PlayStation 5 launch day live

Make room! The chunky boi has landed.

And now the next generation is fully here! Microsoft started off the party last week, and Sony's arriving fashionably late with the launch of its PlayStation 5 in the UK today (Nintendo meanwhile is sulking upstairs saying the real next-gen started with the Switch back in 2017, actually). Join us throughout the day as we chart the events of PlayStation 5's first day in the wild.

Our live coverage of this event has finished.

Good morning, hello, hi and how do you do?

And what a fine day it promises to be.

Unless you ordered your PlayStation 5 through Game, or have been assigned Yodel as your delivery agent...

But there is still hope for you! We'll be keeping an eye on updates, running through the launch day news and, well, generally just chatting nonsense with you all here throughout the day.

SevenOutOfTen says:

I stupidly bought through GAME and have been swapped over to Yodel at the last second... apparently my console is sitting over in the next city, but has yet to be put in the van for delivery. The temptation to cycle over and raid the depot is higher than it should be for someone in their late 20's who just wants to plug a bit of plastic into his TV so he can play Spider-Man.

Best of luck to you!

And of course if you want to find out what's worth playing on launch day, check out our reviews of the brilliant Demon's Souls and pack-in title Astro's Playroom.

We'll have reviews for Sackboy: A Big Adventure for you a bit later this morning (it sounds like a very good time) and the slightly less promising Godfall early tomorrow.

That's my little bit of admin and shameless self-promotion out of the way - sorry about that.

I feel awfully privileged that I've had mine for a couple of weeks - I will say to all those waiting, though, that you're in for a lovely time.

I don't think I've been quite so enamoured with a piece of Sony hardware since the PSP/PS2 days.

Though given how dry the PlayStation 4 was, and how much of a misstep the PlayStation 3 was, that's not saying much. But still! This thing is awesome.

It helps that it's a console that comes with a real personality of its own (how can it not given how ostentatious it looks!)

Good morning everybody!

Mine has arrived!

Live unboxing please Bertie!

My delivery driver wasn't as chirpy this time. I don't think he really understood what he was delivering!

So when I asked him if I could - "and I know this is a bit unusual" - take his picture, he looked at me like I'd just shat on his foot.

"OK," he eventually answered.

"But not the face."

I must say, the unboxing experience wasn't quite as nice as with Xbox. It's a more traditional tip and shake procedure with PlayStation 5 (don't actually shake the contents out). Less of a treasure chest-style reveal.

el_pollo_diablo says:

Important Question - will you be wiping down the box with antiseptic before you open it?

That is a good question! No but I do wash my hands after opening the cardboard, before I get to the more protected innards.

The PlayStation 5 box is terrible. There, I said it.

There's no sense of occasion to it, like there is with the Series X box. It's just a flimsy sleeve that'd already torn by the time it arrived at mine.

richardbegg says:

I plan on washing my hands after touching the outside box and then licking the PS5 box from top to bottom.

This is probably the most boring picture you'll ever see of PlayStation 5, but here's what it looks like, looking into the box. I mean, there's almost what looks like a face, but that's about as exciting as it gets.

I actually can't believe no-one's done a taste test or taste comparison yet.

Bertie, can you lick it please?

Versus - and apologies for putting this in the PlayStation live stream (don't hate me!) - this.

Funny you should ask me to lick it actually, Martin!

The machine was so cold, presumably having been in a very non-cosy warehouse overnight, that when I shook it out of the box (again, don't shake the console out of the box), it started to gather condensation on it's sheer white collared sides. It was like a cactus in the desert, drawing up moisture so a friendly animal could come and lick it!

I'm sorry, I'm getting a bit over excited. It was more of a dehumidifier than cactus.

And you're that friendly animal!

Also, I must say, the PlayStation 5 is not big on 'fitting in'.

Heck, it's just big full stop.

It is as tall as the table holding my telly!

I had to rearrange everything to fit it in, the gaudy old beast.

Note the Warcraft orc to the side there. I'm a real connoisseur.

_TheDarkSide_ says:

Xbox wins the box-off!That Xbox box is a very nice box... Nice and boxy.

It is! Lovely crisp, sharp sides. It's gorgeous.

el_pollo_diablo says:

That Panasonic amp is looking very nervous.

Haha - and very old! You should feel the heat it pumps out! My cat loves it.

AkumaG says:

Isn't it bad for disc scratchy scratchy to have a console on carpet?

I have no idea! But I'm not going to rub them around the carpet, if that's what you're getting at.

But then, I like to think of the PlayStation 5 as deliberately not wanting to fit in. It reminds me of a particular classic car.

Mostly because it's exactly the same size.

