The Game Awards 2020 live report

Join us from 11.30pm for all the fun and festivities.

It's time once again for video game's answer to The Oscars! Except no-one cares too much about the awards and is mostly here for the reveals. So it's more like a three hour Superbowl Commercial break. ANYWAY, whatever it is it's starting at 11.30pm, and we'll be joining you for all the fun and games.

Our live coverage of this event has finished.

Kami says:

Oh it's this time of year is it?

Indeed it is.

Hello, and how do you do!

I'm obviously not going to be here the whole next two and a half hours before the show. Just wanted to pop in and say hi.

Hi!

You've got plenty of time to gather snacks, get that sofa nice and comfy and prep a pot of coffee.

Or to put another couple of hours into Cyberpunk, which is what I'm about to do.

We'll be starting in earnest around when the pre-show starts at 11.30pm. See you all a little later!

Just need to find a nice holding image for the next two hours....

There we go.

Well, hello then.

Have I missed the pre-show? I mean, it's normally my favourite part and everything, so I'd be gutted if I have.

Absolutely gutted.

So, what to expect?

As our beloved Kami has pointed out, there's already been warnings not to expect too much, from Microsoft's Aaron Greenberg at least.

That said, the most compelling rumour I've heard for an appearance tonight is the return of a beloved series that's set for Xbox.

Who knows though? And this late in the day I'm certainly not going to spoil things.

Oh, one thing that is out there is that we will get the reveal of a new Smash Bros. character tonight - so that's something.

Will Nintendo have anything else to show? I'm being hyper optimistic, but wouldn't a new look at Breath of the Wild 2 be nice?

AND WE ARE GO.

Oh man. I didn't miss the pre-show.

This is it. This is the pre-show.

FFS

Ah, we do get our first award of the night - the best soundtrack going to Final Fantasy 7, and deservedly so.

And we do also get a premiere.

Oh how to make sense of it all.

That big old fashioned I had just before this is beginning to feel like a bad idea.

I'm confused, basically, during this reel of new games from Devolver.

Tiel says:

Martin, entirelt off topic, but please get on with offering a patreon/subscription to Eurogamer. I've been hanging around for years and you are the only gaming website and community I frequent. A few quid a month seems reasonable.

Happy to leave my bank details here if you want to throw me a few quid.

(Also there'll be more on that kind of thing in the first half of next year, I believe!)

Here's a trailer for the delightful Alba - there'll be a review on Eurogamer tomorrow morning.

I had an Alba stereo once.

Proper shit it were.

They're one of those amazing brands, like Matsui, who do the proper Tandy-level stuff.

Anyway, Alba!

Here's another award - best action adventure.

On another note, I think this is the first time I've mixed whiskey with a live report and it is increasingly feeling like a mistake.

THE LAST OF US PART 2 WINS!

Folie says:

Martin my dude, that wasn’t Alba 😬

See, I told you that whiskey was a mistake.

Anyway, here's a game I will get right - Sea of Solitude, which is coming in director's cut form to Switch next year.

INSOMANiAC says:

Don't worry, I have arrived.

I was actually getting worried for a second there.

Bizarrely, Quantic Dream is publishing this version of Sea of Solitude - it was an EA thing first time around.

INSOMANiAC says:

Been trying to figure out if I actually like Cyberpunk 2077

Same here.

A new game here from Focus Interactive - Shady Part of Me. Oh, and it's out now!

Three award winners now! Best Family Game first up.

Quiksylver says:

Not sure if this is common knowledge, but it seems Flight Simulator is available to download via game pass on my Xbox...

Don't do this to me.

Anyway, Animal Crossing is the deserved winner of the family award, while Fall Guys bags the award for Best Community Support. Best Debut Game is up next.

Tiel says:

@Insominiac...really? I should have been working all day and it's all I've done. I'm really just existing int he cyberpunk world. I've not been this engaged in a game for a while.

It is a phenomenal world. I wish I'd been patient enough to wait for the next gen versions next year though!

An advert break, and a couple of eSports awards.

Which sounds like a toilet break if I've ever heard one.

Oh, we're back! That was quick.

A performance from the Persona 5 Strikers' soundtrack - which should be a nice wake-me-up.

Into this tbf.

Kami says:

The Persona 5 soundtrack is pretty awesome, so stands to reason the Strikers soundtrack will be amazing too.

Kiliko says:

I was gonna post a sarcy comment about a musical performance but this tune is a fucking belter honestly

It's a fookin banger.

Some absolute shreddage from that lad on a Flying V too - super into this.

Might have a little bop in my shed.

Oh, the gameplay of the Nier remake.

Got absolutely no idea what to expect from this, but let's have a gander.

It looks a lot more in line with Automata, which is to be expected.

Kiliko says:

Nier AuTomato, now there's a game that I wish I loved but find astoundingly dull.

Tried four times now, can never get it to click. Will try again some day!

And here's the debut of a new band, a Gorillaz-esque thing which seems a bit rote.

Ah, it's sweet enough.

esports best talent now. I really might take a toilet break. Sorry.

League of Legends is the best esport, the best coach was the one from Cheers, the best esports event was the last time I got everyone round for a Mario Kart 8 session in my shed.

Also I'm best esports host because when you come to play Mario Kart around here there's beer, weed and everything.

Being confused about esports is a surefire way to reveal you're about to hit 40.

Anyway, Showmaker is the best esports athlete.

xandaca says:

Pierce Brosnan should win Best eSport Athlete for that CGI surfing scene.

Truth.

Hang on, I took a swig of whiskey and looked up and now there's a new Panzer Dragoon game?

Well, Century Age of Ashes to be precise. And not actually a Panzer Dragoon game. Looks mint, mind.

INSOMANiAC says:

Panzer Dragoon Lager

Would play that.

That was the pre-show. Which can only mean one thing.

It's Geoff o'clock.

His lapels have zips on them?

Am I seeing that right? Lapels with zips?

I know it's Cyberpunk week and whatnot but wtf.

I haven't even seen the sneakers yet!

Kiliko says:

EDDIE VEDDER? Am I drunk?

No, and I'm actually legit looking forward to that.

Oh hang on here's the Smash reveal.

Straight in there with it - respect.

It's....

GEOFF KEIGHLEY IS THE NEXT SMASH CHARACTER!

Nah wait it's just Sepiroth.

Easy mistake to make tbf.

Well, there we go.

In other news it's really started to rain here in Lewisham and the sound of it pounding down on my shed is really quite soothing.

Still waiting to see Geoff's booties.

Oh wow.

And here's Brie Larson presenting best performance.

Laura Bailey wins for her take on Abbey in The Last of Us Part 2.

Er, this is quite the speech.

I like the sound of her phone dinging in the background, mind, as she no doubt gets plenty of well-deserved congratulations.

That said, that speech was a bit.

A new reveal now.

It's a new team as well, I believe.

Ah, it's the new game from The Initiative - which is Microsoft's Santa Monica studio that's got talent from the likes of Crystal Dynamics and Naughty Dog.

And, yes, I think this one might be of interest.

So this is what I was alluding to earlier.

It's Perfect Dark, if you haven't guessed already.

Yes please thank you very much.

Just a cinematic and we don't know too much - other than some of the devs behind Tomb Raider and Uncharted are making a Perfect Dark gamer with a hefty slice of MS cash.

Which is enough to get me excited.

And as if that wasn't enough, here's a new Turtle Rock - the L4D/Evolve bunch - to keep my ticker going at quite the rate.

It looks every bit like Left4Dead 3.

Back4Blood.

lol

So it's not Left4Dead, but they're doing everything they can to hold on to that legacy.

Holding on so tightly it looks a bit awkward to be quite honest.

Ah well, it'll play great I'm sure.

Kami says:

Yup. This... looks like L4D to me.

Yes, it is Left4Dead. Which is a great game to be fair!

Pacman8MyGhostkart says:

Ok peeps, quick straw poll:What's worse?1 - Geoff's shoesor2 - This game's title

I'm going with this game's title. I'm quite into those shoes.

Still can't believe you lot are letting the zips on those lapels slide.

I just can't even fathom their purpose.

Unless it's where you keep a cheeky bit of snifter.

He knows.

An update on Scavengers! The one Improbable game that might actually not crash and burn?

There's a PC beta - it's actually a thing! It's looked really promising from all we've seen too, so here's hoping it can live up to its promise.

Something now from Sumo's Nottingham studio and Focus, which looks like a For Honor esque period-based multiplayer... thing.

Oh and it's based on Robin Hood, of course. They are based in Nottingham and all.

Folie says:

Sumo Newcastle for Hood, get off that whiskey lad

Thank you for the correction. And actually I'm about to pour myself another.

Here's the news that Cyberpunk's Quadra is coming to Forza Horizon 4.

Award time once more! It's best ongoing game.

AND THE WINNER IS:

No Man's Sky - well-deserved again!

And straight into another world premiere.

It looks.. expensive?

And also legitimately terrifying.

It's a CG trailer, though, so it's hard to understand too much what it is other than sci-fi and pretty.

The Callisto Protocol, from Striking Distance games, coming in 2022.

And it's Glen Schofield's new thing - I'm speaking to him tomorrow about this, so if there's anything you'd like to know, let me know!

Mostly I just want to luxuriate in Glen's presence though - he's an amazing man and also a hell of a cartoonist.

Sorry, was daydreaming about having a picnic with Glen when they showed off that Warhammer game. Also Ghosts of Tsushima won something. Hades won best action game. There's a VR award. What's going to win? It's Half-Life: Alyx.

Best racing game now. Wow they care less about these awards than we do the rate they're rattling through them.

Tony Hawk's is the best sport.

Elden Ring is the game you're looking forward to most. There's an award for that?

Here's a new Annapurna joint, anyway, called Open Roads - and holy fuck does it look gorgeous.

mecha-blargh says:

Open Roads characters look very Broken Sword

Yes! In the best possible way!

xandaca says:

Bond: "I'm still not sure how good you are."Jinx: "I'm so good..."Bond: "Especially when you're bad."THANK GOD DIE ANOTHER DAY IS OVER.

Let it be noted that I am truly appreciating your live report of Die Another Day throughout all this.

Right, no offence to Valorant, but I really am off for a quick toilet break.

I'm back! What did I miss?

DISCO ELYSIUM PLEASE COME TO SWITCH TODAY.

Maybe not just yet - The Final Cut coming next March, with PS4 and PS4 coming alongside the newly extended game.

Now for our look at the troubled Dragon Age 4 - I think we're getting a look at the new logo?

And some boots.

It looks like it's simply called Dragon Age.

Kiliko says:

see, I liked Inquisition, but after that and everything that's happened to Bioware since, who even has the energy to be excited about this?

Indeed.

