The Isle of Armor expansion DLC is the first of two coming the Pokémon Sword and Shield, and brings with it a cluster of new areas to explore and tasks to complete.
You'll find our Isle of Armor walkthrough below, which details the handful of steps required to finish the short but enjoyable story, including its handful of quests that pop up along the way.
Pokémon Sword and Shield Isle of Armor walkthrough
There are a handful of quests you'll need to complete in order to beat Isle of Armor's relaxing little story. Here's our walkthrough, running you through each step of the storyline until you finish it, with links out to our dedicated guides along the way.
Pokémon Sword and Shield: Isle of Armor walkthrough
- Arrive on the Isle of Armor itself - here's how to start the Isle of Armor DLC if you're unsure.
- Start the story - on arrival, you'll get your Isle of Armor Pokédex and be faced with a quick battle. In the Sword version, that's against your rival Klara. In Shield, your rival's Avery. After you beat them, head to the Dojo up ahead to start the story itself. Here's their Pokémon for this fight:
- Klara - Venipede Lv. 58; Galarian Slowpoke Lv. 60. (If you haven't beaten the Champion Cup yet, they'll be Lv. 10 and 12.)
- Avery - Abra Lv. 58; Galarian Slowpoke Lv.60. (Levels 10 and 12 if before beating the Champion Cup.)
- At the Dojo, you'll meet Honey and Mustard, the owners. Battle Mustard, and then you'll be given your first of three challenges.
- Mustard - Mienfoo Lv. 13/61; Shinx Lv. 13/61
- Your first challenge: how to find the three Slowpoke and Dojo outfit
- Your second challenge: Max Mushroom locations
- Your third challenge: defeat your rival Klara/Avery in battle!
- Next, you'll need to get friendly with Kubfu: how to become best friends with Kubfu
- After that, you'll need to defeat either the Tower of Water or Tower of Darkness, which is how to evolve Kubfu into Urshifu.
- Then, you need to get the Sticky Honey by finding Lilligant, Applin and Vespiquen.
- Finally, Urshifu can Gigantamax, and you can battle Mustard again, for some more rewards and to unlock restricted battling!
It's time to start the Isle of Armor DLC and our Pokémon Isle of Armor walkthrough. Plus, here's how to find the Slowpoke, where to find Max Mushroom locations, and how to get Kubfu, become best friends and evolve it! We've also got pages on how to catch the returning Pokémon from past generations, and all Diglett locations too! Elsewhere, 2020 has seen a few new announcements - such as Mythical Zarude, the ability to transfer Pokémon to Pokémon Home, news of the Sword and Shield Expansion Pass and the release of Gigantamax Toxtricity. Elsewhere, our Pokémon Sword and Shield walkthrough gives an overview of the game. Otherwise, we cover everything from the Wild Area, starters Sobble, Scorbunny and Grookey, lists of all TM locations and TRs, all Galarian forms and the Legendaries Zacian and Zamazenta.
Other Isle of Armor guides to help with the first expansion
There are several other tasks you can complete here on the Isle of Armor!
We've put together some more guides on a few of them, with more to come over the next few days. For now, here's what we have.
Other Pokémon Isle of Armor guides
- How to start the Pokémon Isle of Armor DLC
- Pokémon Isle of Armor Diglett locations: how to find all Alolan Diglett
- Pokémon Isle of Armor Pokédex and returning Pokémon list
Be sure to check back - there's more coming soon!