LordDemigod says:

@Robert PurcheseTurning on hardware that has just arrived cold, especially in winter months, is #1 way to kill your equipment early. As you noticed condensation is gathering on the console, it will appear on the inside as well. You always let your tech warm up before switching it on.

Thank you! In that case, this live report has saved me, for I have not turned it on yet!

Oh, I wanted to add that I really appreciate both consoles arriving without any polystyrene, and with minimal plastic at all. The machine and controller were wrapped in one of those soft plastic blankets, and there's a plastic handle on the box, but that's it. I don't think there was any plastic on the Xbox Series S box. Baby steps!

Or in the Xbox Series S box. The more I think about it, the more that impresses me. Bravo Microsoft!

IainGamer says:

Well had mine since about 9.30 and after all the setup now playing Astro Playroom and just loving it!! A great idea to have an installed game like this to keep you entertained while downloading Spider-Man. How many actually using the stand when vertical? Forgot to put mine on but like it without it.

Yes it's much nicer not on the stand, isn't it? Does it - and I apologise for not knowing this, but I'm not going to start pretend being knowledgeable now - definitely need to be mounted on the stand? Is there a cooling or operational benefit to it? Because if there's not... Well, when your console is a big as a human child, why put it in heels as well?

MistahParker says:

Can somebody please send enormous amounts of love to whoever is running the JellyDeals Twitter account? I managed to get mine mid-September from Very and is out for delivery now, and also get one for my nephew today arriving before Christmas. Both because of that account

I certainly can!

ShiftyGeezer says:

@Darkside : "Bertie... Are you tempted to take the rest of the day off? ;-)"He literally gets paid to play PS5 all day and call it games journalism, reporting on the experience. How awesome is that?!

Haha, shh, don't make it sound like that!

Apparently you need to use the stand even when horizontal, due to the way the console curves. (Now's a good time to plug our PS5 stand explainer, especially since it's actually more complicated than you think, and involves removing a screw which I definitely won't lose when my own console arrives later today.)

I knew that, Matt! I promise I did.

el_pollo_diablo says:

If anyone does have their machine delayed until tomorrow or Saturday, do be nice to the delivery person. It isn't their fault and they've kept this country going all year.

That is a very lovely sentiment, and worth everyone bearing in mind, even if your delivery driver doesn't want you to take a picture of them.

Congratulations everyone else whose new PlayStation 5s have arrived, and commiserations those of you having delivery nightmares. That really sucks and I feel for you. Hang in there!

On a different note:

There have been no sightings of Gregg's hamper at Eurogamer towers.

Also, I'm sure you've all seen this, but:

blarts says:

I'm personally surprised no one has yet made the connection between the Series X and the PS5 being akin to Barad-dûr and Orthanc from LOTR.

You say that...

A reminder: Jelly Deals will be tracking all the places to buy PS5 today, if you're still after buying one.

I ordered mine back in September when I was half-way up a mountain in Bulgaria. Seriously. Great 4G coverage out there.

IainGamer says:

This is a great idea! Particularly Astro's Playroom is an amazing demonstration of the new things PS5 can do.

Not long now until the lovely video team get going on their launch day extravaganza.

But note, there seem to be some teething problems with the PS5 launch. As Wes reports: "PS5 launches in the UK with a pretty serious "queued for download" bug".

The practical implications of that bug being:

ShiftyGeezer says:

The other more serious bug seems to be the rest mode bug bricking consoles. Probably worth suggesting users disable that until it's confirmed safe.

Worth noting!

I really love the new DualSense controller design, although I do not love the way Sony gives controllers fancy names. "PS5 pad" is good enough for me.

Boooo_urns says:

It really does look like the old Carling pump of yester year.

Haha - yes it does!

For reference.

minmax says:

Mine just arrived. It’s instant and permanent love. I’ll tell you this. Everything they say about the controller is true. Astounding. Demon’s Souls installing...Wishing you all happy gaming if you’re getting yours today.

Infectious happiness! Enjoy!

curtlikesmeat says:

Hey everyone, skipping the console launches this time but hoping you have a great day. Just come by to soak up some of the new console excitement! There's nothing like new console / new PC day, especially when the generations are so long these days! Have nice.

How marvellously nice of you!

This just in:

JayArr says:

Up until two days ago I thought I was definitely getting a PS5 today from Ebuyer. Yesterday morning I started having doubts, seeing other people report that their payments had been taken while mine hadn't. Yesterday evening Ebuyer finally confirmed that they were never getting the stock to meet all the preorders they happily took in September. They just kept silent for as long as possible. Bunch of sods.Looks like I'm waiting indefinitely to get my new toy. Enjoy yours if you have it!