Kiliko says:

it's Dragon Age cause the development has been DRAGging ON for an AGE waheyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

*applause*

Endless Dungeon is a leftfield announcement - set in Amplitude's Endless universe, it's an action-focussed dungeon crawler with an exquisite artstyle. Looks fancy!

And now here's a look at Crimson Desert - it's from the Black Desert Online peeps, and looks just as impressive in its own way.

In fact, it looks outrageously impressive.

INSOMANiAC says:

Pan the camera real slow because it runs like shit.

I've been playing Cyberpunk 2077 on console like I'm running an E3 demo, slow-panning at everything, to compensate for the performance.

We're seeing a lot more gameplay this year - some of it quite unpolished gameplay, which I still find infinitely preferable to CG trailers.

And even in its unfinished state, this looks grand as.

BTW when I popped back in the house for a slash I bought the whole bottle of bourbon back with me. Apologies, @Folie - the factual errors are about to go off the charts.

Kiliko says:

So this is Black Desert Offline?

Haha, basically yes.

There be Crimson Desert, from Pearl Abyss.

I'm trying to think of my fave crimson desserts.

I guess summer pudding counts?

Denzel Washington's son doesn't want to be doing this.

Yeah velvet cake is shit though isn't it?

The Last of Us Part 2 won another award, and there's another Naughty Dog speech going on.

I actually can't remember the last time I had a velvet cake though, maybe I should give them another shot.

Oh wait, the Swedish chef is here!

INSOMANiAC says:

Christ, we've gone low.

I think we've just gone high.

Well, I'm certainly contemplating getting high right now.

Folie says:

Tesco Finest Red Velvet to accompany an episode of Bake Off is as good as it gets

I'll give it a shot.

megatronix says:

I am high

*fistbump*

Anyway, Swedish Chef is now in Overcooked, I think.

I've been reading up on these red velvet cakes, and to be quite honest they sound basic as fuck.

What a bizarre thing The Game Awards is.

Also how bizarre that I'm totally alright to be up at 1am to watch an ad-reel. Video games are WILD!

xandaca says:

What was the point of that Mario 3DWorld bit? To remind everyone it existed? No new footage that I could see.

Basically? Nothing new there, though it did give me a little tingle that it's not long until it's out.

Current mood:

Still haven't heard a reasonable excuse for those lapel zips.

But screw it, here's a live Mario soundtrack performance from Abbey Road.

xandaca says:

Mario 3DWorld didn't give me any tingles, but when it immediate cut to an M-Rated certificate, I quietly hoped that Nintendo had unexpectedly gone ultra-hardcore with Bowser's Fury.

Bowser's Fury deffo sounds a bit incognito browsing.

Ah shit, this gets me every time.

Can't listen to Gusty Garden Galaxy without tearing up a little.

A new premiere - and it includes a brilliantly-realised Realistic recorder and loads of nice vintage machinery.

Season!

This is funny - I was talking to Donlan earlier on about the Boku no Natsuyasumi series (he's reviewing Alba atm, which game me big Boku no Natsuyasumi vibes).

And Season has those same vibes too. Yes please very much thanks.

Kiliko says:

Getting Gal Gadot to present the inclusive/impact award was er, a choice...

*grimace*

Onwards! And a new game announce too.

IT'S VIN FUCKING DIESEL MOTHERFUCKERS.

Brace of him to turn up a year after rocking up on stage high as a kite and announcing the shitfest that was Fast and Furious Crossroads.

Still love you Vin.

I'm team Vin all the way.

Is this Lionhead's BC back from the dead?

This is amazing - Vin Diesel going toe-to-toe with a T-Rex, because fuck yes.

I'm guessing this'll be a Tigon joint.

That being Vin's video game concern.

It looks like Dad of War meets Horizon Zero Dawn meets what the fuck

It's Ark.

Hahahaha.

Well, there you go - Ark 2.

This might be the greatest 'but...' yet.

"Ark 2 with Vin Diesel" partridge.jpg

Oh and there's an animated Ark series coming.

With Michelle Yeoh, Gerard Butler, David Tennant and oh my god the Ark team made an awful lot of money I hope it hasn't gone to their heads.

Another new reveal, this time Elite Dangerous Odyssey with a use of Bowie I'm not particularly comfortable with.

GamesProgrammer says:

Late to the party any big awards given out yet?

We have found the one person who is here for the awards and not the reveals (hello!)

JorgeLuisBorges says:

What did I miss? Other than Martin being pissed...

*hic*

I guess this is Outriders, which looks like simple good fun but I worry it's being set up as more than that.

Kiliko says:

I think I speak for all of us here when I say: where the fuck is that PS5 Cat game

Indeed. Anyway, Fist looks great but somehow had me thinking of 90s shareware side-scrollers like Ninja Rabbits.

INSOMANiAC says:

Someone PLEASE tell me when this ends

It never ends.

Nolan North you're amazing but you're too old to do this distressed denim thing.

You can afford a nice pair of slacks from Cos or something.

Oh hang on here's another award. Among Us wins best multiplayer!

And this is a genuinely beautiful moment as a team who've experienced quite the year gets their moment in the spotlight. Beautiful!

Here's a new game reveal!

From Saber Interactive.

And it's an Evil Dead game?

Up for that.

Really, really up for that.

Bruce Campbell features, obviously.

And my lord I am so, so up for this.

megatronix says:

Every single game this year feels like B-Lister

Can you get a better b-lister than an Evil Dead game though?

A remake now, and a Capcom one - ah, it's Ghouls and Goblins, or whatever you call it in your part of the world.

It still looks absolutely bastard hard for its Switch remake that's coming next February.

BEST INDEPENDENT GAME AWARD NOW AWARD LOVERS.

Hades wins.

Best audio design.

God it's embarrassing how much the Game Awards hates giving out awards.

Best RPG is Final Fantasy 7 Remake.

MS Flight Sim wins best sim and they are rattling through this so quickly.

Player's Choice is Ghost of Tsushima.

And we have best fighting game, with Cobra Kai's leads taking us through the winners in a terrible skit.

Ralph Macchio's house suggests he's doing alright for himself though.

He was so good in Crossroads.

I bet he can still shred too.

Ah, our first look at MS Flighjt Sim running on console!

Oh man, this game really is something special.

And I think it could work wonderfully on console too.

Also I still cry when I hear this song, mostly because of when they used it at the end of the admittedly not very good TV adaptation of Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

Kami says:

Think we might get to bed before 4am this year?

Sleep is for the weak.

Next summer for MS Flight Sim on console. Be excite.

This, I believe, is Returnal? Housemarque's new thing, which is reason enough to be excited.

That it's them branching out for something on a grander palette than they've worked with before is very exciting.

INSOMANiAC says:

When that screeching Irishman appears I'm off.

Understandable.

It's really raining quite a lot here in Lewisham right now.

Well, we're back with The Game Awards.

No matter what you say about Geoff's shoes, they sure look comfy.

Ah here's the coke fiend!

INSOMANiAC says:

Oh, it's this mad cunt.

You said it!

Anyway, here's his new thing which is a thing.

It looks like it takes Fares' co-op thing into new territory - namely that of two people figuring out the finer points of their long-term relationship.

And it looks pretty good.

There you go: It Takes Two. From Geoff's mate Josef.

Here's Reggie for some meme-based content.

Ah, and an award for accessibility.

Reggie still scares me.

INSOMANiAC says:

Joseph is Geoffs new Hideo now he's stopped taking his calls.'We were in Stockholm, being friends, together, and he showed me this game, as a friend'

Haha, poor Geoff.

An admirable award, and the innovation in accessibility award has gone to The Last of Part 2.

Kami says:

those blinds get pulled the moment this bit is done...

Haha.

Again it's amazing to be pulled into an award-winner's house and to hear their phone pinging with congrats messages.

So wholesome.

Not quite sure how there can be another hour of this.

Or indeed if I can stay awake another hour. Maybe time to make the switch to coffee.

A quick ad for Destiny 2 Beyond Light there.

I gave the next-gen version a quick blast earlier - it looks splendid as.

jim_jiminy says:

Surprised EG haven't said anything about it?

Destiny? Never heard of it.

Kiliko says:

Beyond Light released on Game Pass on release day (!) and still no one seems to give a fuck about it. Proper fell flat didn't it?

Timing wasn't great - I think most publications were focussed on next-gen/Cyberpunk.

Kiliko says:

From Jason Schreier on Twitter: They didn't make it clear in the announcement, but the new version of Disco Elysium is coming to PlayStation in March and then Switch/Xbox in the summer... so soon you will all have no excuse not to play it

Ah, good to know.

Was about to berate the Game Awards once again for just being an excruciatingly bland reel of ads.

But hey it's nearly Xmas so what's the point.

Also I'm the sucker out in my shed live-reporting this nonsense while Geoff is out there with his lapel zips concealing all that upnose so I'm the real loser.

Mobile gaming section here, which I know you lot love.

INSOMANiAC says:

Best mobile game is Drop 7 . No contest.

*preach*

Ah, Among Us wins - another excuse to cut to the adorable devs who are having a hell of a night.

Monster Hunter Rise on Switch - probably the game I'm looking forward to most in 2021 - gets a new trailer.

It's the RE Engine's debut on Switch (and the series' debut in RE Engine).

It might, in its own way, be more important to the future of the series as MH World. I can't wait!

Content creator of the year is coming up soon! Is it me? Did you all nominate me?

Didn't think so, you jerks.

Speaking of jerks! Here's Troy Baker.

He truly is in love with the smell of the gas that he emits from his arsehole.

Here's Eddie Vedder tho, which is a nice move in the right direction.

xandaca says:

Is that guitar enormous or is Eddie Vedder just a bit small?

The guitar is near and Eddie is very far away.

Kiliko says:

hope Eddie decides to liven this up a little bit and just explosively belt out Even Flow during this very Sincere™ moment

I'd be so up for that.

Anyway, that was a heartfelt rendition. Also apologies to Troy Baker for being a bit mean there.

A new premiere!

Focus, again - they're having quite the showcase tonight.

It's from Shadow Warriors devs Flying Wild Hog, and it looks suitably over-the-top.

Evil West there for you - coming in 2021.

50 minutes more of this.

Soz.

Kami says:

Oh shit I'm out of tea.

Are you on the herbal or have you gone hardcore and caffeinated?

xandaca says:

"My name is Adam Gazzaley and I am a Socrates cosplayer."

A pretty good one at that.

I do find it hard to take Facebook seriously as an agent for encouraging better mental health though.

An absolutely appalling HP Omen ad too which alludes to... No, best I don't type it out.

Anyway, that's me never touching an HP device again. Good work!

An Among Us map reveal now. Being old I haven't played Among Us that much, sorry.

Oh Geoff is in Among Us now too.

Is Among Us actually a bit shit or am I just old

A bit of column a, a bit of column b?

Adobe's Content Creator of the Year is Valkyrae.

