UPDATE: Raven Software has detailed the Warzone weapon nerf update, and said it's rolling out now.
Significant nerfs hit Warzone's most overpowered weapons:
- DMR 14: Reduced headshot damage, increased recoil
- Type 63: Reduced headshot damage, increased recoil
- Mac-10: Decreased headshot multiplier
- Dual pistols: Increased hip fire spread, decreased damage range
The time has come.— Raven Software (@RavenSoftware) January 6, 2021
?#Warzone update going live:
- DMR 14 - Reduced headshot damage, increased recoil
- Type 63 - Reduced headshot damage, increased recoil
- Mac-10 - Decreased headshot multiplier
- Dual pistols - Increased hip fire spread, decreased damage range
ORIGINAL STORY: Call of Duty: Warzone's most overpowered gun is getting a nerf soon.
Raven Software tweeted to say a balance update is coming soon "to address concerns" about the DMR 14, Type 63, Mac 10, and dual pistols.
Don't fret! We've heard you and a balance update is coming soon to address concerns about the DMR 14, Type 63, Mac 10, and dual pistols. ????— Raven Software (@RavenSoftware) January 5, 2021
These changes will be exclusive to Warzone, Raven clarified. That point is important because the weapons in question originate from Treyarch's Black Ops Cold War, and were incorporated into Warzone last month.
The DMR in particular has been singled out as problematic. Last week Eurogamer reported on how some in the Call of Duty community felt the DMR made Warzone "unplayable".
The DMR is a semi-auto tactical rifle, with increased fire rate and minimum recoil. It's devastating at long rage, maintaining reliable damage to down enemies in a blink of an eye.
The DMR is so powerful it can wipe out a squad in a matter of seconds, just a few well-placed bursts of fire doing the kind of damage other weapons need sustained fire to achieve. The DMR excels at the kind of range you want for engagements in Warzone, too - distance enough to pick enemies off without them having the time to react.
Meanwhile, Black Ops Cold War and Warzone playlist updates are moving to Thursdays. Treyarch revealed the Black Ops Cold War playlist update for 7th January:
- Raid + Crossroads Strike 24/7
- Gunfight Blueprints
- Dirty Bomb Duos
And Raven revealed the Warzone playlist update coming this Thursday:
- Plunder - Quads
- Rebirth Island - Mini Royale Duos, Resurgence Trios
- Plunder - Blood Money Trios
- Rebirth Island - Mini Royale Quads
No word yet on when Warzone is getting its weapon balance pass.