Oh that sucks. Sorry to hear it. But good things come to people who wait, just you wait and see! And I don't just mean Heinz Ketchup. That wouldn't be worth the wait.

Mine has arrived! Now to patiently wait until lunch to set it up and get everything downloading over the afternoon.

Yes it is a bit of a faff getting it all updated and signed in and what not. I mean, who can honestly remember their PlayStation password these days? No, just me?

Sixtoe says:

I've been on a conference call all morning and have finally been called out for jumping out of my chair and running for the front door each time I hear something which could even passably be considered a van in the road...This really feels like the excitement of xmas come early, except I'm looking forward to this :D

Haha - brilliant!

Username69 says:

The controlller really is great. Shame I had to take the front of the house off to get it through the door

The controller is wonderful! I've just been playing around a bit in Astro's Playroom and my goodness, that HD rumble, and the haptic feedback in the triggers. The moment when you fire Astro's rocket boosters with the triggers for the first time is incredible. I can't wait to see what other games do with it.

mrmonkey101 says:

Loving astro so far (not even touched Spiderman or demon souls)... Only issue is that the cat is not impressed with the vibrations or noise from the dualsense so keeps on try to bat it out of my hand 😂

Like this, you mean?

Bush_Killa-73 says:

The eagle has landed! The delivery driver said I've a about 100+ of those in my van what is it a hamper? When I told him what it was his eyes widened and he said Ya beauty I'll be making some serious cash off them tonight!! Wtf lol. Hopefully he was joking!! Happy launch day guys I'm about to start work but off Fri sat thank fuck!!

Haha - goodness! I hope he was joking.

Some_Call_Him_Laz says:

Astro Bot may be one of the finest console freebies since snail maze on the sega master system. Its so damn adorable.

Matt Reynolds drops the tweet everyone was waiting for.

Thanks Bertie! Though it looks big in comparison, the PS5 is actually smaller than I was expecting based on everything I've heard. Anyone else unboxing today think the same?

Looking for another game to play on PS5? Don't forget Sackboy: A Big Adventure. Vikky reviewed it and really liked it. "A breezy delight of an adventure," she called it.

Other PS5-related bits you may find interesting:

And hot from the Foundry:

DarkBytes says:

Didn't pre order, managed to get one from John Lewis this morning, being delivered tomorrow, chuffed!

Goodness! Bravo!

weebleman says:

88 stops to go...

Crikey. You need to invent a game to play while you count down the stops. You could have a drink for every stop cleared but you might get very drunk, and then who knows what you'll do with your PS5 when it arrives.

Something I'm impressed with is the PS4 data transfer process. It's pretty granular - you can select specific games (I put everything I wanted on an external hard drive ahead of time) as well as individual users; it's mainly just me using the console, but I forgot I had some Japan and US store accounts, which is handy. Saves, meanwhile, is everything attached to those accounts - amounting to 20GB of data (!) - but didn't take longer than 5 minutes to transfer across.

You've now made me feel very worried that I haven't transferred any PS4 data, Matt.

But I did put the PS4 inside the PS5 box, which is basically the same thing. Isn't it?

"'We don't talk about Microsoft here,' one of them hollered."

Emma is back with another boots-on-the ground report of a what a console launch looks like in lockdown England.

joe2 says:

That link 15:15 is broken..

What a silly sausage I am! Thanks!

weebleman says:

Obligatory 69 stops away update

We're rooting for you, Weeble!

Well, it's been quite a day. I hope those of you waiting for your PS5s to arrive get them safe and sound this afternoon and evening. Sorry you've had to wait so long.

We will be following stories of stock shortages throughout the week as they happen, and pursuing any stories about bugs and issues with the PS5 system itself.

Otherwise, enjoy your new toy. We'll be winding down the live report from here. Thank you for joining us - it's been fun!