A Fortnite reveal now, courtesy of the Mustard.

As expected - it's Master Chief who's coming to Fortnite.

Some Red vs. Blue shenanigans to accompany the news .

But yes this is appalling.

rabbitfrog says:

I've decided that I'm old now

I've always been old. It's great.

Kiliko says:

drink every time he says awesome

I'm already so drunk tho...

Blood Gulch in Fortnite is pretty awesome, mind.

35 minutes left. Can I get through all this.

A man called Cascade who is speaking in the oddest cadence suggests I cannot.

What is he doing with his hands. Why is he pointing so much.

Just for clarity: that man is 49 years old

I apologise, it's Kaskade.

This has been a particularly weak show - understandable, given the conditions it was produced under.

Doesn't make it any easier to power through the nonsense at 2.30am though.

Hold on, here's Just Cause for mobile to perk things up.

You do begin to question your life choices though when it's half two in the morning and you're doing live updates of a three-hour long ad.

Would anyone object if I just did a bit of heroin and went to go and sit quietly in the corner?

Just a taste.

Ruined King, one of Riot's new wave of games, gets an outing.

Keanu Reeves is here to present best game direction.

His animation routines look a bit broken.

Keep expecting him to be caught in a t-pose.

The Last of Us Part 2 wins the best direction award, and Neil Druckmann is here to take the honours.

Here's an advert for GTA Online.

This is all of us right now.

themightyant says:

“myiagros02:36So far this really is a waste of everyone's time (especially Martin's). Unless some late announcement really rescues it I hope they don't bother next year!”I’m getting flashbacks that I may have said the same before... never learn

I think I say the same every year. And yet here we are again.

Another quick ad for the Medal of Honor VR game.

INSOMANiAC says:

There's me, Martin and Kami here. Every single year. Every single live presentation shit. We have nothing else in life. We plan our lives around these events.

I do it all for the two of you, you beautiful people.

Do you think Geoff has done double knots on those shoes?

Oh wait here's another premiere.

I still don't know how you graciously tie a pair of shoes tho- you can have a pair of the best brogues in the world, but it's all for naught if you do some kind of clown bow on them when tying them up.

Hold on, we're getting a Mass Effect Trailer.

And it is simply Mass Effect.

Hmm - like Dragon Age before it, it's hard to get too excited given the state of BioWare at the moment.

Given how far out that game is, and how little we know about Dragon Age, I'm not sure how smart it was to show it.

Ah well.

Game of the year now, presented by Christopher Nolan.

russellpearson says:

despite covid, we have still had a bunch of great games this year

Despite my cattiness, I do think it's been a wonderful year for video games - and they've been there for us when we really needed them.

The Last of Us Part 2 wins.

Well, that was that - a low-key show this year, understandably so.

I still hate myself for being up this late for a three-hour long advert though.

Congrats to all the winners - they're all well-deserved in what's been a trying year.

Kami says:

Also Clap That You Cunts.

And also this.

Thanks for joining us. And thanks Kami and INSOMANiAC, you utter loons. Same time again next year, yeah?

jim_jiminy says:

We all know his trainers were the star of tonight show.

The truth. And also there's your quote!

And with that good night and god bless.

