    Vorflynn 6 months ago
    Call of duty super excited season. Is anyone actually super excited?
    themightyant 6 months ago
    @calciferjenkins perhaps it includes some even zanier things that didn’t make the cut first time round
    underdan 6 months ago
    Red Alert 2 Remaster - when?
    minmax 6 months ago
    weebleman 6 months ago
    Wonder if that directors cut will be a free upgrade. I feel it will not...
    neddie 6 months ago
    @CalciferJenkins Very true. If anything I would rather have paid for a studio cut.
    FattyGlutton 6 months ago
    "I'd take a Xexex sequel"The true mark of desperation.
    CalciferJenkins 6 months ago
    Cheers @themightyant
    FattyGlutton 6 months ago
    adamcooper 6 months ago
    Yay another mmo, just what's needed :(
    blarts 6 months ago
    So how ostentatious can Geoff Keighley make this presentation? My money is on "Egregiously"
    Cheers @weebleman just cracked one open here
    adamcooper 6 months ago
    Any game which just shows a CGI trailer but slates an apparent 2021 release makes me wonder
    weebleman 6 months ago
    Well, thats the beer'o'clock alarm for me
    Zepthire 6 months ago
    Since the Hella Mega Tour got delayed twice, I'm actually excited for the Weezer performance.
    slowdog1976 6 months ago
    ah. time to see if I have killed off all my cims yet
    slowdog1976 6 months ago
    I loved the first one so am proper excited for this
    slowdog1976 6 months ago
    Jeff is actually an alien, isn't he?
    Bloodfont 6 months ago
    Oh no....here we go.
    Zepthire 6 months ago
    If Nintendo won't make Advance Wars, SNK will make it
    Zepthire 6 months ago
    "high-fantasy" /doubt
    neddie 6 months ago
    It's about time Skies of Arcadia HD comes to fruition.
    covfan 6 months ago
    Hoping for a remake of A Dogs Life
    Bertie 6 months ago
    :D
    DesignationDDDirtyD 6 months ago
    Bertie 6 months ago
    ERM isn't video game two words Martin
    ghostmeister 6 months ago
    I'm just happy to have something vaguely resembling E3 this year
    Thats a haunting thumbnail
    Alkaline 6 months ago
    I doubt you could even imagine it
    themightyant 6 months ago
    Like him or dislike him, you can't ignore him. Geoff's been in the biz for a long time and built a lot of things from scratch. I don't always like what he does, but damn is his body of work impressive and earned through hard work. Hoping SGF 2021 is a LOT more focussed SGF 2020 and less dragged out than TGA.
    erp 6 months ago
    I think Geoff is great. There, I said it.
    Lee_Morris 6 months ago
    I don't see why Banco would choose GK over Microsoft to show off their Ring. Presuming they have the choice.
    stuart79 6 months ago
    *chants* EL-DEN RING! EL-DEN RING! EL-DEN etcA fools hope no doubt
    PSfourskin 6 months ago
    @stvgskll You want to get some Soleros
    LongJefferson 6 months ago
    I'm in a sidebar!
    stvgskll 6 months ago
    Popcorn is definitely not the snack of choice for watching the Summer Game Fest.
    PSfourskin 6 months ago
    Has anyone mentioned Doritos yet?
    stvgskll 6 months ago
    Geoff.Life sounds like a fly-on-the-wall documentary following Geoff in his natural habitat of video games and brand endorsements...