Sign in to comment on this livetext.
    Eaton_Corvinus 10 months ago
    @AlleyKat You can charge the DualSense with a 5V USB charger, just like you could with the DualShock 4.
    leecain1 10 months ago
    Got my digital edition from Argos and was delivered at 9am. A world away from my late evening PS4 launch day experience. Well done Argos...or Centersoft as it turns out!
    darren1976 10 months ago
    @itsinthegame That’s bloody ridiculous. Luckily you got to it!
    LeastResistance 10 months ago
    Mine is buggered.It crashes and freezes pretty much immediately when I try and play anything.Tried various full resets and starting again from scratch, without external drive second time, without external drive or data transfer from my PS4 third time - doesn't make any difference.It's unusable.I'm totally, absolutely gutted
    LeastResistance 10 months ago
    @michaelfoster I feel for you buddy.Mine is unusable as well. It seems to run the OS alright, but all games freeze pretty much immediately, the longest run I've had without a freeze is no more than a couple of minutes.The freezes usually lock the console until it switches itself off, and then needs to be switched back on with the power switch, the controller will not do it.One freeze was so severe that I had to switch it off at the wall.It's unusable 😞
    tonkertoy 10 months ago
    So my Amazon driver was 2 stops away at around 2pm this afternoon, gives me the tracking map he drives past mine and has been stationary for the last 2 hours. no ps5. at least I know where he lives as I can still track him on the map..
    gingamonkey 10 months ago
    @robjwalmsley It’s a bug with the UK PS store - Works fine in other territories. It’s a Sony UK store issue - Same is happening with Valhalla.
    michaelfoster 10 months ago
    Set up the PS5 all good, using an external hdd for ps4 game storage. However every time I turn the console on it rebuilds itself, try to repair the external hdd but sticks on a black screen. I have to power the console off then turn it back on for it to rebuild the database again then I can use it. Should I avoid using externals till Sony actually fixes the problem ?
    weebleman 10 months ago
    @curtlikesmeat i think theyve just got past shelob. 30 stops to go...
    itsinthegame 10 months ago
    Amazon left mine in the entrance way of my huge flat block, unattended and scared. I managed to rescue it before anyone else picked it up but be vigilant everyone!
    witchdrash 10 months ago
    How come every-time there's this release there's a mad scramble, massive scalping and the vendors and manufacturers look surprised as if it hasn't all been done before? Just do pre-orders centrally for the release window, allow people even today to pre-order, give a rough feeling for release day and let me get back on with my life. I don't want to play check out roulette several times a day, I'll give you my money and if it's mid-December before I get one that's fine.
    robjwalmsley 10 months ago
    Got mine at lunch time, all smooth except I can’t upgrade the disc version of watch dogs legion, it says buy it instead of the upgrade option, oh well, can’t have it all...
    EvilAspirin 10 months ago
    Aaah! It's 8 stops away!
    hungarygrowler 10 months ago
    After sitting by the window for 8 hours like an excited child it's finally arrived!
    sp1der1976 10 months ago
    Hope EG take the retailers to task over the God-awful availability of day one PS5 stock.Yes these things are in high demand and in short supply, but the truth about stock levels has been equally absent.
    themightyant 10 months ago
    @Martin Robinson. Nice unexpected bonus - the PS4 SKY App works on PS5. Granted it's still the same sluggish one with low resolution (720p?) and abysmal frame rate app but it's better than no app at all.
    themightyant 10 months ago
    @johnprice1 ;-)I didn't dare play anything more than try a couple of PS4 games or my resolve would fold
    EvilAspirin 10 months ago
    My Amazon delivery is still the ominous Today by 11pm message. Please Amazon just say it's getting nearby!
    curtlikesmeat 10 months ago
    @weebleman Meanwhile, your delivery driver and his satnav: "We must get off the mountain! Make for the Gap of Rohan and take the west road to my city!"
    Lexkalin 10 months ago
    Sony always like to release a phat-bottomed girl before going out with a weightwatchers version down the road. Wonder how long it will take this time to shave off a few.
    johnprice1 10 months ago
    @themightyant Playing a little Astro at lunch time was a mistake
    noboard 10 months ago
    Is anyone else having server issues? My stepson can't redeem a PS Plus code and can't start the new COD game, it's stuck at press x
    weebleman 10 months ago
    Obligatory 69 stops away update
    Rogueywon 10 months ago
    Mine's set up under the TV now. Not small, is it? Not massively sold on the aesthetic, which is a bit too "beached orca" for my liking and really don't like the cheapo plastic-tat stand. But it does have a reassuringly solid feel to it - reminiscent of the original PS3. The dualsense is lovely.