Sign in to comment on this livetext.
    arsmolinarx 4 months ago
    I watched this for Elden Ring and all I got was caveman Vin Diesel.
    feralningen 4 months ago
    Well that was pretty terrible, too much multiplayer, streamers and hard sci-fi/fantasy
    Kami 4 months ago
    G'night all and thanks again Martin.
    xandaca 4 months ago
    Sleep well, everyone. Hope Geoff Keighley's awful trainers don't invade your dreams like some sort of tacky, footwear-based Freddy Krueger.
    jim_jiminy 4 months ago
    good night guys, was fun :)
    jim_jiminy 4 months ago
    thanks bud, and thanks for guiding us through this hell! :)
    Kami 4 months ago
    Indeed, Right now though I think the sensible thing to do is go to bed.
    Night guys.
    jim_jiminy 4 months ago
    We all know his trainers were the star of tonight show.
    Matthew_Hornet 4 months ago
    Thanks for keeping me entertained, everyone but especially Martin!
    myiagros 4 months ago
    Thank fuck that's over!
    mkreku 4 months ago
    If you can't be anything other than negative for an entire fucking night, maybe it's time to seek out a new job?
    INSOMANiAC 4 months ago
    It's been an emotional rollercoaster. Good day AND Good night.
    themightyant 4 months ago
    A snooze fest yet I feel Unable to go to sleep! :-(
    Pacman8MyGhostkart 4 months ago
    I fell asleep just before that guy from Pearl Jam, only to be woken up by that awesome melody.Man, I really do love video games - night everyone!
    Kami 4 months ago
    Also Clap That You Cunts.
    Post-show? God no.
    this sucked
    xandaca 4 months ago
    Have to say, I had a pretty good idea this was going to be utter pap, but enjoyed shitposting about it and reading others doing the same.
    weblaus 4 months ago
    Shit attitude for shit show seems kinda fitting.
    jim_jiminy 4 months ago
    @Martin give me a quote pleeeeeease! :)
    mkreku 4 months ago
    Cattiness? You've been whining the entire night. That's not cattiness, that's just a shit attitude
    Matthew_Hornet 4 months ago
    It was a better year for video games than one might think from watching this thing.
    jim_jiminy 4 months ago
    its an old game... wow great
    xandaca 4 months ago
    Connie Booth? The waitress from Fawlty Towers?
    myiagros 4 months ago
    Wrong winner, but obviously was going to happen.
    INSOMANiAC 4 months ago
    Animal crossing, while great, has barely any innovation. Doesnt deserve an award thats for sure.
    goes too.... the trainers
    Quelle surprise.
    Matthew_Hornet 4 months ago
    Christopher Nolan presenting video game awards, because one of these two industries makes their creatives into stars, and the other one crunches them into mental breakdowns and then fires them.
    themightyant 4 months ago
    russellpearson... and time to play them
    myiagros 4 months ago
    If you ignore everything else that has happened this year, it has been pretty tremendous for the quality and variety of games.
    jim_jiminy 4 months ago
    The soul has gone from gaming...no innovators...its all corporate bullshit.. all the games we have been promised over the years, buggy, laggy, never forfill potential. it's a load of bollox. Im gonna go smash up all my consoles.Same with films, prequels, re doos... where the fucking talent?
    russellpearson 4 months ago
    despite covid, we have still had a bunch of great games this year
    INSOMANiAC 4 months ago
    I feel like FF7R is the Avatar of gaming, massive then just vanishes and is never spoken of.
    themightyant 4 months ago
    Orchestra almost makes it worth it
    Kami 4 months ago
    And the winner is... The Last of Us 2.
    xandaca 4 months ago
    Christopher Nolan looks like he should be sozzled on sherry at the back of the House of Lords.
    jim_jiminy 4 months ago
    couldn't they get the rolling stones?
    Matthew_Hornet 4 months ago
    Why the FUCK is Christopher Nolan presenting a video game award. Why?
    INSOMANiAC 4 months ago
    Christopher Nolan looks to be ready to sell a rich dim woman some overpriced antiques.
    mkreku 4 months ago
    Tenet was still shit
    it will just be a HD 4K remake
    Mass Effect will continue is the best title since Blood4Bleed
    Literally nothing!
    Bwahahahahaha
    Mass Effect - they fucked up after 3
    mecha-blargh 4 months ago
    Premiere? But we knew this and it showed fuck all
    ... how?!
    mkreku 4 months ago
    Who gives a shit about a pair of shoes
    INSOMANiAC 4 months ago
    I strictly only wear velcro
    myiagros 4 months ago
    I liked the Chvrches Death Stranding performance last year at least, this year nothing redeeming yet.
    INSOMANiAC 4 months ago
    Medal of honour isnt still going, thats why its been demoted to VR
    Is this the biggie?
    jim_jiminy 4 months ago
    Ahhhhhhh those Traniers... damn!! no no no just noooooo!
    I mean, yeah, I LOVE coming here every year! XD
    xandaca 4 months ago
    Can't believe Medal Of Honour is still going.
    Another American moronic game
    Matthew_Hornet 4 months ago
    I'm not cool with war veterans being used to promote an FPS.
    Kami 4 months ago
    To be fair once I can get into a wheelchair-accessible place I can leave without having carers drag me out, I'll be rediscovering that thing called a social life so...
    Listenvery carefully I shall say zis only wance.180gb
    INSOMANiAC 4 months ago
    Medal of honour looks like a must own on VR, its also 180gb...
    @Martin, please give me a quote, just so I stay here ! LOLZ
    xandaca 4 months ago
    @INSOMANiAC Also played Jonathan Harker in Dracula (featuring one of the all-time funniest bad attempts at an English accent)
    mecha-blargh 4 months ago
    Humankind looks a lot like Civilization...
    themightyant 4 months ago
    iPad down to 5% may be a blessing
    Humankind?
    myiagros 4 months ago
    John Constantine...
    Kami 4 months ago
    Are we the top or the bottom?
    INSOMANiAC 4 months ago
    John wick, Johnny Mnemonic, Johnny Silverhand.Johnny in Point Break... any more?
    themightyant 4 months ago
    jim_jiminy 4 months ago
    Ahhhh...thought theyd cut that scene before the trainers
    xandaca 4 months ago
    In a twist, Christopher Nolan actually presented the award at the beginning of the show.
    Pulsar_t 4 months ago
    As if we don't know what their GOTY is.
    Matthew_Hornet 4 months ago
    Good guy Keanu out here doing his part in the Cyberpunk marketing machine.
    myiagros 4 months ago
    INSOMANiAC 4 months ago
    How many roles has Keanu has where hes called John/Johnny?
    jim_jiminy 4 months ago
    Keanu Reeves just plays the same character...himself... ever since Wild Stallions....Matrix...Cyberpunk... speaks the same, is the same, but good.
    xandaca 4 months ago
    Did Neil Druckmann just say 'Keano'?
    INSOMANiAC 4 months ago
    John Wick is fucking awesome though.
    mkreku 4 months ago
    Ghost of Tsushima sure is pretty
    INSOMANiAC 4 months ago
    Keanu has managed a truly magnificent thing. He's an actor who can't act and yet is universally loved unironically.
    Kami 4 months ago
    And here is Keanu, the main reason anyone gives a shit about this show this year. And of course they held out to near the end for this.
    xandaca 4 months ago
    "A man who absolutely needs no introduction..."*walks away*
    jim_jiminy 4 months ago
    WHY ARE HIS TRAINERS LIT UP LIKE THAT??
    Gamer_cool123 4 months ago
    No heroin Martin please we need you.
    Heroin, very moreish
    my ass hurts
    Kami 4 months ago
    Martin, you've already made a bad life decision. Don't double down tonight mate.
    jim_jiminy 4 months ago
    Im sooo happy there are indie games...so far all I have seen is utter garbage and HYPE by stupid American maniacs
    INSOMANiAC 4 months ago
    As I have said to you on one of the other dozen times we've been in this situation, you're getting paid to be here, we are here through choice.
    xandaca 4 months ago
    Genuinely curious, how many people play with multiple characters in games like Smash Bros? I always stick with one (generally Wario, because he's just generally great) and never feel the urge to bother with others once I'm settled. Do people really swap enough to get value from fighters passes?
    Kami 4 months ago
    Or not. I need Darkest Dungeon updates.
    Darkest Dungeon!
    Kami 4 months ago
    I have never hated a pair of trainers more than I hate those...
    those trainers? seriously? twat
    themightyant 4 months ago
    Has there been ANYTHING memorable. I don’t remember anything
    marijnlems 4 months ago
    'Free for all 76 players'. That joke writes itself.
    jim_jiminy 4 months ago
    maybe Nintendo can do what other's dont?
    Kami 4 months ago
    And now here's Fallout 76 to... err... something.
    Matthew_Hornet 4 months ago
    Haven't had 4-player co-op for like half an hour now, I was getting desperate.
    mkreku 4 months ago
    Damnit.. I love Just Cause, but.. this isn't it
    liamhowell 4 months ago
    Tonight has been a fever dream, are you getting overtime for this Martin? Maybe put in for hazard pay...
    Just Cause! ... but...
    xandaca 4 months ago
    This woman has wooper everywhere on her phone. Make of that what you will.
    jim_jiminy 4 months ago
    cant we just have a British game awards... dunno about you, Americans seem so outta touch
    Matthew_Hornet 4 months ago
    'Dare to discover' - they're really out there trying to make paying for a subscription service seem like some kind of corageous act of rebellion.
    jim_jiminy 4 months ago
    my ps5 however, like it a lot. Think Sony are gonna win again this time. That controller too... amazing
    mkreku 4 months ago
    I wonder how close Bethesda are to their next release of something.. anything
    jim_jiminy 4 months ago
    yeah I bought an xbox series x.. I have it...dont use it...no games better than my one x... weird.
    Kami 4 months ago
    Martin, THAT'S WORSE! ARRGHHH!
    Kami 4 months ago
    I got out of hospital a few days ago mecha, this might put me back in there somehow...
    liamhowell 4 months ago
    They did it. They figured out how to re-release Skyrim in 2020, the mad bastards.
    xandaca 4 months ago
    Donald Mustard. What a name. The first name and colour of the departing President of the United States.
    who is he?
    Matthew_Hornet 4 months ago
    On the plus side, being featured as Fortnite characters is exactly the level of seriousness Walking Dead deserves to be at.
    mecha-blargh 4 months ago
    So far this show hasn’t exactly improved my hospital stay
    sh1t song
    up_the_ante 4 months ago
    WORST GAME AWARDS EVER
    megatronix 4 months ago
    I am no longer on planet earth
    Gamer_cool123 4 months ago
    What a strange time to be alive.
    jim_jiminy 4 months ago
    is it an american thing? all outta touch? dont get this bunch of twats
    liamhowell 4 months ago
    I stopped playing Cyberpunk to watch this and now I can't stop. At what point does this count as self harm?
    rabbitfrog 4 months ago
    Yep, I'm definitely still old
    jim_jiminy 4 months ago
    Oh my god, this is even worse
    xandaca 4 months ago
    Wait, the balding man's surname is Mustard? As in, killed with a candlestick in the library?
    jim_jiminy 4 months ago
    great... characters from a show that no one watches now
    Oh god make it stop!
    Gamer_cool123 4 months ago
    This is still going someone kill me please
    xandaca 4 months ago
    This balding man definitely has a bet on for the largest number of times he can say 'creative' in a short times of time.
    what a d1ck
    jim_jiminy 4 months ago
    damn, cannon fodder is waaay more entertaining from like almost 30 years ago... so "awesome" bunch of twats
    *Homer-style groan*
    Matthew_Hornet 4 months ago
    'Red vs Blue, Donald! Just to reiterate!'
    xandaca 4 months ago
    We didn't have this shit back in the N64 days. We had Buck Bumble and we liked it.
    rabbitfrog 4 months ago
    I've decided that I'm old now
    jim_jiminy 4 months ago
    anyone actually make any innovative games anymore?