    themightyant 10 months ago
    @johnprice1 "How am I meant to focus on work when my PS5 is all set up in the room next door waiting for me?" In the same boat. Took tomorrow off, convinced it wouldn't arrive today let alone early. Distracted.
    kevintrebell-hotmail 10 months ago
    Enjoy your new consoles all. Love launch days. Hope you have as much fun as I did last week.
    preztail099 10 months ago
    Mines out and quiet as a mouse which is lovely after the 747 Pro. Dual sense is next gen can't go back now
    afcone 10 months ago
    At least if you're waiting on Game/Yodel the worst case is that you'll get it tomorrow. Pity those of us who got told *yesterday evening* that Ebuyer had actually sold far more preorders than stock and that we'll have to wait weeks. *Sob*
    johnprice1 10 months ago
    How am I meant to focus on work when my PS5 is all set up in the room next door waiting for me? This is some cruel and unusual torture!
    barkertron 10 months ago
    CALL OFF THE HOUNDS, I AM BUT ONE STOP FROM UTOPIA
    barkertron 10 months ago
    After previously making encouragingly regular progress, my Amazon driver has been stuck at 3 stops away for quite some time and now I'm worried that some kind of abduction/explosion/Ocean's Eleven-style heist is underway. Anyone got a spare drone?
    weebleman 10 months ago
    Technically I should be working and not watching those stops tick down. The reality is I’m sat at the kitchen table with a cat watching a tiny van travel round a map like an 8 bit retelling of lord of the rings.
    nee50n 10 months ago
    I thought launch day was Tuesday! I’ve been angry with Curry’s for the past couple of days wondering where my PS5 was! It arrived today and I was thinking “about bloody time”!
    johnprice1 10 months ago
    If it helps weebleman, mine turned up when it still had 7 to go
    weebleman 10 months ago
    88 stops to go...
    DarkBytes 10 months ago
    AlphaOneZero 10 months ago
    Finally an update from Yodel, at least now i'll have a delivery time... Your parcel has been scheduled for a PM delivery...FFS
    LordDemigod 10 months ago
    @gingamonkey - sorry, just saw your comment - glad to hear it's not just broken for me. Hopefully Ubisoft/Sony fix it soon, I was really hoping to play PS5 Valhalla tonight, but can't due to this bug.
    gingamonkey 10 months ago
    At rmoore12 - It's a store side issue, so it's on Sony rather than Ubisoft (who have no control over that). Been working fine in other regions - See this linkhttps://youtu.be/PB5iKPjS9zg
    CJM 10 months ago
    While it's certainly big, I'm not finding it oppressively so. It'll certainly be less obtrusive than my PS4 Pro (hopefully), which I've been worried will disturb my neighbours at times.It helps that I really rather like the look of it personally; compared with my OG Xbox... well that is big and a right ugly beast to boot.
    ppsupreme 10 months ago
    There seems to be a bug where disc PS5 games uninstall themselves silently when you remove the disc. Some people claim installing offline and making a save, or, letting the game initiate install without pressing "copy" stopped it for them.
    rmoore12 10 months ago
    @gingamonkey ah okay, I had a feeling something was wrong. Thanks for your advice, hopefully Ubisoft will fix it soon (unless it’s a Sony error!)
    Robozot 10 months ago
    Happy Christmas to everyone who got their PS5 today! I’m so glad that Astrobot is getting so much love - I thought the PSVR game was the best thing on PS4 already. Can’t wait to play the new one, hopefully before Spring 2021 once there’s new PS5 stock!
    LordDemigod 10 months ago
    Got my PS5 - however, neither Watch Dogs Legion or Valhalla have the PS5 upgrade option? I inserted the PS4 disc, went into the Store page for both, and according to the internet there should be a "free PS5 upgrade" edition - that doesn't exist for me at all. Can anyone check please?
    Bush_Killa-73 10 months ago
    gingamonkey 10 months ago
    @rmoore12 It's currently broken on the UK PS Store. The panel on the right hand side should say 'Free', but currently showing as a full price purchase. It's somehow not recognising the disc in the PS5 as a bought PS4 copy :(
    noboard 10 months ago
    It has to be said, no matter how many pictures I saw, nothing prepared me for the size of the thing
    rmoore12 10 months ago
    Anyone worked out how to do the PS4 disc upgrade to ps5 version of AC Valhalla? Cannot find the upgrade button at all!
    blarts 10 months ago
    Yes my worst fears have now been shown in that little tweet.... the PS5 is no match for an inquisitive cat, never mind an evil one.
    noboard 10 months ago
    Anyone know if the PS5 comes with a free trial of PS Plus? Can't find one in the box. Seems a bit cheap of Sony
    FadetoBlack23 10 months ago
    Apparently Yodel orders are finally starting to go out for delivery, so sometime between now and 9pm for mine (hopefully).
    King_Of_Shovels 10 months ago
    Not a day for me as I chose an XSX, but happy launch day to all those waiting on their PS5's. Fantastic looking machine with plenty of potential.
    mrmonkey101 10 months ago
    BigHal 10 months ago
    Jus got mine from ShopTo no issues at all (I received Demon Souls and Spider-Man Ultimate Edition and extra controller last week).Can’t wait until I finish work to set the thing up. Problem is my daughter (who has a PS4) is now going to want to play Fortnite on it (she is most excited by the controller), so I’ll have to wait until I get my hands on it properly late in the evening.
    Some_Call_Him_Laz 10 months ago
    EvilAspirin 10 months ago
    At work, utterly distracted by the Amazon delivery tracker. Still only says Out for delivery and Arriving today by 11pm. Really hope they can give a more definitive time so I can let those waiting at home know!
    Rogueywon 10 months ago
    Mine just arrived. Had to do the whole security code verification thing for the Amazon driver. Stuck in video-conferences all afternoon, so won't be unboxing it for a while.
    Lexkalin 10 months ago
    Hope they’ll release all black slim version. Not buying into ps5 till then.
    CableNut 10 months ago
    well i just got On it's way, but may be late from amazon. i don't think i'm getting mine today
    dom528 10 months ago
    For all those losing hope, I'm one of the Game/Yodel buyers and my shipment just changed to out for delivery after a morning at the depot - best of luck to everyone else!
    Some_Call_Him_Laz 10 months ago
    Its here! Its here!*opens box*"My god, its full of stars..."
    AlphaOneZero 10 months ago
    Still no update from Yodel...they're as useful as a chocolate teapot. Why oh why couldn't mine have done through DPD! :(
    SilentJimbo 10 months ago
    My Game/Yodel delivery has just arrived. Got a conference call all afternoon though, so can't switch it on just yet.
    weebleman 10 months ago
    My cat is blissfully unaware that it is getting a large empty box of delight to reside in later today
    Username69 10 months ago
    Rogueywon 10 months ago
    Door bell just went and there was a delivery man at my door with a parcel... from Hotel Chocolat. Completely forgot I was expecting another delivery today, as well as the PS5.
    Some_Call_Him_Laz 10 months ago
    Just got psyched out...wasnt the PS5 arriving but the PS camera adapter.It will look nice next to the gap the PS5 should be filling.
    gingamonkey 10 months ago
    Issues with PS4 disc to PS5 upgrade for Valhalla on uk PS store. Not showing up as free upgrade.
    itsinthegame 10 months ago
    Apparently here by 5pm.. cannot wait! Though am guessing the full effect won't be felt till I upgrade my 10yr old Samsung plasma in the sales next week.
    Sixtoe 10 months ago
    Ultimhate 10 months ago
    @MistahParker Oh, I was not trying to point it out as a bad thing; while for sure unexpected, I still think it's an alright deal.
    MistahParker 10 months ago
    @Ultimhate Very in the UK this morning only sold bundles too, I think it's an attempt to try and avoid scalpers.
    MJL 10 months ago
    Royal Mail were all on track to get my PS5 delivered this morning, only to send it to the wrong delivery office! Says it's being re-routed and I don't expect it to arrive today anymore. Bigger problems to have, obviously, but I'm a bit gutted and wanted to have a grumble.
    Chris-Moyse 10 months ago
    Happy Launch Day, folks. May your consoles arrive swiftly and untampered.
    JayArr 10 months ago
    weebleman 10 months ago
    Absolutely delightful display of upholstery Bertie. The rug from earlier is something I feel I need in my life.
    markrobinson1 10 months ago
    Been trying to get one here in Ireland and two of the main sites, DiD and Harvey Norman have been comically broken all morning.
    chuck_bone 10 months ago
    My PS5 is in transit with Amazon!I do hope it arrives before the hids are home from school - as I wont get a look in otherwise!
    Ultimhate 10 months ago
    Couldn't order one in my country. The store's servers were no idea which error to show. Also the store bundles the console with FIFA 21 and an additional controller, thus marking the price up by what amounts to additional 110 dollars/euros. Two and half an hour was enough for them to sell out completely. Oh well, I'm sure they'll be available shortly before CHristmas anyway.Here's a slightly angry "good for you!" to everyone who's about to enjoy their new consoles! :D
    curtlikesmeat 10 months ago
    weebleman 10 months ago
    144 stops ahead of me. May as well do some work I suppose to pass the time.
    minmax 10 months ago
    Malek86 10 months ago
    @blarts so the Series S is... the Shire?
    ShiftyGeezer 10 months ago
    Boooo_urns 10 months ago
    It really does look like the old Carling pump of yester year.
    CJM 10 months ago