    jim_jiminy 4 months ago
    Fortnite should just go away
    russellpearson 4 months ago
    i do know valkyrae plays with jacksepticeye in among us
    Kami 4 months ago
    I thought Flash was being "yeeted" because it wasn't very good anymore?
    INSOMANiAC 4 months ago
    This guy needs to embrace the baldness. It's just saaaad
    xandaca 4 months ago
    "This is amazing, Geoff, you did this yet again!" Not a compliment.
    aids victim on screen...
    Matthew_Hornet 4 months ago
    @pablodiabloescobar There are dozens of us! Dozens!
    mkreku 4 months ago
    "I lack knowledge of this subject, therefore anyone who cares about it must be dumber than me"
    INSOMANiAC 4 months ago
    Being extremely attractive - checkAnnoying voice - checkFunkoPop figures - Check
    anyone use Adobe in gaming? NO
    pablodiabloescobar 4 months ago
    One of the advantages of working nightshifts from home (!!) is being able to watch dross like this and not feel ashamed or guilty in the morning.... oh and getting paid for it i guess
    Matthew_Hornet 4 months ago
    Your children know all of these people. And buy their merch.
    xandaca 4 months ago
    Oh Christ, this person's doing the squeaky voice schtick.
    eeeee
    bunch of twats
    xandaca 4 months ago
    I know none of these people, yet somehow I loathe all of them.
    rabbitfrog 4 months ago
    Who are any of these people?
    Kami 4 months ago
    If they're that concerned for our mental health in this show how's about in future they condense this shit down to two hours tops?!
    whos this man bun?
    russellpearson 4 months ago
    jackaboy
    INSOMANiAC 4 months ago
    Jack looks like Michelle Fowler.
    Imagine Del Boy hosting this... would be funny as f
    xandaca 4 months ago
    Please stop fake laughing.
    INSOMANiAC 4 months ago
    Hideo Kojima's turd in a bin bag.
    jim_jiminy 4 months ago
    its a gameboy advance game!
    xandaca 4 months ago
    "They sent us something special."Given the standard of this show so far, we can only hope it's a letterbomb.
    INSOMANiAC 4 months ago
    HP & The master race... The PC master race that is, of course...
    crap trainers... wow
    arsmolinarx 4 months ago
    Give us Elden Ring, Geoff!
    Kami 4 months ago
    Probably for the best INSOMANiAC. People who do know tend to be assholes.
    mkreku 4 months ago
    Unravel!
    INSOMANiAC 4 months ago
    Half the adverts telling us we're all fucked in the head and the other half telling us we're the superior beings. I DONT KNOW WHO I AM!
    jim_jiminy 4 months ago
    @Martin facebook wont be around this time next year - seen the news?
    jim_jiminy 4 months ago
    so many parents let them, I see it all the time. so weird.
    xandaca 4 months ago
    I love how an ad for a game to improve poor mental health is immediately followed by THE WORLD IS A DANGEROUS PLACE.
    jim_jiminy 4 months ago
    the kid was probably playing 18 plus games...
    Kami 4 months ago
    ... and I have a new mug. 1.8 litres, it's a Bubba Mug from the States.
    xandaca 4 months ago
    "My name is Adam Gazzaley and I am a Socrates cosplayer."
    INSOMANiAC 4 months ago
    I'm going to take a load of Codeine and a Diazepam.
    jim_jiminy 4 months ago
    how many people are talking now? weird
    alexanderjones1 4 months ago
    Feel like we all need something/anything to energise us all for the home stretch of this dismal likely hideously expensive affair
    I've gone caffeinated!
    liamhowell 4 months ago
    Did... did they kickflip a bus? I'm not into anime but that's sold me.
    mkreku 4 months ago
    I'm sure you can form your own opinion if you try hard enough
    jim_jiminy 4 months ago
    is that Joe Satriani soundtrack?
    INSOMANiAC 4 months ago
    Next year is just Geoff streaming 24/7 until the end of time.
    xandaca 4 months ago
    "Scarlet Nexus". I swear game titles are formed by a random arrangement of dramatic words from a fixed database.
    INSOMANiAC 4 months ago
    Are we at the point we're all supposed to hate Among Us with the same vigour as Fortnite? I'm a bit behind.
    Oh shit I'm out of tea.
    I fucking loved Dark Watch
    xandaca 4 months ago
    I'd like a game based on Yes, Minister where you play as Sir Humphrey and are awarded points for devising the most incomprehensible yet technically accurate and linguistically beautiful dismissals of Jim Hacker's ethical concerns.
    jim_jiminy 4 months ago
    looks cool, marilyn manson soundtrack too?
    Dark Watch 2???
    jim_jiminy 4 months ago
    Eddie, play "get the funk out"
    xandaca 4 months ago
    No, Martin, you're thinking of cows.
    mecha-blargh 4 months ago
    @xandaca it’s literally called a jumbo acoustic
    All Eddie Vedder songs sound the same
    xandaca 4 months ago
    Is that guitar enormous or is Eddie Vedder just a bit small?
    INSOMANiAC 4 months ago
    Boogie2988 for churning out videos for 20k views about how hard done by he is. He's really killing it this year.
    jim_jiminy 4 months ago
    hahaha Martin, easy there - they can read yr website...had a few wines?
    Kami 4 months ago
    ... mostly because I don't follow that many "content creators" but still... that counts, right?
    xandaca 4 months ago
    Troy Baker's hair is... mesmerising.
    INSOMANiAC 4 months ago
    Esport players are athletes, and voice actors in booths are on sets. I'm learning a lot today.
    Matthew_Hornet 4 months ago
    How is Among Us getting all of these awards, btw? Didn't that get released in 2018?
    Kami 4 months ago
    I'd vote for you in a heartbeat Martin!
    INSOMANiAC 4 months ago
    'On the set of the Last Of Us'errr wot.
    jim_jiminy 4 months ago
    I'm looking forward to MICROCOSM coming to switch next year
    INSOMANiAC 4 months ago
    Rise is going to be epic.
    Kami 4 months ago
    Once again... RE Engine, Dinosaurs... Capcom, why in all the seven circles of hell did you skip over Dino Crisis?!
    INSOMANiAC 4 months ago
    The among us crew look like a jumble sale. I appreciate that.
    xandaca 4 months ago
    Best mobile game is sending weird replies to wrong number texts.
    Matthew_Hornet 4 months ago
    Plenty of super cool games on mobile - they rarely appear in these awards things tho.
    Kami 4 months ago
    Sweet nipple-twisting Jesus in a Leather Jacket, they're really gonna pull this out another hour?!
    INSOMANiAC 4 months ago
    Best mobile game is Drop 7 . No contest.
    @Kiliko LOL
    Matthew_Hornet 4 months ago
    Supposedly the physics in Soulstorm are pretty amazing.
    INSOMANiAC 4 months ago
    I've got a genuine worry this oddworld game wont find a big enough audience, the creator is a really passionate guy.
    its 1 meter high
    jim_jiminy 4 months ago
    SEGA ZUES: It a Mega Drive, with a Mega CD, with a 32x, with a 64x, then a 128x, Then an AMD Zen 3 block with GPU & SSD, HDMI 2.1...
    Matthew_Hornet 4 months ago
    So they've got quotes from the host of the show in the ads shown in the show? How synergistic.
    xandaca 4 months ago
    For all the expense and bombast, the glory days of games coverage will always be Tim, Jes, Andrea and Martin making stupid jokes in lieu of having anything to play for N64 Magazine.
    jim_jiminy 4 months ago
    Surprised EG haven't said anything about it?
    Matthew_Hornet 4 months ago
    Is Destiny getting a Stasis weapon class? Big if true.
    Banksy122 4 months ago
    I've been playing the fuck out Oblivion lately. Still the best Elder Scrolls.
    Kami 4 months ago
    It does feel like they're stretching this very thin...
    jim_jiminy 4 months ago
    Saw SEGA ZEUS rumours coming out of Asia Pacific, looks awesome.
    Oblivion!
    A new ESO expansion.
    jim_jiminy 4 months ago
    Best new console award...goes to...SEGA.. The Sega Zeus.
    Kami 4 months ago
    those blinds get pulled the moment this bit is done...
    Gamer_cool123 4 months ago
    Um...can you let me in now please?
    INSOMANiAC 4 months ago
    Accessibility as your partner is trapped outside. I see no irony.
    xandaca 4 months ago
    Fun fact about Reggie: genetically, he has more in common with a volcano than with the human race.
    Matthew_Hornet 4 months ago
    @xandaca The trailer is maybe a bit EA-focus-tested, but Fares doesn't have a cynical bone in his body.
    jim_jiminy 4 months ago
    Wow did I just hear, new AMIGA games?
    Kami 4 months ago
    *checks tea* I swear some ghostly ninja put something in this...
    xandaca 4 months ago
    This is a corporate exec's idea of what 'charm' looks like. Dreadful.
    Gamer_cool123 4 months ago
    I like the look of this
    This could be good.
    jtodroc 4 months ago
    Didn't he make that film The Room?
    Folie 4 months ago
    This fella really loves two player co-op (the game looks nice)
    INSOMANiAC 4 months ago
    So he motion capped as a book. Actually makes sense.
    yes, many new things
    xandaca 4 months ago
    "No matter what you say about Geoff's shoes, they sure look comfy." No matter what you say about Mussolini, he sure made the trains run on time.
    Kami 4 months ago
    The Game Awards may want to put a restraining order on him...
    rabbitfrog 4 months ago
    This isn't what I was expecting
    Gamer_cool123 4 months ago
    Did Jeff just say “He really is my friend” lol
    Oh, it's this mad cunt.
    Gamer_cool123 4 months ago
    Pissing it down here in Hertford
    Goal! And another one!
    Kami 4 months ago
    chucking it down here in Cornwall.
    Matthew_Hornet 4 months ago
    Are they allowed to have a male vocal in the trailer?
    INSOMANiAC 4 months ago
    I bought a HP Omen laptop. They lied and told me it had Gsync. It didnt have Gsync. I exchanged it for a Legion 7i.
    Kami 4 months ago
    Hey, maybe Ark 2 won't run like distilled essence of Myst... *looks at cast list for the animated series* Oh second thoughts...
    Returnal looked good
    xandaca 4 months ago
    "Lots of great stuff coming up on The Game Awards." What's the criteria for legal action for false advertising, again?
    INSOMANiAC 4 months ago
    When that screeching Irishman appears I'm off.
    INSOMANiAC 4 months ago
    Returnal. Re'fucking'turnal. Might have taken the crown from Bed4Blood or whtever the fuck they were calling it
    liamhowell 4 months ago
    Reurnal? Is that another name for the cubicles in the men's room?
    mecha-blargh 4 months ago
    Oh wowMarch is much quicker than I expected
    INSOMANiAC 4 months ago
    That reminds me, show us more of that Dishonored-rewind-time thing
    Kami 4 months ago
    Yes yes, tell that to Derriford Hospital who chew me out every time I go there for not getting enough sleep.
    xandaca 4 months ago
    "My end is waiting at the beginning." Someone's been watching too much Steven Moffat.
    INSOMANiAC 4 months ago
    My end is waiting at the beginning. profound.
    Ooh Returnal
    REturnal.
    alexanderjones1 4 months ago
    Dear lord this has been painful to watch the awards feel forced and if they want it to be a big reveal vehicle they need some actually big reveals
    xandaca 4 months ago
    I will almost certainly never play a flight sim game but am delighted they exist.
    Kami 4 months ago
    Think we might get to bed before 4am this year?
    I preferred Benny in Crossroads tbh
    Matthew_Hornet 4 months ago
    Video games never feel as desperate for Hollywood-senpai to notice them as they do during the VGAs.
    INSOMANiAC 4 months ago
    We've had a mildly racist muppet, Gal Gadot and the Karate Kid. That's really all there is to say.
    PossibLeigh 4 months ago
    Why put sim and strategy together? Madness!
    Kami 4 months ago
    They could drop half of these awards and no-one would notice.
    INSOMANiAC 4 months ago
    How fast can we churn out awards so we can get to another advert?
    Matthew_Hornet 4 months ago
    WTF what is going on. Does he have somewhere else to be?
    INSOMANiAC 4 months ago
    Best indie game dumped in with best audio design. Weird system.
    Matthew_Hornet 4 months ago
    They did explicitly warn us there won't be many big reveals this year. I can't blame my watching this on anything but my own bad choices.
    Runcle 4 months ago
    The original Demon Souls
    alexanderjones1 4 months ago
    I just want some metroid any metroid will do
    INSOMANiAC 4 months ago
    Wooohooo they ruined Ghosts and Goblins!
    Oh wow GnG looking good
    Kami 4 months ago
    Oh shit Ghouls & Goblins!
    rabbitfrog 4 months ago
    I do not like this art style
    JorgeLuisBorges 4 months ago
    Dafuq
    xandaca 4 months ago
    Funky that they've brought in Dana DeLorenzo. Her character was a great addition to the Ash vs Evil Dead TV series (which was itself a lot of fun).
    Kami 4 months ago
    Yes please. I'll have that. In my veins. Right now.
    aldo_14 4 months ago
    Looks Evil Left4Dead
    INSOMANiAC 4 months ago
    It looks fucking shit but it's got Bruce Campbell in it
    OH SHIT
    Every single game this year feels like B-Lister
    OH. SHIT.
    Evil Dead?!
    Evil Dead?
    JorgeLuisBorges 4 months ago
    Evil dead
    liamhowell 4 months ago
    HOLY SHIT
    INSOMANiAC 4 months ago
    I feel genuinely happy for the Among us crew. They made a good game. Bet they wished they priced it at a tenner though.
    rabbitfrog 4 months ago
    Among ass, I like the sound of that game.
    Kami 4 months ago
    I mean, I know it exploded in popularity this year but still...
    Kami 4 months ago
    Among Us is cool but hasn't it been out for a couple years now?
    This feels so meaningless
    xandaca 4 months ago
    Once quarantine ends, everyone's favourite multiplayer game will be going outside.
    Kami 4 months ago
    (I am a massive Beyond Good & Evil fanboy and that teaser trailer from a couple years back made me irrationally cross)
    xandaca 4 months ago
    @INSOMANiAC Having spent this evening watching Die Another Day and now this, I'm asking the same question, but about life.
    Matthew_Hornet 4 months ago
    I am capable of believing that Tom Holland isn't embarrassed to be here.
    Kami 4 months ago
    Probably for the best, I think they got muddled between sequel and prequel and that teaser made bugger all sense for fans of the original game...
    Someone PLEASE tell me when this ends
    xandaca 4 months ago
    Anthropomorphised animals reminds me that Beyond Good & Evil 2 was once happening and was going to feature a chimp which never stopped swearing. Probably a good thing it's vanished off the radar since...
    Kami 4 months ago
    This is FIST if I remember...
    oh.
    INSOMANiAC 4 months ago
    Beyond Good and Evil. It lives!
    JorgeLuisBorges 4 months ago
    Like bulletstrom was
    INSOMANiAC 4 months ago
    Cliff Blezinski surely has something to do with this trailer
    liamhowell 4 months ago
    Is this Doom: Destiny?
    Runcle 4 months ago
    Covers with an apostrophe?
    Matthew_Hornet 4 months ago
    Technically there are things Star Citizen wants to do that Elite won't be doing in this update. But at the end of the day Elite made it happen and SC hasn't... yet.
    INSOMANiAC 4 months ago
    Playing Spelunky with an analogue stick, no wonder she needs mental health help.
    rabbitfrog 4 months ago
    I'm glad I could set that up for everyone
    alexanderjones1 4 months ago
    Not exactly full of earth shattering reveals so far
    INSOMANiAC 4 months ago
    David would ne so proud of his magnum opus being used to advertise a shooting game.
    megatronix 4 months ago
    lots of originality this year
    Pacman8MyGhostkart 4 months ago
    Do we really need Star Citizen now?
    Kami 4 months ago
    ... and I really want a Dino Crisis game. Seriously, they make Monster Hunter in the RE Engine for Switch. Dinosaurs in the RE Engine and they somehow - SOMEHOW - skipped right over Dino Crisis. The fuck, Capcom?!
    JorgeLuisBorges 4 months ago
    What did I miss? Other than Martin being pissed...
    xandaca 4 months ago
    @rabbitfrog It has a story Ark.
    Pacman8MyGhostkart 4 months ago
    Lol Elite Dangerous has really stolen Star Citizen's thunder.
    INSOMANiAC 4 months ago
    It had a story Ark.I'm sorry.
    Obligatory Bowie.
    GamesProgrammer 4 months ago
    Late to the party any big awards given out yet?
    rabbitfrog 4 months ago
    Did Ark have a story?
    INSOMANiAC 4 months ago
    Ark the animated series with an all star cast, Ark 2 with Vin Diesel.Both to appear in five years in a documentary about how Ark studios went bankrupt.
    INSOMANiAC 4 months ago
    Exactly how long is this... thing?
    Kami 4 months ago
    Well, we know where the budget that should have been spent fixing that game engine went...
    Runcle 4 months ago
    How does an Ark Animation series get that sort of talent?
    Matthew_Hornet 4 months ago
    Ark the Animated Series. Featuring... David Tennant? Eliot Page? Michelle Yeoh? WTF is going on
    xandaca 4 months ago
    For a moment I thought that said 'And Russell Crowe as Vin Diesel', which would have been legitimately incredible.
    Well that’s a cast!
    Kami 4 months ago
    Is Ark really popular enough to get an animated series?!
    INSOMANiAC 4 months ago
    Ark - The animated series, with a frame rate better than the game.
    INSOMANiAC 4 months ago
    Dragons Lair 3 - Finally!
    xandaca 4 months ago
    Looking forward to the blurry still-image port on Switch.
    Kami 4 months ago
    So we'll be able to play this on hardware in what, ten years?
    INSOMANiAC 4 months ago
    Damn, it's an Ark game. And I was hoping to run it.
    Matthew_Hornet 4 months ago
    Fuck! OK wasn't expecting that.
    Folie 4 months ago
    They are showing his belly button in distressing detail
    InflowOF 4 months ago
    is this ark with vin diesel?
    Kami 4 months ago
    I suddenly thought Dino Crisis and now I'm sad.
    liamhowell 4 months ago
    The Origins of Riddick
    Horizon: Dawn of Diesel?
    Well someone liked Horizon
    xandaca 4 months ago
    Now here's the Jetsons crossover bit.
    Scimarad 4 months ago
    The Past and the Primitive
    It's gone a bit Scorpion King
    xandaca 4 months ago
    Vin Diesel's gritty reboot of The Flintstones.
    INSOMANiAC 4 months ago
    Chronicles Of Horizon Zero God Of Dawn!
    INSOMANiAC 4 months ago
    It's Chronicles of Riddick 3!
    I like the music
    xandaca 4 months ago
    Those aren't natural caves, they were formed by Vin Diesel gargling all the rocks.
    Last gen was desperately lacking a Vin Diesel star vehicle
    Matthew_Hornet 4 months ago
    Doesn't Vin Diesel still own his own gamedev studio? I was pretty sure that was a thing.
    That is 100% Vin Diesel
    Who is pressing the "applause button"?1- Geoff's wife2 - Geoff's kid
    liamhowell 4 months ago
    VIN?!
    INSOMANiAC 4 months ago
    When you combine an acceptance speech with a hostage video.
    Kami 4 months ago
    The next game I'm getting hyped for is Story of Seasons: Pioneers of Olive Town.
    russellpearson 4 months ago
    spiritfarer should have won that
    INSOMANiAC 4 months ago
    Gal Gadot is my choice of next wife now Kelly Brook got a bit old.
    Pacman8MyGhostkart 4 months ago
    Ghosts of Toosh-shima and Gall Gadoooht.
    Banksy122 4 months ago
    There's a tinge of danger that she will suddenly start singing.
    Thelastusernameleft 4 months ago
    Applause = apple sauce, the Larry sanders show
    xandaca 4 months ago
    Fun fact: Gal Gadot is pronounced with a hard 't' at the end. Great work, Geoff.
    Beautiful graphical style on Seasons
    xandaca 4 months ago
    "Our grandparents lived for a thousand years." Yeah, my gran won't cop it either. Just more complaining, every Christmas.
    Pacman8MyGhostkart 4 months ago
    I love that after every event/award/trailer someone, somewhere is pressing an "applause" button to simulate the audience.Geoff's thought of everything and spared no expense.
    Kami 4 months ago
    I remember the Bowsette stuff. God, it still haunts my nightmares...
    INSOMANiAC 4 months ago
    Outside?? Read the room Geoff! We're gamers!
    Thelastusernameleft 4 months ago
    Where’s Eddie Vedder?Please not on a tlou2 dlc song...
    MrDurandPierre 4 months ago
    Bowser's Fury will star digitally recreated Dennis Hopper
    xandaca 4 months ago
    "Bowser's Fury deffo sounds a bit incognito browsing." At least it's not Bowser's Furry, which given he cosplays as a cat in the game, has terrifying internet potential.
    Folie 4 months ago
    Koji Kondo is such a genius
    INSOMANiAC 4 months ago
    Roughly how posh do you have to be to be in an orchestra?
    Kami 4 months ago
    Skipping straight over Yoshi's Island. That makes me sad.
    INSOMANiAC 4 months ago
    Imagine they just rereleased the old Marios. Again. Exactly the same but with this soundtrack. That would be epic.
    Kami 4 months ago
    And now some Mario music played by orchestra.
    Only multiplayer games
    Matthew_Hornet 4 months ago
    I appreciate Epic reminding me how they cancelled Unreal Tournament.
    INSOMANiAC 4 months ago
    'You have no idea whats coming'Yes, yes I do.
    INSOMANiAC 4 months ago
    Remember the good old days when you'd go to the video shop and buy a game on cassette for £1.99. And it was fucking shite. THOSE were the good days.
    Kami 4 months ago
    I get the feeling a lot of these snippet ads are just about reminding us a game exists.
    Matthew_Hornet 4 months ago
    That Mario music *was* a bop.
    liamhowell 4 months ago
    They killed Unreal Tournament and this is what they're doing with the remains? Look how they massacred my boy...
    UT had awesome weapons
    INSOMANiAC 4 months ago
    A velvet cake is a sponge cake thats red. That's all it has to it.
    xandaca 4 months ago
    "As someone with a chronic respiratory illness, I struggle with all the gasping I was doing at how terrible that Swedish chef segment was."
    INSOMANiAC 4 months ago
    We are now being lectured about vaping.
    xandaca 4 months ago
    Royce Payne should be a game protagonist name. Max Payne's distant, affluent cousin, perhaps.
    INSOMANiAC 4 months ago
    'This is a lack'I learned a new phrase.
    Kami 4 months ago
    Which Scrapheap Challenge era we talking about there?
    BRUV *>
    INSOMANiAC 4 months ago
    Muppets with real hands? What is life.
    Pacman8MyGhostkart 4 months ago
    Didn't these people see what's been happening over the last 12 months/with Monster Hunter
    Pacman8MyGhostkart 4 months ago
    Tried to show her my hobby, said it's come a long way. Now this...Christ
    I am high
    InflowOF 4 months ago
    Finally some real humor
    Kami 4 months ago
    I am so confused right now.
    Pacman8MyGhostkart 4 months ago
    Only a person who speaks a solitary language can laugh at this shit (my girlfriend, who speaks 5).And she's off to bed in disgust!
    INSOMANiAC 4 months ago
    And people said racism is dead! Geoff showed 'em!
    Matthew_Hornet 4 months ago
    @INSOMANiAC No, they do forced and unfunny skits every year.
    Banksy122 4 months ago
    The fuck is this
    Christ, we've gone low.
    Kami 4 months ago
    @Kiliko - I suppose they can afford it since they didn't need to rent a massive place to seat everyone.
    Banksy122 4 months ago
    Let's be honest; was there any point in nominating those other games?
    mecha-blargh 4 months ago
    Well the TLOU trolls are going to be really upset.Good.
    INSOMANiAC 4 months ago
    Velvet cake is dry and tasteless. Much like myself.
    Matthew_Hornet 4 months ago
    There's so much dumb bullshit about the VGAs, but the celebrity presenters FROM THE WRONG INDUSTRY just tick me off SO much in particular.
    xandaca 4 months ago
    Another interminable Last Of Us speech incoming, apparently.
    mecha-blargh 4 months ago
    Yep because this guy isn’t reading a cue card
    INSOMANiAC 4 months ago
    Velvet cake. Never as nice as it looks.
    Red velvet cake.
    Matthew_Hornet 4 months ago
    Why is John David Washington presenting a video game award?
    what just happened
    INSOMANiAC 4 months ago
    If Elder Scrolls 6 (which didnt even make it to the most anticipated games award incidentally)looks this good I will be very pleased