    Mine's 4 stops away. I just got very excited when I heard a knock at the door... disappointingly it was just my downstairs neighbours getting Greggs delivered by Deliveroo!
    StooMonster 10 months ago
    Amazon just let me know PS5 may be delivered today, “Delay in delivery due to external factors”. FFS
    chrismikehunt 10 months ago
    My Amazon delivery is sat at ‘Delay in delivery due to external factors’. Doh!
    MistahParker 10 months ago
    @blarts I have seen someone photoshop the PS5 into being the cliff in Minas Tirith and it works incredibly well
    blarts 10 months ago
    MistahParker 10 months ago
    "involves removing a screw which I definitely won't lose when my own console arrives later today.)" There's a slot in the stand itself for the screw!
    blarts 10 months ago
    Just had an email from Yodel to say it's on it's way... However, I get the feeling I'm not the only one, as the tracking link seems to just whitepage.
    Username69 10 months ago
    The seal on mine was broken when I got it. Nothing missing thankfully.
    MistahParker 10 months ago
    I'm delivery 91/98 so who knows when mine is coming, some people don't even have that yet from Yodel though so I guess I can't fault it too much
    AlphaOneZero 10 months ago
    I was dismayed to learn my Very order, which was the only place i could secure a preorder, would be delivered via Yodel...why did it have to be Yodel?! Apparently it's 'at their depot' and due today...although based on their prior performance i have no faith in that :(
    Evenor 10 months ago
    Post deleted
    _TheDarkSide_ 10 months ago
    Mine's on its way. Between 2:15 and 5:15 I get to adopt a PS5. Told my good lady and she immediately started digging out the Christmas wrapping paper! I was all, "DON'T YOU BLOODY DARE, MISSUS"!!"It'll need testing THOROUGHLY, and over several nights"!
    hungarygrowler 10 months ago
    Thank god, mines just been confirmed that's it's out for delivery and will arrive today! Hasn't arrived yet so mustn't get too carried away...
    _TheDarkSide_ 10 months ago
    @Shiftygeezer "He literally gets paid to play PS5 all day..".Cue best Yosser Hughes impersonation.. "Gizza job. Go on giz it. I can do that". lol.
    themightyant 10 months ago
    It just arrived!!! Despite amazon only dispatching around 10pm. Unfortunately up to my eye balls with deadlines.
    richardbegg 10 months ago
    Well said @el_pollo_diablo - I have to say I never thought I'd be glad to see that Amazon Logistics are delivering my PS5.
    onibirdo 10 months ago
    "Nintendo meanwhile is sulking upstairs saying the real next-gen started with the Switch back in 2017, actually"Counterpoint: the Series X|S and PS5 don't have Hades and therefore are not real game consoles.
    el_pollo_diablo 10 months ago
    MistahParker 10 months ago
    devil_badger 10 months ago
    Very dispatched mine yesterday morning. Yodel still haven't received it apparently. Any bets on when it will actually arrive?
    ShiftyGeezer 10 months ago
    chrisdeku 10 months ago
    Ok we’re in the van, only 85 stop before me. Leamington Spa to Oxford is a slooooow journey...
    jim_jiminy 10 months ago
    Mine was delivered at 7.20am by DPD, thanks Argos...Legend.
    PSfourskin 10 months ago
    I'm going to really enjoy reading peoples reactions to the PS5 (and XSX). I will pick one up in the future maybe when GT7 hits but nothing really grabbed me for the launch enough to shell out £70 on at least anyway!
    IainGamer 10 months ago
    AkumaG 10 months ago
    Well that car looks rad and I want it
    X201 10 months ago
    Just found out that my aged computer monitor/surround sound/various adapters to make it work... won’t work with PS5/Xbox.Time for a new monitor and AV amp... ouch
    el_pollo_diablo 10 months ago
    "Switching on hardware is very much like making love to a beautiful woman."- Swiss Tony
    Ultimhate 10 months ago
    Post deleted
    richardbegg 10 months ago
    Good point @LordDemigod
    weebleman 10 months ago
    PUT IT IN A VAN YODEL!!!
    LordDemigod 10 months ago
    itsinthegame 10 months ago
    thanks all, hopefully the adaptors turn up soon!
    CableNut 10 months ago
    Ordered a digital, it would be nice if it was disc version, like some have had
    paradoxwizkuro 10 months ago
    @itsinthegame no still waiting as well for the adaptor
    el_pollo_diablo 10 months ago
    That Panasonic amp is looking very nervous.
    Radiohedgefund 10 months ago
    All i'm expecting today is a new case for my Vita :(
    _TheDarkSide_ 10 months ago
    Xbox wins the box-off!That Xbox box is a very nice box... Nice and boxy.
    AkumaG 10 months ago
    Isn't it bad for disc scratchy scratchy to have a console on carpet?
    Fredd38 10 months ago
    Huge!
    AkumaG 10 months ago
    Not me @itsinthegame :(
    richardbegg 10 months ago
    It's a beast! A sexy beast, but still a beast.
    its-Captain-snowy 10 months ago