    Matthew_Hornet 4 months ago
    PHYSICS! PARTICLES! Pretty nice, honestly. Ooh, dragons!
    xandaca 4 months ago
    So far this evening has yielded Die Another Day, the Game Awards and the death of a Carry On national treasure, so I'm made myself some hot chocolate to compensate. This game looks a bit better than previous reveals, so hopefully things are on an upward trend from now.
    Folie 4 months ago
    Based on this, NotLeft4Dead and Warhammer - does next gen mean we see lots more blood?
    Streaming this to my 4K Telly and it looks lovely
    INSOMANiAC 4 months ago
    The environmental are astoundingly good
    Kami 4 months ago
    So is this a new MMO from the BDO team?
    We've just seen our first 30fps next gen game
    Banksy122 4 months ago
    AC Valhalla with Orcs
    Matthew_Hornet 4 months ago
    Not gonna lie, I'm very impressed by how this looks.
    INSOMANiAC 4 months ago
    Pan the camera real slow because it runs like shit.
    INSOMANiAC 4 months ago
    We are getting remarkably close to photo realism
    Kami 4 months ago
    Best part of Inquisition was the Iron Bull romance playing a male inuqisitor. #noshame
    Matthew_Hornet 4 months ago
    @Kiliko Yeah that had real 'fucking whatever' energy.
    Next gen game?? PS6??
    INSOMANiAC 4 months ago
    Overwatch without the lines.
    Matthew_Hornet 4 months ago
    4-player coop? I'm shocked, shocked!
    INSOMANiAC 4 months ago
    I like the graphical style.
    Folie 4 months ago
    @Matthew_Hornet nice! Good for on the telly
    Matthew_Hornet 4 months ago
    "Dragon Age: We Got That One Character You Liked, Please Buy The Game"
    OoOO its just called Dragon Age. Edgy
    @Folie Yes.
    Kami 4 months ago
    Two PS4 Releases, Martin?
    INSOMANiAC 4 months ago
    I thought Alzheimers was the worlds worst disease. Then my mother got Motor Neuron Disease.
    Folie 4 months ago
    Is full voice acting new for it?
    Matthew_Hornet 4 months ago
    Shades of Divinity Original Sin Definitive Edition?
    Kami 4 months ago
    Alzheimer's is a fucking horribly cruel disease.
    Disco Elysium does not look like a game that would fare well in 540p
    INSOMANiAC 4 months ago
    Just Barbara Windsor leaving this mortal coil.
    Disco Elysium Final Cut!
    Matthew_Hornet 4 months ago
    Riot Games being what they are, we're almost due for a Valorant music video at this point.
    Barbara Windsor has died. RIP
    Banksy122 4 months ago
    I am currently whelmed by Valorant.
    INSOMANiAC 4 months ago
    I dont want to shit in this ladies biscuit barrel, but I have never played Valorant
    Matthew_Hornet 4 months ago
    Valorant - it's not just a shooter, it's a TAC shooter!
    megatronix 4 months ago
    When your mum likes the game
    xandaca 4 months ago
    Ha ha, happy to suffer so you all don't have to! Also, being rude about Bad Bond is more fun than most of what's been shown on the Game Awards so far (Perfect Dark aside).
    Matthew_Hornet 4 months ago
    @xandaca Thank you for your sacrifice.
    INSOMANiAC 4 months ago
    Remember when Microsoft had that video with a woman telling us she liked to knit. Good times.
    That seems promising.
    Open Roads characters look very Broken Sword
    Broken Fjord 6
    The Hideo Kojima award for best Hideo Kojima game will be fifteen minutes long
    Kami 4 months ago
    Elden Ring... like most George R.R. Martin things, just taking forever.
    rebelradiouk 4 months ago
    Congratulations Insomniac you just won most Anticipated comment congratulations
    INSOMANiAC 4 months ago
    An award for most anticipated game... Ridiculous..
    Folie 4 months ago
    First time watching one of these, pretty brisk!
    xandaca 4 months ago
    Really churning through these awards. For the best, really, does anyone actually care about the awards part of this awards ceremony?
    Banksy122 4 months ago
    War40000Hammer
    rebelradiouk 4 months ago
    There has been a lot of 4 player co-op games tonight.
    Bereft4Bread
    liamhowell 4 months ago
    Left 40k Dead?
    INSOMANiAC 4 months ago
    We may very well be celebrating the 40,000th Warhammer 40,000 game in the next couple of years
    Tiel 4 months ago
    I'd like to know how long he practised those words!
    Matthew_Hornet 4 months ago
    What was that supposed to be? What's exactly Dead Space about that random CGI clip? In 10 seconds Glen gave us more info than that entire trailer.
    xandaca 4 months ago
    That didn't look like anything much, yet another Aliens-inflected sci-fi game, but it did remind me that I had a crush on Callisto from Xena: Warrior Princess. She and Xena in combat was a highlight of my nascent adolescence.
    Kami 4 months ago
    It may as well be Dead Space 4 at this rate.
    Well there we go, Dead Face 4
    rebelradiouk 4 months ago
    Master Cheif is coming to Fortnight.
    mecha-blargh 4 months ago
    No one wants cg announcements, show the bloody game or don’t bother
    Imagine it was Dead Space 4
    Tiel 4 months ago
    Why, in the future, are connections always so unreliable?
    Kami 4 months ago
    @INSOMANiAC - call me when they add the David Cage feature so I can rant about Emotions all evening!
    INSOMANiAC 4 months ago
    Sean is about to tell us about the new neural network patch, that puts you virtually into Peter Molyneux next game
    Kami 4 months ago
    They did work their backsides off on No Mans Sky...
    Matthew_Hornet 4 months ago
    This is also very nice. I don't mind being around for stuff like this.
    zeldaman666 4 months ago
    Very deserved win, that game has exploded since launch.
    xandaca 4 months ago
    And the winner is... everyone asleep in bed!
    INSOMANiAC 4 months ago
    If 47% of your audience think Fortnite should win, then Fortnite should probably win..
    Tiel 4 months ago
    Surely no mans sky' *deserves* thjis
    No rocket league?
    Matthew_Hornet 4 months ago
    That crossover is really nice actually.
    xandaca 4 months ago
    Die Another Day update: Halle Berry's just piloted a plane through a giant space laser and Toby Stephens is dressed as robocop. It's all perfectly sensible. Also, the film's had about 40 jokes about blades or knives getting 'to the point'.
    Tiel 4 months ago
    ok--nothing says bedtime like this!!
    INSOMANiAC 4 months ago
    I must get round to getting some friends.
    INSOMANiAC 4 months ago
    Overcooked is great fun multiplayer
    Sumo Newcastle for Hood, get off that whiskey lad
    Kami 4 months ago
    Eh, I liked its much slower pace. I think the U-Pad was key though, as an actual distraction.
    INSOMANiAC 4 months ago
    I get all warm and fuzzy seeing a Focus game, you know you're going to either really shit or distinctly average and I respect them for that.
    xandaca 4 months ago
    @Kami ZombiU's potential was amazing, but for me it felt very rushed and underfunded every step of the way.
    Matthew_Hornet 4 months ago
    What is this? Was anyone looking forward to this?
    @Pacman8MyGhostkart Fair point.
    Ball of Duty
    alexanderjones1 4 months ago
    It just feels lazy looks like a shiny left 4 dead and that title is just bad. Love left 4 dead but I am dubious especially after Evolve
    Folie 4 months ago
    Zips is gamer attire innit, always got to be ready to go
    Pacman8MyGhostkart 4 months ago
    It'll grow on you Martin, like a zombie infection.
    Kami 4 months ago
    You don't wanna see my mask then Martin. It's got two zips on either side that serve zero purpose than to look cool.
    INSOMANiAC 4 months ago
    zombi-u was a great game.
    xandaca 4 months ago
    Oh god, the zips. They're almost as bad as that son/sun pun Toby Stephens just ruefully delivered.
    el_pollo_diablo 4 months ago
    Leftovers4Lunch
    Pacman8MyGhostkart 4 months ago
    @MatthewhornetYou say that, but remember when the Wii was first announced when it's codename was 5 (Go) in Japanese and everyone thought it was pronounced "Why"?
    INSOMANiAC 4 months ago
    Chan in one zip, nasal spray in the other
    Kami 4 months ago
    @xandaca - see, I liked Zombi-U. A lot.
    el_pollo_diablo 4 months ago
    I wonder if we’ll see any of that Hitman 007 game tonight?
    Grpahics look nice on Beft4Bled
    xandaca 4 months ago
    I know this is a Left4Dead spiritual sequel, but it's made me think a bit of ZombiU, Ubisoft's failed Wii U game, which was a very mediocre experience with a great game in it had more time been spent developing its core ideas.
    Kami 4 months ago
    I still play L4D2 a lot by the way. I wish its Workshop was tidied up a bit because that is a royal mess...
    2, by a mile, sorry
    My vote's for the shoes
    InTheMood4Love
    Bloodfont 4 months ago
    You cannot deny that's L4D, annoying talking and all.
    Is Out4Blood...better?
    xandaca 4 months ago
    God, those trainers are horrendous. It's like their dreadfulness glows in the dark.
    Kami 4 months ago
    Yup. This... looks like L4D to me.
    Bloodfont 4 months ago
    Wonder if Valve owns the rights to left 4 dead.
    Kami 4 months ago
    That name is just... bad.
    alexanderjones1 4 months ago
    Feels like a lawsuit waiting to happen
    Banksy122 4 months ago
    C&D from Valve incoming
    Back4Blood is just taking the royal piss
    Back4Blood? Seriously?
    Matthew_Hornet 4 months ago
    That's infringement-levels of L4D.
    It's Left 4 Dead!
    Matthew_Hornet 4 months ago
    Or what was the name of that Guillermo del Toro project.
    Bloodfont 4 months ago
    Left 4 dead 3?
    Pacman8MyGhostkart 4 months ago
    @Tiel I couldn't believe it when I saw it.People paying money, just to gave a gold band around their stupid trolling comment - madness!
    Its (not) Left4Dead. Nice
    It's The Strain?
    Tiel 4 months ago
    perfect dark was one of the first games I found uinplayable due to motion sickness!
    the_ewan 4 months ago
    Weren't The Initiative slightly inept BtVS villains?
    Now that was cool!
    Oh god, those trainers.
    Tiel 4 months ago
    @pacman--I did not know you could pay to mcomment on youtube!Wow! Some smart alec had a good idea when they realsied people would pay to be heard
    Bloodfont 4 months ago
    THE ABSOLUTE MADMEN!!!!!
    Oh, well now.
    xandaca 4 months ago
    dataDyne? Noice. Die Another Day overtaken.
    Perfect Dark, a not-a-shit sequel. Finally
    el_pollo_diablo 4 months ago
    This team is made up of 12 Napoleon Dynamites by the look of it.
    Matthew_Hornet 4 months ago
    The Initiative. It's that Microsoft big new AAA team, if I'm not mistaken.
    Eco terror
    xandaca 4 months ago
    I'm genuinely impressed with how this is still struggling to compete with Die Another Day, a movie where Toby Stephens plays a Korean.
    Kami 4 months ago
    I think they just 3D Print a new Geoff every year now.
    INSOMANiAC 4 months ago
    Geoff sadly doesnt seem to age. We are going to have the game awards until the end of time.
    Pacman8MyGhostkart 4 months ago
    I've got another tab open for the Youtube comments and someone paid $10 so their comment would be large enough to complain about that win.That's where we are with this hobby, depressing.
    Bloodfont 4 months ago
    @Kiliko And what she's inevitably about to get too, which is just awful.
    el_pollo_diablo 4 months ago
    Actors are just awful aren’t they?
    INSOMANiAC 4 months ago
    When youve seen shorter speeches for best actor Oscars
    Matthew_Hornet 4 months ago
    Laura Bailey always gives 100%! Awards speeches included.
    Baritone 4 months ago
    This is still quite the speech.
    xandaca 4 months ago
    "I don't know what else to say."How is there any air left in the world after all you've said so far?!
    Kami 4 months ago
    I mean... I don't love TLOU2. Brave? Sure. But not for me. Still enjoyed it more than Resi 3 Remake though so...
    xandaca 4 months ago
    She's taking the Game Awards a bit too seriously.
    INSOMANiAC 4 months ago
    OK love, we get it, off you pop
    Pacman8MyGhostkart 4 months ago