    you are not spending all that money for fancy packaging. it just needs to get the PS5 from warehouse to TV.
    blarts 10 months ago
    Waiting on my Notification that my PS5 (and my son's PS5 he bought separately) are on the truck and out for delivery.... my Series X is at one side of my new TV, and the PS5 will go at the other.... suffice to say the rather ridiculously sized PS5 will be placed furthest away from the natural predator of any piece of consumer electronics.... the cats.
    itsinthegame 10 months ago
    has anyone received their VR adapater from Sony yet?? apparently dispatched last Friday, think someones walking it over..
    warfruit 10 months ago
    I'll be tasting mine when it comes.
    AkumaG 10 months ago
    @chrisdeku oh weird, mine from Very is with Royal Mail...
    richardbegg 10 months ago
    chrisdeku 10 months ago
    Very decided to send mine by Fucking Yodel...
    OurDogFudge 10 months ago
    My envy is strong. Really hope all of your orders arrive folks.
    Zeidric 10 months ago
    Just a reminder to those lucky people receiving their PS5's today: I recommend you give Astro a playthrough first to fully see what the Dualsense is all about.
    el_pollo_diablo 10 months ago
    _TheDarkSide_ 10 months ago
    Congrats, Bertie, you lucky fella. So..... Are you tempted to take the rest of the day off? ;-)
    neddie 10 months ago
    Just had a postie from the Royal Mail at the door so I got very excited for a moment, until I realised they don't deliver big parcels until later in the day. Argh!
    UltimateKGB 10 months ago
    Amazon have told me that mine might be delayed, this is after they didn’t deliver my Series X till Friday.
    weebleman 10 months ago
    Mine has arrived at the Yodel depot 15 minutes drive from my house at 11pm last night. It’s currently still sat in the Yodel depot 15 minutes drive from my house.
    Zeidric 10 months ago
    My PS5 is suppose to arrive today but I don't have any games yet. I've also made the stubborn decision to not play it till the 11th of December as that is when I finish work for xmas. Something to look forward to!
    Rogueywon 10 months ago
    It really was cruel to dispatch games last week. Demon's Souls has been staring balefully at me from my shelf, making me curiously resentful.
    Gayrath 10 months ago
    Well after an hour on with GAME support I finally have some tracking details and it looks like it is out for delivery. Might not arrive until 19.30 but it should get here today. *crosses everything*
    _TheDarkSide_ 10 months ago
    Mine's been stuck in Sheffield, the final delivery station, since 5:55 this morning. Put it in the van and make haste, FFS! lol.I swear I'd drive up there and pick it up myself, if I was allowed.
    warfruit 10 months ago
    Waiting for DPD - scheduled for an hour for now. Woot woot! Smyths did great.
    Dant99 10 months ago
    Brought through Amazon arrived nice and early! Setup all complete no problems, been installing miles morales, required a 33gb download despite being from disc.So far Ui is so slow and sluggish it’s unreal, constantly not letting me select ps plus collection or store then seems to freeze every now and then. Won’t let me start either Astro bot or miles morales despite both being updated/installed. Hugely hugely disappointed so far
    StooMonster 10 months ago
    Amazon tell me it’s dispatched, but not giving me a delivery window yet … except “before 10pm”. If it’s like Xbox Series X, they’ll give me a time in next hour or so and deliver mid-afternoon. Which is good, as it’s taking longer than I thought to backup 2TB PS4 to 2TB SSD.
    AkumaG 10 months ago
    Come oooooon Royal Mail. Please don't screw me over the way UPS did last week!
    Killerbee 10 months ago
    Amazon appear to be hiccuping on delivery too. Mine currently says:“ Delay in delivery due to external factors. Your package can still arrive todayWe're working to get your package back on track. Please check again later for more delivery info.“That was 7.30am and no movement since. I’m keeping my fingers crossed. Good luck to everyone else expecting a delivery today!!
    Sheikah 10 months ago
    Amazon have notified me that mine will be arriving between noon and 3. Excitement! Feel bad for those who have ordered with GAME (and especially eBuyer). Shocking how eBuyer sent out emails at 6 PM last night to tell people they wouldn't be getting their consoles for (possibly) weeks...
    Rogueywon 10 months ago
    Mine's out with Amazon, expected between 11AM and 3PM. Unfortuntely, today's bloody awful with work so I doubt I'll get to do more than unbox it and maybe the initial setup until tomorrow afternoon.
    LordDemigod 10 months ago
    Mine is out for delivery with Amazon, good thing I work from home :-)
    weebleman 10 months ago
    Dropped my kids at school and my 8 year old said ‘I cant wait to get home so we can set it up together’. Now I’m just hoping it arrives later tonight otherwise y 8 year old is gonna be disappointed.
    SevenOutOfTen 10 months ago