    @INSOMNIAC probably getting over the stress caused by all those pyschos sending death threats.
    Having only played the first 5 hours of TLOU2 this has... ramifications
    Tiel 4 months ago
    I wonder if acting school teaches you to do award emotions?
    Bloodfont 4 months ago
    I love a good trigger session and tonight will be one twitter won't forget in a long time.
    INSOMANiAC 4 months ago
    shes going to weep. SHES GOING TO WEEP! Now it's a real awards show!
    Matthew_Hornet 4 months ago
    Bailey coming in to bring some dignity to the proceedings.
    Kami 4 months ago
    I think TLOU2 is just going to get all the awards tonight.
    INSOMANiAC 4 months ago
    Laura Baileys house look very cosy.
    Pacman8MyGhostkart 4 months ago
    Lol Abby winning is gonna trigger "those people" something awful - get in!
    xandaca 4 months ago
    Brie Larson cosplaying as a bank manager.
    Matthew_Hornet 4 months ago
    Why is Brie Larson presenting at a video games award show?
    TUCKER JENKINS!
    INSOMANiAC 4 months ago
    Sephiroth is never going to be unpopular
    Kami 4 months ago
    To be fair, I think there'll be a ton of positive reactions to that on the YouTubes.
    Banksy122 4 months ago
    Man, even pretending to stab Mario feels a bit wrong
    Pacman8MyGhostkart 4 months ago
    How expensive is Smash on Switch now for real? With numerous DLCS and Nintendo games never going down in price, must be almost £100 surely? Would like a GOTY version considering all the money I spent on the Wii U version.
    INSOMANiAC 4 months ago
    Thats my bet on it being Bob Holness down the shitter.
    Tiel 4 months ago
    Ok, so what's the weirdest smash characters they could imntroduce for the ovber 40's? Juliet Bravo? Bergerac? Bobby from Dalls?
    Matthew_Hornet 4 months ago
    Oh thank god, we were suffering a terrible Sephiroth shortage.
    ESTUANS INTERIS IRA VERHEMENTIS
    Oh wowsers
    INSOMANiAC 4 months ago
    Its Norman Bates! YES! Oh.
    Oh man they didn't...
    megatronix 4 months ago
    I shouldn't expect new metroid game at some point, should I?
    xandaca 4 months ago
    Bet it's Cranky Kong.(Or in-keeping with all my comments so far, maybe Halle Berry as Jinx)
    INSOMANiAC 4 months ago
    Well, heres a smash character announcement to make a lot of people lose their shit
    and here's the Smash reveal
    xandaca 4 months ago
    I'm continuing to watch Die Another Day and Geoff Keighley's trainers are still the worst thing I've seen tonight. And I've seen Pierce Brosnan fake an orgasm!
    Matthew_Hornet 4 months ago
    Why is Eddie Vedder performing at a video games awards show?
    Kami 4 months ago
    Camera man, tip; NEVER PAN DOWN TO THOSE THINGS. Ever. Just... just pretend he doesn't have feet. Thanks!
    Folie 4 months ago
    Quite jazzy, like when you got new trainers as a kid and had to wear them with everything for the first week
    vste 4 months ago
    Oh come on! Bring back the pretty lady!
    Oh god those sneakers
    Geoff 'did I mention I know Hideo Kojima' Keighley
    Pacman8MyGhostkart 4 months ago
    Wearing a suit with trainers should be a capital offence.
    Matthew_Hornet 4 months ago
    Good thing that one is Age of Something or Other, in case people got confused about whether it's fantasy or not.
    I heard a rumour this guy knows Hideo Kojima
    now I'm baffled!
    Oh Geoff those trainers
    xandaca 4 months ago
    Wait, this isn't even the Game Awards? Why were they doling out awards, then?
    Phil Harmonic has my favourite orchestra. Top Guy
    Kami 4 months ago
    What was that old PS3 dragon riding game? Gave me those vibes...
    Tiel 4 months ago
    @insomniac--to be fair a snooker player is probably closer to an athelete than an e-sports player. They at least have to stand up for a long period of time!
    Kami 4 months ago
    I... get eSports as a thing, I just think most of them are kind of boring.
    Panzer Dragoon Lager
    xandaca 4 months ago
    @INSOMANiAC The competition is fierce!
    alexanderjones1 4 months ago
    Martin I also find eSports utterly baffling and I am in my 20s (just)
    Banksy122 4 months ago
    I'm sure there's something athletic about the speed at which these people hammer their keyboards. Maybe.
    INSOMANiAC 4 months ago
    Best film with an invisible car in it.
    Tiel 4 months ago
    Is it controvbersial fdor me to think that e-sports and the wqord athelete are mutually exclusive. E-sports is ok, but it doesn;t require any athleticism. I am a gamer, but I'm no-one's idea of an athelete!
    xandaca 4 months ago
    Pierce Brosnan should win Best eSport Athlete for that CGI surfing scene.
    *eyes glaze over*
    INSOMANiAC 4 months ago
    Is a snooker player an athelete?
    mecha-blargh 4 months ago
    Esports gamers are not athletes fuck off
    Tiel 4 months ago
    @martinso true! This bit is gibberish to me, but split screen mario is legendary!
    INSOMANiAC 4 months ago
    Call it a sport if you like, but don't call them fucking atheletes
    xandaca 4 months ago
    eSports now? Impressive how this is making even the worst part of the second worst Bond film look... bearable.
    Sorry, wrong answer, the Winner is Tetris World Champinship, for all awards
    Kami 4 months ago
    Time for all the awards no-one gives a flying shit about.
    INSOMANiAC 4 months ago
    OFK? More like GTFO, amirite?
    Tiel 4 months ago
    @kilko-I tried Automato when it hit gamepass and was glad I hadn't bought it all those times I was tempted. I held of due to pc port problems, but it felt pretty unispired in the first hour or so!
    Folie 4 months ago
    @Tiel hope they put in the cheers for VAR decision being overturned too
    Gamblix 4 months ago
    At least this isn't s Just Dance montage from Ubisoft
    INSOMANiAC 4 months ago
    Whats this shit?I hate it.
    So... knockoff Gorillaz?
    Tiel 4 months ago
    I think I like the canned applause. At this stage in Covid I'm happy to pretened there's a crowd!
    Its a bullet hell
    Tiel 4 months ago
    I think I'd buy persona 5 again to play on switch. Played 4 on vita and it was the perfect combo.
    xandaca 4 months ago
    WHAT?! Miranda Frost betrayed Bond in North Korea? Who could have seen this coming?Oh, wait, wrong channel.
    Gamblix 4 months ago
    That's a title
    Tiel 4 months ago
    @quicksylver--fingers crossed-I'm sure it's coming at some point, and for some reason I want to play this on console-it rather made my pc howl! So chill just tofly around for a bit.I've had persona 5 for years and still not got to plating beyond the first 30 mins.Not enough time.
    INSOMANiAC 4 months ago
    @kami, no, it isnt a reasonable trade
    INSOMANiAC 4 months ago
    Shes got big pants.Frank Sidebottom would be proud
    Kami 4 months ago
    @INSOMANiAC: Switch getting Shin Megami Tensei 5 exclusively so I guess it's a reasonable trade.
    Quiksylver 4 months ago
    @Tiel Erm I just looked on the game pass app a d it was available to download onto my SX, though it hasn't started downloading. Also, I cant find it on Game Pass on the console itself. Weird.
    INSOMANiAC 4 months ago
    The fact Persona 5 isnt on Switch is one of the most ridiculous business decisions of recent times
    xandaca 4 months ago
    Just tuned in and was immediately greeted with yet another version of Myst. Expectations hit rock bottom in record time.
    INSOMANiAC 4 months ago
    Pistol Whip on Quest 2 is highly recommended if you ever wanted to be John Wick from your back bedroom
    Matthew_Hornet 4 months ago
    This seems like such a natural fit, I'm surprised Myst wasn't already in VR.
    Tiel 4 months ago
    @insomniac--fair enough but I feel Cyberpunk is the best openworld game I've played recently. The story is great,the graphiocs mindblowing, and the sytems deep but chilled.
    INSOMANiAC 4 months ago
    Im looking forward to playing Myst on the Quest. The room is excellent if a bit overpriced
    Kami 4 months ago
    Samurai-punk is also a thing.
    Folie 4 months ago
    Punk-related learnings - apparently solarpunk is a thing
    Tiel 4 months ago
    @quickslyver--have I understood you--are you saying the flight sim is on xbox now? Hope so--even though I've played it on my PC, it is so taxing I'd rather just play whatever they do on a console, and unistall from my limted space pc SSD.
    INSOMANiAC 4 months ago
    As I said in the comments of the review, I feel like Cyberpunk is taking the best parts of other games and not doing them as well, Hitman, GTA, Destiny, Watchdogs etc. The story seems pretty good if a bit confusing but the 'edgelord' of it all annoys me a bit. It's a GTA satirical world without the satire.
    Quiksylver 4 months ago
    Matthew_Hornet 4 months ago
    Is there a name for this genre? 'Arty platformer'?
    INSOMANiAC 4 months ago
    Any news on the Bob Carolgees and Spit The Dog RPG rumoured from Bethesda?
    Kami 4 months ago
    As for the BOTW "sequel"... wouldn't Nintendo hold that out for the Zelda 35th Showcase in what, February?
    Been trying to figure out if I actually like Cyberpunk 2077
    Tiel 4 months ago
    Look if the whiskey has you all nostalgic for that Alba stereo it's all good. I've been sticking to hobgoblin....and it's making me really reminisce about how far my hobby has come since I had a galaxy invaders handheld.Playing Cyberpunk today--what became of my childhood hobby! Earth invaders..that little yellow pacman mini handheld--brilliant!
    INSOMANiAC 4 months ago
    Don't worry, I have arrived.
    Martin my dude, that wasn’t Alba 😬
    Tiel 4 months ago
    Alba stereo! See that is why I am at home on this site...even though I had a saisho tape to tape with high speed dubbing
    Kami 4 months ago
    is Alba still a thing? Hardware wise, I mean.
    Tiel 4 months ago
    I dare you to leave your bank details!Seriously, though, I'm not made of money but I'd like to support Eurogamer without crappy ads!Back to the awards!
    Tiel 4 months ago
    wow--she has a lot of good personality!
    Kami 4 months ago
    We absolutely need more Nina Motherf**king Struthers in our 2020!
    YES! NINA STRUTHERS!
    weblaus 4 months ago
    Yes, of course we're all here mostly for the awards. Why else?
    Pacman8MyGhostkart 4 months ago
    The pre show with Sydnee Goodman has begun while his pre show is still going?
    Gamblix 4 months ago
    Will Geoff let his guests speak?
    Tiel 4 months ago
    Thanks for the heads up, Martin.Somehow I'd convinced myself to expect an announcement from MS on the scale of the addition of EA Play
    Kami 4 months ago
    The return of a beloved series? *gasp* So it's true... WET 2 is getting revealed! :p
    No preshow yet.
    Nathan-DTS 4 months ago
    Preshow is a circle jerk. Will try again at half past.
    Kami 4 months ago
    Also Windjammers 2 is delayed into next year. But we probably expected that.
    Kami 4 months ago
    And back. I've seen some warnings that we shouldn't expect anything earth-shattering in terms of reveals tonight.
    Matthew_Hornet 4 months ago
    It's starting in the early evening for the Americans, which if we're being honest are the target audience for this thing anyway.
    skaroskaro 4 months ago
    Good grief, why can’t they put these things on at times people are awake?
    Alkaline 4 months ago
    Elden Ring. Elden Ring. Elden Ring. Elden ring.
    elizagonciarz 4 months ago
    Im living in Poland now so thats 1hr more of waiting up! so safe to say theres more chance of seeing Army Men the remaster than me being able to stay awake..
    el_pollo_diablo 4 months ago
    They should at some point get with the times and change the name of the VGAs to the SVGAs. Then they can play cutting edge interactive experiences like "Links" the way they're meant to be played.
    Kami 4 months ago
    I... I have many questions...
    Kami 4 months ago
    Holding image? Gotta be nipples in Cyberpunk, surely that's enough?
    Kami 4 months ago
    No worries, I won't be here for the next two hours either. I shall be finishing Age of Calamity this evening.
    Kami 4 months ago
    Oh it's this time of year is it?